The Education Forum

RFK Jr discusses his candidacy (and talks about Operation Northwoods)

Most are asleep. It’s very disappointing. I can’t tell you how often I encounter it. All I have to do is mention RFK Jr. To top it off, this morning the NYT ran an opinion piece titled “Imagine if another Bernie Sanders challenges Joe Biden”. Not only does the piece never mention RFK Jr, it looks back at 1968 and points out Eugene McCarthy’s strong showing in the New Hampshire primaries without ever mentioning Robert Kennedy. I wrote a letter to the editor. Well, I can imagine that the Times couldn’t mention either Robert Kennedy or his son without mentioning both. It’s shocking. Unherd had a lengthy interview with RFK Jr which was very good. Friends who told me about it had watched it first, and their reaction to it so off target and unhinged. It’s clearly because they and everyone else for that matter is wearing some weird glasses that turns everything upside down. It does in fact feel like mass hypnosis. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

Most are asleep. It’s very disappointing. I can’t tell you how often I encounter it. All I have to do is mention RFK Jr. To top it off, this morning the NYT ran an opinion piece titled “Imagine if another Bernie Sanders challenges Joe Biden”. Not only does the piece never mention RFK Jr, it looks back at 1968 and points out Eugene McCarthy’s strong showing in the New Hampshire primaries without ever mentioning Robert Kennedy. I wrote a letter to the editor. Well, I can imagine that the Times couldn’t mention either Robert Kennedy or his son without mentioning both. It’s shocking. Unherd had a lengthy interview with RFK Jr which was very good. Friends who told me about it had watched it first, and their reaction to it so off target and unhinged. It’s clearly because they and everyone else for that matter is wearing some weird glasses that turns everything upside down. It does in fact feel like mass hypnosis. 

I watched the UnHerd video too, I shared it here somewhere. I likes that Freddy went quite hard on RFK Jr in the questions, it was very professional, responsible journalism. 

Its astonishing that they omitted his and his fathers name in the article. I am not sure if everyone realises but, canceling doesn’t always work. Lets use the unpopular Mr Tate as the example. He was pulled off all major social media platforms last year and the result was his gaining a much larger following and achieving greater exposure. Thats what the establishment is afraid of. It may be that they are hoping that out of sight, is out of mind. I expect them to create a false impression of RFK’ Jr’s popularity, and even use the same rigged polls if necessary. It has a huge effect on voters and turnout. Most of us behave with a herd mentality, people are very susceptible to being led by others. 

I was thinking that this voice problem that RFK has may work in his favour. Initially, I felt it would be a huge issue in debate, that others would shout him down or force errors but, I am now thinking it has a very sad gravelly tone to it. There is nothing more underdog that a guy who has a speech problem being brave enough to run for potus and on the policy of speaking truth. He needs to keep cranking out videos of his father and uncle, he needs to keep quoting them. The narrative of a father and uncle quote possibly killed by the state is just irresistible. Idealists are magnetic. People need to wake up to the dark arts at play. 

We can hope and spread the word. 

I am not sure, but I think that according to the latest polls I saw, Biden's disapproval rating is just a bit lower than RFK Jr.

And in that poll, Biden was losing to both Trump and DeSantis.

Biden's age is becoming a factor.

18 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

There is too many if those videos going around where he loses his drift mid sentence. The Republicans will have a field day with it. If the powers that be had wanted him gone, the 25th amendment would have been used. I am not sure anyone has faith in his no.2. 

i found these two hosts unprofessional, and they really need to get a grasp of the situation before talking to 1.5m people about it. On the other hand, there were some ok sound bytes from the female newscaster. 

14 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

I am not sure, but I think that according to the latest polls I saw, Biden's disapproval rating is just a bit lower than RFK Jr.

Whew! Maga boys, feeling their oats! Gaining steam!

On 5/9/2023 at 6:25 AM, James DiEugenio said:

The Donks are in a fix, and the 'Phants may be also. 

It would not surprise me if Donk primary voters go with RFK Jr. 

Nor if 'Phanters go with Trump. 

My guess is RFK Jr. can beat Trump, just by looking sensible and civil. 

Look for a Niagara of feculent invective directed at RFK Jr. and Trump. 

BTW, do you think Donk voters are chumps? 

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/08/opinion/inflation-reduction-act-global-asset-managers.html

President Biden is helping to privatize US utilities. An anti-Roosevelt. 

March under a rainbow flag to higher utility bills and crappy service. 

No wonder people will vote for RFK Jr.  

25 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

The Donks are in a fix, and the 'Phants may be also. 

It would not surprise me if Donk primary voters go with RFK Jr. 

Nor if 'Phanters go with Trump. 

My guess is RFK Jr. can beat Trump, just by looking sensible and civil. 

Look for a Niagara of feculent invective directed at RFK Jr. and Trump. 

BTW, do you think Donk voters are chumps? 

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/08/opinion/inflation-reduction-act-global-asset-managers.html

President Biden is helping to privatize US utilities. An anti-Roosevelt. 

March under a rainbow flag to higher utility bills and crappy service. 

No wonder people will vote for RFK Jr.  

Ben,

Thanks for sharing your bizarre perspective from the MAGA-verse.

Reading your strange concept of the 21st century history of Donks and 'Phants, one could easily forget which party has largely created the gargantuan U.S. national debt by cutting taxes for billionaires, (in 2001, 2003, and 2017) while repeatedly trying to sabotage healthcare funding (including Medicare and Medicaid) for America's beleaguered working class.

What do Kevin McCarthy and the GOP Sedition Caucus want, at present, in exchange for raising the debt-ceiling-- which they raised three times for Donald Trump, (the "King of Debt") and seven times for Bush and Dick ("Deficits Don't Matter") Cheney?  Any clue?

