The Education Forum

Sixty

As we approach the 60th anniversary of JFK's Assassination I started thinking back.  To remembering that day, the funeral.  Questioning the lone nut theory starting in the late 70s.  Mafia did it in the 80's.  Then a few books, The Ruby Cover Up, Crossfire, High Treason.  Then the film, JFK.  A few more books, then the internet.

Fast forward to the 50th anniversary, ten years ago.  I watched the National disgrace put on by the city of dallas live that day.  And listened to Jeff Morley's featured speaker at Lancer that year speech, how many thousand hits his website had gotten that day.  New books, revised second editions.  I thought, this is it, interest will wane, probably few newer relevant books or anything else.  It seemed amazing at that point that I believe it was still around 70% of US citizens still didn't believe in the official Oswald lone nut theory.  Especially given the subject was, and is, taboo in the main stream media.

Well I was wrong, about the books especially.  Which is good for Truth in history and encouraging.  The last I read, still over 60% don't believe the LN theory. Podcasts by younger people with interest like Robbie Robertson's Out of the Blank and more are encouraging as well in a world where reading is often limited to a few lines.  Along the same line, video vs reading's appeal to a younger audience, I think we all owe a debt of gratitude to Oliver Stone and Jim DiEugenio for the documentaries JFK Revisited: Through the Looking Glass and Destiny Betrayed.  Other documentaries in the last 10 years have helped keep interest in the subject alive.  Wormwood, exposing the CIA's secretive machinations prior to JFK's Presidency comes to mind.

But regarding the books.  Thanks to all the authors for keeping the faith, exposing the Truth for future generations (and Me!) the last 10 years.  These are some I've read in that time, in no particular order, some details of which I'm sure I missed or have forgotten.

The Devil's Chessboard, David Talbot, 2015

In the Eye of History, William Matson Law, 2015

Faustian Bargains, Joan Mellen, 2017

Ghost, Jefferson Morley, 2017

Burying the Lead, Mal Hyman, 2019

JFK Revisited, Jim DiEugenio, 2022

Rose Cherami, Michael Marcades, 2020

Political Truth The Media and the Assassination of President Kennedy, Joseph McBride, 2022

JFK vs Allen Dulles, Greg Poulgrain, 2020

America's Last President, Monica Wiesak, 2022

Tipping Point, Larry Hancock, 2021 (should probably be closer to the top if putting in any order, jmo).

Honest Answers About the Murder of President John F. Kennedy, Vince Palamara, 2021

Last for now, again, not intentionally, one of the latest, Coup In Dallas, Hank Albarelli, Leslie Sharp and Alan Kent.  A game changer?

Other related books in the 10 years.  A Lie Too Big To Fail, Lisa Pease, Poisoner In Chief, Stephen Kinzer, and Chaos, Tom O'Neil.

The question of LHO's lone guilt remains a thankfully open question to many of us because of these authors, documentarians and pod casters.  Thank you all.  And others who ask legitimate relevant questions

Though JW is not, the subject is,

Edited by Ron Bulman

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Last for now, again, not intentionally, one of the latest, Coup In Dallas, Hank Albarelli, Leslie Sharp and Alan Kent.  A game changer?

Yes, Ron most intriguing.

I am reading Newman's 'Uncovering Popov's Mole' and finding it another 'game changer'.  If readers have not got this edition (not really necessary to have Vols. I, II and III) it is a must read!  The work of Newman, with Uncle Malcolm & the late Pete Bagley, explains so much.  Angleton's paranoia of a mole high up in CIA is confirmed and exposed.  Also, new revelations of LHO in Minsk and confirmation that Marina was a KGB 'swallow'.  Nosenko was provocation and so much more.  Don't want to give too much of the game away, but I strongly recommend study of this publication to everyone who has not caught up with this.

Well Pete, your mention of Newman made me think I've missed a couple on the shelves.  Like Where Angels Tread Lightly by him from 2015.  I also have JFK and Vietnam and have read Oswald and the CIA but both were from before the 50th.  I'm behind on his more recent works.  

Then there is Dallas '63 by Peter Dale Scott also from 2015.  Who I have also not read enough of but a good bit about, quoted often.  

