The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

17 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

William,

My 14 year old daughter has been watching Breaking Bad (she's on the final season now) and she's been trying to get me to watch it. She said it's the best series she has ever watched.

Now I know she has good taste.

It's a great series Sandy.  You won't be dissappointed!  So many series falter after the first season.  Not this one...

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/22/2024 at 10:13 AM, Sandy Larsen said:

William,

My 14 year old daughter has been watching Breaking Bad (she's on the final season now) and she's been trying to get me to watch it. She said it's the best series she has ever watched.

Now I know she has good taste.

Binge-watch Breaking Bad then binge it's equally great prequel series Better Call Saul.

It's a month well spent.

16 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Interesting. But what order should I watch them? Any preference?

Breaking Bad first then Better Call Saul.  The latter will expand your understanding of the former -- part of the fun!  Then watch the epilogue -- El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie.

In the cable TV era only three other series reach this level of greatness (imho): The Sopranos, The Wire, and Mad Men.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

What would happen if Donald Trump did not pick a Vice-President and didn’t nominate one for the Congress to confirm?

The 25th Amendment says that: “In case of the removal of the President from office or of his death or resignation, the Vice President shall become President.”

Its next section reads: “Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.”

https://www.axios.com/2024/06/23/trump-vice-president-doug-burgum-election-2024

The former president said Saturday that he's made his pick and that person will attend Thursday's presidential debate.

• Trump added that the person he's picked doesn't know it yet, and it was unclear from his comments when he planned to tell them.

• The former president previously said he would announce his vice president at the RNC, which is scheduled for July 15-18.

There is not going to be an audience at the debate

I can see Trump not wanting a Vice-President, considering what happened to Pence and all.

Steve Thomas

Steve,

I think Trump will pick Doug Burgum, because the guy is rich and could pass for a T.V. weatherman.

Kevin Drum had a humorous blog about this subject two weeks ago.

Which horrible person will be Trump’s VP?

The Washington Post writes today about the eight leading contenders to be Donald Trump's vice president. Here's my ranking:

Greatest willingness to kowtow: Tim Scott

Overall pure shittiness: Elise Stefanik

Nonentity award: Doug Burgum

Willingness to pretend to be an idiot: J.D. Vance

Actual idiot: Ben Carson

Most pathetically ambitious: Marco Rubio

Strong right arm of retribution: Tom Cotton

Freedom Caucus true believer: Byron Donalds

So what does Trump want in a veep. Someone who will sing his praises endlessly? Scott. Someone spineless? Rubio. Just a generally horrible person? Stefanik. Someone who will eagerly help him in his campaign for revenge? Cotton. All of these have obvious appeal to Trump, so it's hard to predict what he'll do. Wait and see.

2 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

What would happen if Donald Trump did not pick a Vice-President and didn’t nominate one for the Congress to confirm?

The 25th Amendment says that: “In case of the removal of the President from office or of his death or resignation, the Vice President shall become President.”

Its next section reads: “Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.”

https://www.axios.com/2024/06/23/trump-vice-president-doug-burgum-election-2024

The former president said Saturday that he's made his pick and that person will attend Thursday's presidential debate.

• Trump added that the person he's picked doesn't know it yet, and it was unclear from his comments when he planned to tell them.

• The former president previously said he would announce his vice president at the RNC, which is scheduled for July 15-18.

There is not going to be an audience at the debate

I can see Trump not wanting a Vice-President, considering what happened to Pence and all.

Steve Thomas

I do not see how Trump's pick for V{P would be allowed to attend the debate if there is no audience under the rules.

33 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

I do not see how Trump's pick for V{P would be allowed to attend the debate if there is no audience under the rules.

Doug,

That crossed my mind too, that's why I put that line in there.

I suppose it comes down to the definition of the word, "attend". I suppose you could "attend" the debate from home.

Given the fact that, in the end, Mike Pence refused to do what Donald Trump wanted him to do, I don't think Trump will risk that again.

It occurred to me that one way to avoid being undercut by your second-in-command is to simply not have one. If he does pick someone, it will have to be somebody who is already so compromised in their own right, that they won't dare to cross him. Trump will blackmail him or her six ways to Sunday.

There is no other Republican who can bring any more strength to the ticket then Donald himself, so his running mate will not be adding anything to the ticket.

Hitler didn't have a second-in-command, did he? Did Mussolini? Did Pinochet? Did Peron, or Ceasar, or Emperor Maximilian, or Henry VIII, or  Louis XVI?

If Trump is forced to have a Vice-President, that guy will be banished to Barrow, Alaska.

Steve Thomas

Paul McCartney will never be tainted in Israel.
Paul McCartney said he will not receive the Wolf Award: “I didn’t sing ‘Love is all you need’ to continue my career in a butcher shop held by blood that kills innocent children and civilians. I have always hated the barracks and military and in honor of my friends John Lennon and Michael Jackson who were murdered, I will never set foot on a land occupied by murderers... I don't have time to waste with this bullshit!
No photo description available.

3 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:
Paul McCartney will never be tainted in Israel.
Paul McCartney said he will not receive the Wolf Award: “I didn’t sing ‘Love is all you need’ to continue my career in a butcher shop held by blood that kills innocent children and civilians. I have always hated the barracks and military and in honor of my friends John Lennon and Michael Jackson who were murdered, I will never set foot on a land occupied by murderers... I don't have time to waste with this bullshit!
No photo description available.

Good for Paul!      Paul's saying Michael Jackson was murdered?