The Education Forum

Biden Administration Denies RFK Jr's Request For Secret Service Protection

Are there any specific criteria for determining whether or not a candidate gets protection i.e. is RFK Jr. really such a unique case? 

Still though, he’s a Kennedy ffs, and it’s not like his campaign is going to be like Bob Schmo of West Virginia running for President on a dare. He’s a legit candidate, and I can’t imagine any reasonable excuse for denying SS protection. 

31 minutes ago, Matthew Koch said:

Under the circumstances and with the history of violent attacks against his 

family members, they say no ?

They need to can Mayorkas. First the border mess and now this. 

He is the leading Democratic contender, and they cannot tell him in advance?

1 hour ago, Matt Allison said:

Secret Service protection is given to candidates 120 days before an election. If RFK Jr. is still in the race 120 days before the first primary, he'll receive SS protection.

This belongs in the political discussions forum.

tHiS bElOnGs iN tHe pOlItIcAl dIsCuSsIoNs fOrUm.. 

Matt Allison also claimed that candidates get Secret Service Protection 120 Days out, but I found this NBC News article that says that Donald Trump got Secret Service Protection over a year before the election which is more than 120 Days before.. care you share where your information comes from?

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/meetthepressblog/government-decides-presidential-candidates-get-secret-service-rcna96926

Then-candidate Donald Trump received Secret Service protectionalmost one year prior to the 2016 general election, after being approved in 2015, along with fellow GOP contender Ben Carson, in the lead-up to the Iowa caucuses. In 2020, now-President Joe Biden said that candidates should receive protection earlier than normal, after a protester rushed the stage at an event and his wife ran toward them in defense of her husband...

Barack Obama received Secret Service protection in May 2007 — an “unusually early step,” the New York Times noted, amid broader concerns about Obama’s safety as he campaigned to be the nation’s first Black president.

Nice one Mr. Koch.

I guess some people want to shove this under the rug.

It is indeed disgusting - especially in view of what happened to RFK Jr's father.

Who mods the mods?

The mods mod comments on the mods. Comments on the mods have been shoved into EF-JFKA Siberia. 

I have said we need the full political spectrum represented on the mods. 

The appearance of fairness is as necessary as actual fairness. 

Yes, minimum civility and sanity requires Secret Service protection for RFK Jr., now denied by President Biden 

You can't make this stuff up. 

It seems kind of odd that an incumbent President would be in charge of which challengers get Secret Service protection.

Talk about a conflict of interest!

As for the mods moving this thread, it seems quite appropriate, Ben.

It's not about the JFK assassination.

7 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

It seems kind of odd that an incumbent President would be in charge of which challengers get Secret Service protection.

Talk about a conflict of interest!

As for the mods moving this thread, it seems quite appropriate, Ben.

It's not about the JFK assassination.

Nice dodge there, William.

I refer your false dichotomy in suggesting that the security stripping from RFK Jr is exclusively a systems problem rather than both that and an egregious instance of Joe Biden’s murderous turpitude.

Is there any crime committed by the mainstream Democratic Party to which you slavishly adhere that you will not condone?

Edited by John Cotter

2 hours ago, John Cotter said:

Nice dodge there, William.

I refer your false dichotomy in suggesting that the security stripping from RFK Jr is exclusively a systems problem rather than both that and an egregious instance of Joe Biden’s murderous turpitude.

Is there any crime committed by the mainstream Democratic Party to which you slavishly adhere that you will not condone?

Still listening to your little green friends, eh, John?

"Joe Biden's murderous turpitude?"  Huh?

Your bizarre concepts about U.S. politics never cease to amuse. 🤥