The Education Forum

How Kooky was Vincent Bugliosi ?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven’t watched yet but O’Neill’s book absolutely eviscerates Bugliosi’s credibility and makes him look like a total narcissistic clown. Jim D., Pat Speer and others have done quite a number on Bugliosi’s JFK book, but O’Neill takes it to a whole new level and paints a portrait of an abusive egomaniacal stalker who lied, suppressed evidence and suborned perjury in the pursuit of personal fame. 

16 minutes ago, Tom Gram said:

I haven’t watched yet but O’Neill’s book absolutely eviscerates Bugliosi’s credibility and makes him look like a total narcissistic clown. Jim D., Pat Speer and others have done quite a number on Bugliosi’s JFK book, but O’Neill takes it to a whole new level and paints a portrait of an abusive egomaniacal stalker who lied, suppressed evidence and suborned perjury in the pursuit of personal fame. 

Agreed. 

TRUE CRIME PODCAST, Episode 53 --- Vincent Bugliosi Was A Creep

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/true-crime-ep-53-vincent-bugliosi-was-a-creep/id1495280879?i=1000536832053

Some people here still consider him some sort of credible expert.

The guy was a nut case.

3 hours ago, Tom Gram said:

Book released though in 2019, 4 years after Bugliosi died and not in a position to refute any accusations against him.

Did O'Neill put any of these accusations to Bugliosi while he was still alive and in a position to refute them?

2 hours ago, Gerry Down said:

Book released though in 2019, 4 years after Bugliosi died and not in a position to refute any accusations against him.

Did O'Neill put any of these accusations to Bugliosi while he was still alive and in a position to refute them?

Yes he did, repeatedly, and recorded Bugliosi’s answers. If I recall there are several verbatim transcripts of conversations with Bugliosi in O’Neill‘s book. They aren’t very flattering, to put it mildly. 

O’Neill also published several primary source documents from the Manson case, including one example of Bugliosi suppressing evidence in Bugliosi’s own handwriting. I would read the book and decide for yourself. 

Edited by Tom Gram

6 minutes ago, Tom Gram said:

Yes he did, repeatedly, and recorded Bugliosi’s answers. If I recall there are several verbatim transcripts of conversations with Bugliosi in O’Neill‘s book. They aren’t very flattering, to put it mildly. 

O’Neill also published several primary source documents from the Manson case, including one example of Bugliosi suppressing evidence in Bugliosi’s own handwriting. I would read the book and decide for yourself. 

Oh ok, I didn't realize that. 

17 hours ago, Robbie Robertson said:

OMG this guy was full on whack job. This is the guy @David Von Pein holds up to say wrote the most comprehensive examination of the JFKA and Warren Report ever done? Something like that?

2 hours ago, Bob Ness said:

OMG this guy was full on whack job. This is the guy @David Von Pein holds up to say wrote the most comprehensive examination of the JFKA and Warren Report ever done? Something like that?

When he is guilty of :

abusing the power of his office
falsification of evidence
perjury in his sworn depositions
complicity in the obstruction of justice
slander of innocent people

What does it say about the man's credibility ?

3 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Did Bugliosi subscribe to the "the tumbling bullet"? 

If it was a Warren Commission verdict, then Bugliosi subscribed to it.

So Bugliosi was a nutter. How appropriate.

19 hours ago, Gerry Down said:

Funny how you apply one standard to Bugliosi and another to Lee Harvey Oswald.

You cringe at the thought of a book critical of a subject being published after its subject is dead.

But Oswald was dead when the FBI's summary report named him as President Kennedy's assassin. 

You don't have any problem with that, do you ?

You cry unfair that Bugliosi didn't have the opportunity to refute accusations against him, like his denial would somehow convince you of his innocence.

While at the same time you still don't believe Oswald, who DID refute ( quite emphatically ) the accusations against him.

So what's up with this double standard of yours ?