Meanwhile, have you figured out yet that the right wing corporate media has directed a "Niagra of feculent invective" at President Biden for the past three years, while simultaneously promoting Trump's Stop-the-Steal hoax, and undermining a constructive public health response to the COVID pandemic in Trump-voting counties?

When historians look back on current U.S. events, I think they will fairly conclude that Biden ranks among the most underrated of U.S. Presidents, and Trump among the most bizarrely overrated.

As a POTUS, Trump was an unfit, inept, unmitigated disaster.

Edited by W. Niederhut

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ben,

Thanks for sharing your bizarre perspective from the MAGA-verse.

Reading your strange concept of the 21st century history of Donks and 'Phants, one could easily forget which party has largely created the gargantuan U.S. national debt by cutting taxes for billionaires, (in 2001, 2003, and 2017) while repeatedly trying to sabotage healthcare funding (including Medicare and Medicaid) for America's beleaguered working class.

What do Kevin McCarthy and the GOP Sedition Caucus want, at present, in exchange for raising the debt-ceiling-- which they raised three times for Donald Trump, (the "King of Debt") and seven times for Bush and Dick ("Deficits Don't Matter") Cheney?  Any clue?

Meanwhile, have you figured out yet that the right wing corporate media has directed a "Niagra of feculent invective" at President Biden for the past three years, while simultaneously promoting Trump's Stop-the-Steal hoax, and undermining a constructive public health response to the COVID pandemic in Trump-voting counties?

When historians look back on current U.S. events, I think they will fairly conclude that Biden ranks among the most underrated of U.S. Presidents, and Trump among the most bizarrely overrated.

As a POTUS, Trump was an unfit, inept, unmitigated disaster.

Speaking of feculent invective...

W---do you ever engage someone with different  points of view in an appreciative or civil manner? 

I did not say I supported Trump or Biden or RFK Jr.

In fact, IMHO the three offer rather poor choices, although RFK Jr. is interesting, and could turn out to be a good president. 

The water cooler section is calling you. 

55 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Speaking of feculent invective...

W---do you ever engage someone with different  points of view in an appreciative or civil manner? 

I did not say I supported Trump or Biden or RFK Jr.

In fact, IMHO the three offer rather poor choices, although RFK Jr. is interesting, and could turn out to be a good president. 

The water cooler section is calling you. 

The three offer rather poor choices, Ben?  C'mon, man.

Do you really imagine that there is any meaningful equivalence between the GOP and the modern Democratic Party-- as if they were both equally unacceptable?

Do you understand the GOP "Starve-the-Beast" agenda in the post-Reagan era, and its relationship to the national Reaganomic debt and the recurrent GOP efforts to de-fund healthcare in the U.S. (including the current GOP debt-ceiling debacle?)

The water cooler isn't calling you, precisely because you persist in posting MAGA fiction about American history and contemporary politics.

No one at the water cooler wanted to continue reading your nightly MAGA fiction installments.

Jimmy Dore did a nice section on Bobby Kennedy's accusation against the CIA today.

BTW, Bobby is not just saying this in interviews, its also on Twitter.

And he makes reference to JFK's diatribe against public censorship, which is I think a (not so) subtle jibe against Biden and the DNC and their failure to hold debates with him and Williamson.

35 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Jimmy Dore did a nice section on Bobby Kennedy's accusation against the CIA today.

BTW, Bobby is not just saying this in interviews, its also on Twitter.

And he makes reference to JFK's diatribe against public censorship, which is I think a (not so) subtle jibe against Biden and the DNC and their failure to hold debates with him and Williamson.

Aaron Mate also filled in for Jimmy and pointed out the embarrassing stance of Biden, being unwilling to debate RFK Jr. 

24 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

Aaron Mate also filled in for Jimmy and pointed out the embarrassing stance of Biden, being unwilling to debate RFK Jr. 

That's not an "embarrassing stance," in the context of American Presidential history, Chris.

When has an incumbent POTUS ever debated a challenger outside of an election year Presidential primary?

11 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

I agree and I disagree, William. You’re correct, I understand the history explained in the Mate video and why Joe doesn’t have to. 

You might argue that there is a huge question mark over Joe Biden’s cognitive ability, which the Republicans will feed on like hungry hyena at the later stages. 

If he can’t debate a guy with a speech condition/oratory disadvantages. How will he survive against a Republican with oratory competency? 

Thats not me picking red/blue sides. I want RFK. I think I am calling out an uncomfortable reality. 

Chris,

Have you ever actually listened to any of Joe Biden's historic speeches or debates-- e.g., his Inaugural Address, State of the Union Addresses, debates with Donald Trump or in the 2020 Democratic primaries?

They have all been quite exemplary.

The reason I mention these is that Donald Trump and the GOP/Fox Fog Machine have been relentlessly disparaging Joe Biden about his age and his alleged senility since 2019-- including the use of deceptively edited videos and monikers like, "Sleepy Joe."  Yet, every major speech he has delivered has been reasonably sharp and on-target-- especially compared to Donald Trump's deranged monologues.

The GOP Fog Machine used the same technique by disparaging Obama for being black, an alleged Muslim, needing a teleprompter to give a speech, etc.  -- and they relentlessly smeared Hillary Clinton for being a woman, physically ill, weak, etc. 

Biden acquitted himself reasonably well in the lengthy, often hostile, 2020 Democratic primary debates, despite being targeted as the presumptive front runner.  My own opinion was that Bernie, Elizabeth Warren, and Buttigieg were most eloquent, but Biden held his own.

Comparing Biden's knowledge of policy issues, and eloquence, with Donald Trump's, is like comparing a statesman with a used car salesman.