The Education Forum

Left-Wing Daily Beast Reviews JFK Rape of Marilyn Monroe Movie "Blonde"

The Daily Beast

The Most Horrifying Scene in ‘Blonde’: JFK Raping Marilyn

Ana de Armas transforms into Marilyn Monroe in “Blonde,” a new film in theaters Sept. 16. It’s a horror show filled with disturbing imagery. But one sequence stands out.

---30---

This review of the movie "Blonde" ran in the left-wing Daily Beast on September 19 2022. Yes, the film features Marilyn Monroe being raped by JFK. That's as far as I got in the review.  I guess Hollywood is making movies about JFK raping Marilyn Monroe. 

The left-wing, Donk-centric Daily Beast seems devoted to altering the public perception of JFK, even as the JFK Records are deep-sixed in perpetuity by Donk President Biden. 

Why? Is there a larger game plan? 

If you go here:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/keyword/john-f-kennedy

You will see string of negative stories about JFK, and JFKA researchers, ridicule of Oliver Stone's movie, and another story on the "mistress who carried messages between JFK and the Mob." 

Let's not forget this one:

Did Marilyn Monroe Abort JFK or RFK’s Baby Before She Died?

What to make of left-wing media? What drives left-wing coverage of JFK and the JFK Records Act? 

The Daily Beast is defined as left wing here:

https://www.allsides.com/news-source/daily-beast-media-bias

Edited by Benjamin Cole

I have watched this movie and if the scene being spoken about is the "JFK talking on the phone while Marilyn enters and gives the president oral sex" scene.........it is definitely not a rape scene.

10 hours ago, Adam Johnson said:

I have watched this movie and if the scene being spoken about is the "JFK talking on the phone while Marilyn enters and gives the president oral sex" scene.........it is definitely not a rape scene.

That may be...but The Daily Beast described the scene as depicting a rape. 

What drives The Daily Beast and its coverage of JFK? 

Why now...as the JFK Records are under review? 

Why is this topic not more appropriate for the JFK DEEP POLITICS section, since it has zero to do with the actual assassination? Ben, if you're convinced this is part of a "Deep State" operation, then you're actually making my point that it belongs in the JFK DEEP POLITICS section.

Now...do your best to convince me that's NOT what you're saying.

Respectfully, Mark, by the standards cited in your post, any past thread/post on the posthumous smearing of JFK needs to be removed to the DEEP POLITICS section.

Persons wishing to see the salient part of the scene should search YouTube for the short called Blonde: Marilyn Monroe and JFK Scene (My Honest Reaction)#blonde #movies #netflix #marilynmonroe, which contains the salient bit.  Where the scene is stopped is as far as the allegated rape depiction goes.  The scene closely follows a scene in the novel.

EDIT: I guess the underlined above works as a link.  Clicking it is optional.

If problems, delete my post.

Edited by David Andrews

I dealt with some of this in my review of Hersh's BS.

1.  MM was never at the White House during the JFK presidency. Period.  And she likely was not at the White  House ever.

2. MM never had an abortion.  She had two miscarriages. and one ectopic pregnancy which she had to terminate.

And this info was from her gynecologist.

Edited by James DiEugenio

This is what I mean by wacko conspiracies theories. The  people who made a film containing a salacious  scene involving JFK couldn't just be out to make money? Ben never considers the profit motive.

Ben:The left-wing, Donk-centric Daily Beast seems devoted to altering the public perception of JFK, even as the JFK Records are deep-sixed in perpetuity by Donk President Biden. 

Why? Is there a larger game plan? 

This couldn't just be one person writing a movie review. Not,according to Ben from Thailand. This is the left who have now become part of the government globalist "deep state" ( a phrase Ben has used more frequently than anyone on this forum) and is now besmirching  the reputation of their  60 year old icon of World Peace because, why?  What are you alleging Ben? That they think he was too soft on  the Russian threat back in the 60's?

If you read your articles in the link you provided. Their lead article and  most currently relevant article  "What the Cuban Missile Crisis Can Teach the U.S. About How to Deal With Russia and Ukraine" praises JFK and Khrushev and their handling of the Cuban missile crisis against all their advisors and says that Biden and Putin should do the same. This is pro JFK!

The same regurgitated "human interest" stories about Marilyn Monroe and the mob, and it's easy to see why they do it because it even generates some interest here!

