The Education Forum

Ferrie, Banister and Cheramie!

6 minutes ago, Vince Palamara said:

Rose Cherami is also spelled "Cheramie." Is Albert Cheramie related? 

This document certainly connect Sergio Arcacha Smith, Banister and Ferrie. Parts of this were known before, no? 

2 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Rose Cherami is also spelled "Cheramie." Is Albert Cheramie related? 

This document certainly connect Sergio Arcacha Smith, Banister and Ferrie. Parts of this were known before, no? 

THIS is what I am wondering.

@James DiEugenio

I do not think so.

But that is interesting about SAS and Ferrie.

Recall, when SAS tried to deny an association with Ferrie, his wife said they used to watch films of the Bay of Pigs together!

Can you imagine how plugged in SAS was to have those.

Edited by James DiEugenio

1 minute ago, James DiEugenio said:

I do not think so.

Recall, when SAS tried to deny an association with Ferrie, his wife said they sued to watch fims of the Bay of Pigs together!

Thanks, Jim!

Albert Cheramie Obituary

Cheramie Albert "Big Al" A. Cheramie, 87, a native and resident of Golden Meadow passed away Feb. 25, 2016. Visitation will take place on Sat. Feb. 27 at Our Lady of Prompt Succor Catholic Church in Golden Meadow, LA from 11:30 am till service time. Funeral Mass will begin at 2:30 pm with burial following in the church cemetery. Mr. Albert is survived by his wife 69 years Mary Cheramie, daughter Deborah Serigny husband Clint, son Marc A. Cheramie wife DeDe, daughter-in-law Polly Cheramie, grandchildren Matthew Pitre, Alex A. Cheramie, Ryan A. Cheramie, Adam A. Cheramie, Whitney Mary Cheramie, great grandchildren Joseph Pitre, Isabella Cheramie, Victoria Pitre, Hannah Cheramie, Alan Cheramie, and Lucy Cheramie, and sister Norma Guilbeau. Mr. Cheramie was preceded in death by parents Philocles and Cecelia C. Cheramie, son Alan Cheramie, grandchildren Russ Pitre, Dana Cheramie, and Beth Cheramie, and brother Gilbert Cheramie. Big Al's passion was worldwide big game hunting and was a past president of the Safari Club International from 1986 to 1988, declared sportsman of the year by Gov. Foster, was a member of OVIS and was a recipient of multiple Conservation and Hunting awards. A past chairman of State Bank and Trust and past chairman of the board for Lafourche Parish Water District. After leaving Texaco, along with his brother-in-law Anthony Guilbeau, co-founded and operated C & G Boats, which has been operating for 60 years. Falgout Funeral Home of Galliano entrusted with arrangements.

Published by The Times-Picayune from Feb. 25 to Feb. 26, 2016.

Ben, you do know "Rose" was Melba Christine Youngblood Marcades.  No mention in either book of an Albert Cheramie I remember.

Rose Cherami: Gathering Fallen Petals: Marcades, Michael, Shaw, J Gary, Kirkpatrick, Norma: 9780578645377: Amazon.com: Books

The Albert in the obituary would have been 34, not a juvenile.

Edited by Ron Bulman

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

I do not think so.

Recall, when SAS tried to deny an association with Ferrie, his wife said they sued to watch fims of the Bay of Pigs together!

You know better than I.  SAS was involved in a meeting in the summer of 1963 with Bannister and supposedly a David Phillips (hard to believe he would use his real name) about a telethon fund raiser for the CRC (?) including Ferrie or (?).  Then SAS moved shortly before or after the assassination to Dallas.  Where John Connally, supposedly shot by Oswald, refused to extradite him for the Garrison trial?  Somewhere in there a map of the Dealy Plaza substructure found in his apartment?

Vince where did you get this?   I just saw a YouTube show talking about this.   Ferrie”s witness stated afterwards as one thing to the affect that “well, we tried.”  A little background please.  

Edited by Cory Santos

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

Ben, you do know "Rose" was Melba Christine Youngblood Marcades.  No mention in either book of an Albert Cheramie I remember.

Rose Cherami: Gathering Fallen Petals: Marcades, Michael, Shaw, J Gary, Kirkpatrick, Norma: 9780578645377: Amazon.com: Books

The Albert in the obituary would have been 34, not a juvenile.

Yes, thanks Ron.

I was posting the obit as an FYI. 

What a dynamite document!

It clearly ties together Bannister, Ferrie and Sergio Smith.

Rock solid proof.

And wasn't G. Wray Gill Carlos Marcello's attorney?

It is rational to consider that since it is documented that Ferrie sexually molested young men in his Civil Air Patrol youth group, that young Lee Oswald could have been one of his victims?

In that group photo of Ferrie with his CAP boys during what looks like a camp out, Lee Oswald looks like one of the youngest, smallest and most vulnerable of the group.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Banister’s defense of Ferrie from this hearing is pretty interesting. And yea I don’t think Albert and Rose were related. 

If I recall, SAS also sent a letter to Eastern Airlines in 1961 pleading for Ferrie to have more time off to assist the Cuban revolution, or something like that. 

These connections have been known and discussed for a long time unless I'm missing something here?

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg Subject Index Files/F Disk/Ferrie David William/Item 85.pdf

https://spartacus-educational.com/JFKarcacha.htm

Beyond that as far as I can tell far Albert is not related or connected to Rose so that is not part of any revelation - until someone proves in such a connection.

Edited by Larry Hancock

Sergio Arcacha-Smith

Sergio Arcacha-Smith

Sergio Arcacha-Smith was born in Havana, Cuba, on 22nd January, 1923. He moved to the United States in 1945 and attended college in Texas. He served as Cuba's counsul in India under Fulgencio Batista. After marrying Shelia Duarte he left the diplomatic service and became Assistant Manager of the Lago Hotel in Caracas, Venezuela (1954-57).

Arcacha-Smith returned to Cuba but after Fidel Castro gained power Arcacha-Smith went into exile. While living in New Orleans he joined with David Ferrie to establish the Cuban Democratic Liberation Front. Arcacha-Smith was also an associate of Guy Banister. Richard Case Nagell told Dick Russell that Arcacha-Smith was "strictly right-wing, into everything so-called anti-Castro".

According to a FBI report Carlos Marcello offered Arcacha-Smith money in return for gambling concessions in post-invasion Cuba. In October, 1961, Arcacha-Smith introduced David Ferrie to Carlos Bringuier.

In January, 1962, Arcacha-Smith was expelled from the Cuban Democratic Liberation Front after being accused of misappropriating funds. Later that year he made a secret trip to Mexico.

Arcacha-Smith moved to Miami in October, 1962. The following month he settled in Tampa. The following year he moved on to Houston where he sold air conditioners. Later he becomes Assistant Manager of the America Hotel in Houston. While in Texas he became friends with Edwin Walker and Haroldson L. Hunt.

In 1967 Jim Garrison was unsuccessful in having Arcacha-Smith extradited from Texas for questioning.

Sergio Arcacha Smith died on 5th July, 2000.