The Education Forum

Who would you most like to see debate?

Cory Santos

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, with no qualification as to members only I think I'd go with Jim DiEugenio vs Dale Meyers.  I might even pay a nominal fee.  It could go on for hours and I think it would be informative and entertaining.

Posner I would love to debate in almost any milieu.

I offered him the stage at UCLA, plus all the admission fees and any broadcast fees.

Nope.

The back and forth between Mark Lane and William F. Buckley on Buckley's TV show "Firing Line" was a classic.

That fascinating high plane intellectual jousting exchange took place way back in 1966.

Lane won the match...according to the audience's reaction imo.

And Buckley himself admitted Lane was such a formidable debate opponent to the degree that he ( Buckley ) would be served well if Lane was his legal representative in such matters.

18 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

The back and forth between Mark Lane and William F. Buckley on Buckley's TV show "Firing Line" was a classic.

That fascinating high plane intellectual jousting exchange took place way back in 1966.

And Buckley himself admitted Lane was such a formidable debate opponent to the degree that he ( Buckley ) would be served well if Lane was his legal representative in such matters.

Yes, Lane was pretty sharp. When Posner got into legal trouble he hired...Mark Lane, of all people. 

7 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

When Posner got into legal trouble he hired...Mark Lane, of all people. 

What?

True?

When, where, for what matters?

I can't believe it.

1 hour ago, Joe Bauer said:

Oh man,seems like Lane would say something good and then light his pipe.It probably didn't happen like that,but Lane sure did light his pipe alot.

Edited by Michael Crane