But another article among the links you've provided to presumably make your case is entitled. "How JFK Became the Poster Boy for Idealism and Hope"  And under it  the caption says, "There is a shared sense among historians that Kennedy was on his way to greatness when he died.  An excellent new biography says the greatness was there all the time."  Are you reading your links?   Are you disappointed because you insist that all articles written about JFK, whether true or not, have to be positive?                                             

Ben:What drives The Daily Beast and its coverage of JFK? 

Why now...as the JFK Records are under review?

I guarantee you. This article about this movie will have absolutely no effect on the release of JFK records.

I seldom read the Daily Beast,You're making an assumption that the Daily Beast opposes the release of JFK records. I've checked earlier articles This is just plain false!

Ben: Why? Is there a larger game plan? 

Ok, I know citing articles, from links that you provided that tended that exalt JFK rather than scandalize him will not persuade you.

What are you alleging is the Daily Beast  larger game plan, Ben? Be specific, go into some detail. Who are they ideologically aligned with?

5 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

And this info was from her gynecologist.

Remember that MM led a considerably bi-coastal life, with contacts and associates in New York also.

And no part of Blonde, novel or film, takes place in the WH.

Edited by David Andrews

I would challenge Ben to answer a question:

How many people of the group you call "Donks" or "the left" even read The Daily Beast?

There are some members of this forum who would call me a leftist [I'm actually a centrist, for the most part], and the only time I hear from or about The Daily Beast is when someone with their knickers in a bunch uses The Daily Beast to illustrate just how crazy "the left" actually is.

I consider The Daily Beast to be as unreliable as the National Enquirer. So I don't subscribe to their junk, and I don't seek out their junk.

But apparently Ben thinks all the people on "the left," including every "Donk," read them religiously and believe every word they publish.

Here's some news for you, Ben: it ain't necessarily so.

32 minutes ago, Mark Knight said:

I would challenge Ben to answer a question:

How many people of the group you call "Donks" or "the left" even read The Daily Beast?

There are some members of this forum who would call me a leftist [I'm actually a centrist, for the most part], and the only time I hear from or about The Daily Beast is when someone with their knickers in a bunch uses The Daily Beast to illustrate just how crazy "the left" actually is.

I consider The Daily Beast to be as unreliable as the National Enquirer. So I don't subscribe to their junk, and I don't seek out their junk.

But apparently Ben thinks all the people on "the left," including every "Donk," read them religiously and believe every word they publish.

Here's some news for you, Ben: it ain't necessarily so.

Yup - thanks Mark. 

Mark nailed it.

I will only add that the recent Republican efforts to re-define JFK and RFK as heroes of the MAGA-verse are simply ridiculous.

It is true that the Kennedy brothers sought to reign in the Deep State, and were murdered as a result, but, ideologically, they had very little in common with the 21st century right wing, militant, anti-woke, anti-government Trumplicons of the MAGA-verse.

This revisionist Republican history began with the 2017 Trump/Fox propaganda narratives to blame Trump's misconduct on the "Deep State."

And let's recall that Tucker Carlson said nothing when Trump nixed the release of the JFK records in 2017 and 2018.

2 hours ago, David Andrews said:

Remember that MM led a considerably bi-coastal life, with contacts and associates in New York also.

And no part of Blonde, novel or film, takes place in the WH.

David, since you insist.  Whatever bicoastalness:

https://news.yahoo.com/most-horrifying-scene-blonde-jfk-084110517.html

The above did not happen.

13 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

David, since you insist.  Whatever bicoastalness:

https://news.yahoo.com/most-horrifying-scene-blonde-jfk-084110517.html

The above did not happen.

As Flaubert said, Art is not made from good intentions.

The list of things in Blonde that didn't happen is rather long.  I can show you historical fiction where "everything happened," even a novel speculating on what Oswald's trial would have been like.  Nobody reads such distressingly literal stuff.

Edited by David Andrews

I will be doing an extensive exploration of this subject.

Joyce Carol Oates' novel is just that of course.  But she did an odd thing up front in the Author's Note. She tried to insinuate that it was a roman a clef by saying that it was based on books that are supposedly non fiction i.e. by Fred Guiles, Norman Mailer, Graham McCann, Carl Rollyson and, OMG,  Anthony Summers.

In my upcoming essay, this is the issue I am going to explore:  was the non fiction really non fiction?  And the impact of this mixutre  on our culture.

Oates' novel was made into a TV movie twice.

This last version quite appropriately won the Razzie as worst film.

BTW, Daily Beast carried that ridiculous Max Holland article about the Italian leftist newspaper and the plots to kill DeGaulle, and how it influenced Garrison to indict Shaw.  Which it did not.  I have one upcoming on this very soon.