Last, of note, in the related section, regarding it's mention in another thread and his Candidacy is Robert F. Kennedy JR's American Values from 2018.  In it he does implicate the CIA of JFK.

11 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Well Pete, your mention of Newman made me think I've missed a couple on the shelves.  Like Where Angels Tread Lightly by him from 2015.  I also have JFK and Vietnam and have read Oswald and the CIA but both were from before the 50th.  I'm behind on his more recent works.  

Ron, Newman's latest works were sketched out to be a 4 Vol. set.  'Armageddon' was to be Vol. IV, but because of some mind blowing research, J.N. has inserted 'Exposing Popov's Mole' as Vol. IV and re-scheduled 'Armageddon' to Vol. V.  To be honest, I've found the series a slow boiler with Vols. I, II & III.  I reckon anyone partially conversant with JFKA can dive into Vol. IV easily.  I've been putting together a Powerpoint & MS Word presentation on Angleton for a DPUK seminar in June & discovered that now, much that I have written from Weiner, Mangold & Morley has to be altered, or, completely re-written.  That's a game changer!

5 hours ago, Pete Mellor said:

Ron, Newman's latest works were sketched out to be a 4 Vol. set.  'Armageddon' was to be Vol. IV, but because of some mind blowing research, J.N. has inserted 'Exposing Popov's Mole' as Vol. IV and re-scheduled 'Armageddon' to Vol. V.  To be honest, I've found the series a slow boiler with Vols. I, II & III.  I reckon anyone partially conversant with JFKA can dive into Vol. IV easily.  I've been putting together a Powerpoint & MS Word presentation on Angleton for a DPUK seminar in June & discovered that now, much that I have written from Weiner, Mangold & Morley has to be altered, or, completely re-written.  That's a game changer!

What book did Weiner write on Angleton?

1 hour ago, Gerry Down said:

What book did Weiner write on Angleton?

'Legacy of Ashes-History of CIA'

Starting this thread I didn't mean for it to be one dimensional.  E.G., books or just the last 10 years, though I do consider them important.  There have been important revelations in the last several years.  Avenues of research have expanded.  Thank you Uncle Malcom and Bart along with many more.  

Speaking of books though, it seems a couple of more I missed have resurfaced, Stanley Marcus Murder Most Foul and Two Days of Infamy, along with a play by author Rob Coteau currently discussed in Jim's thread on the subject.

Even Bob Dylan commented somewhat recently.  There's a party behind the grassy knoll.  Dealy Plaza make a left turn.  The place where faith hope and charity died.  Well worth another listen.

Edited by Ron Bulman

29 minutes ago, Denny Zartman said:

The lyric video I made for Dylan's song has about 300k views and gets commented on regularly. It resonates with people.

A link Denny?

In trying to make the thread not one dimensional, I wonder not just about how the world has changed not just politically the last 60 years, but historically, socially, technologically.  From Black and White TV, corded telephones, to AM mono radio. 

The last makes me think of Jackie's saying he enjoyed this song.

Thinking more of AM radio I wondered what songs I might have heard at six years old that JFK might have heard in his last year that stuck in my memory. 

Number 5 on the billboard charts caught my attention.  Louie Louie by the Kingsmen.  Recorded first by Paul Revere and the Raiders but out by them first.  Did JFK ever hear it, IDK.  I wonder, a personal connection for me with JFK musically?  From the first album I ever bought in I think 1969. Paul Revere and the Raiders Greatest Hits.  I still laugh at the sax part and the chorus line at the end every time I watch it.  Though I know he never saw this.

In spite of his bad back JFK played football. Both on the lawn by the sea at Hyannis Port and barely earned a letter at Harvard.  His cancelled trip to Chicago in November 1963 was to a football game.  He was a fan.  Who won the NFL championship in 1962.  I'd bet he saw it, maybe on an color tv, or was it broadcast only in black and white?  The times have changed a lot in 60 years.  Answering machines invented, now history.  Policies changed immediately on his death.  Those changes have affected us all as well as technology has.

Back to AM radio and B/W TV for some of us.  Viva Las Vegas the movie didn't come out until April 1964 so JFK never saw it.  But this was the number one billboard song for 1963, so he likely heard it.  Had probably met Elvis, maybe Ann Margaret.