The Education Forum

New John Newman Interview

David Boylan

This was probably off a bounce from his appearance on Daniel Jones.

Glad I helped him on that one.

6 hours ago, David Boylan said:

John Newman goes into detail about James McCord. It seems McCord helped Oswald get his visa to the Soviet Union!

James McCord. Egads. 

I wonder how many presidents the CIA-Deep State has deposed since JFK. 

If you think conspiracy theorists are nuts...wait 'till you learn the reality. 

Love and respect John but assassination researchers, especially the good ones, really need to follow best PR practices for themselves and to help us get the govt to give up the goods.

You don’t reveal this news in the middle of a podcast. You go direct to The NY Times and provide all the receipts.

That would not have worked in the past but now it will. Pete Cook and other MSM reporters appear ready to cover breaking news that furthers the story that the WR’s conclusions aren’t worth a hill of beans.  Take advantage of it.

Edited by Michaleen Kilroy

2 minutes ago, Michaleen Kilroy said:

Love and respect John but assassination researchers, especially the good ones, really need to follow best PR practices for themselves and to help us get the govt to give up the goods.

You don’t reveal this news in the middle of a podcast. You go direct to The NY Times and provide all the receipts.

That would not have worked in the past but now it will. Pete Cook and other MSM reporters appears ready to cover breaking news that furthers the story that the WR’s conclusions aren’t worth a hill of beans.  Take advantage of it.

Ditto.

A well-prepared, brief press release, thoroughly back up with research.  Perhaps give a major outlet an exclusive if they agree to certain terms and conditions. 

The standard histories of Watergate portray McCord as a bungling technical surveillance technician,but he worked with CIA's Security Research Staff and is named in one document as being involved in an operation against the FPCC. As James DiEugenio noted at the time, there was no curiosity shown by the mainstream media about him upon his death.

Wow David, thanks.  Bingo, the light just went on a 1:05.  Oswald was selected to go to Russia because of his affiliation with the U2 as a radar operator, because of the whole Sollie U2 affair.  Then McCord was his handler getting him into the USSR.  

Edited by Ron Bulman

4 hours ago, Robin Finn said:

The standard histories of Watergate portray McCord as a bungling technical surveillance technician,but he worked with CIA's Security Research Staff and is named in one document as being involved in an operation against the FPCC. As James DiEugenio noted at the time, there was no curiosity shown by the mainstream media about him upon his death.

That last part is an understatement Robin.

Until we reported it at K and K, there was nothing.  And he had been dead almost two years.

Fascinating video, especially about Oswald being  chosen to fake defect to the Soviet Union due to his U2 experience (though that seems a bit obvious in retrospect), and James McCord being Oswald's handler (this one being totally unexpected even in retrospect).

But it's sad to see that John Newman is way off on what Mexico City was all about. For one, he thinks Oswald actually was in the Cuban consulate. I can't imagine what his explanation is for why there were no surveillance photos of him. But I'll keep my mind open.

Because of this, Newman loses some credibility in my mind. I wonder if he is really right about Bruce Solie being Popov's mole, and James McCord being Oswald's defection handler.

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

But it's sad to see that John Newman is way off on what Mexico City was all about. For one, he thinks Oswald actually was in the Cuban consulate. I can't imagine what his explanation is for why there were no surveillance photos of him. But I'll keep my mind open.

You think just because there aren't surveillance photos of Oswald at the Cuban consulate that Oswald wasn't there? Guess that means you're intentionally ignoring the mountain of evidence proving he was.

The wilderness of mirrors, such an apt expression. Question - if you were JJ Angleton and William Harvey proved to you that Kim Philby was working for the Soviets, which he did, what would you do? I always thought that Angleton was either a fool, or he was a traitor. I never considered a third possibility, which is that he parlayed that knowledge in some way. What sense does it make that William Harvey and others would identify Philby as part of what later became known as the Cambridge 5, and then watch CIA, Angleton and presumably others as well, squelch their true identification? The ONLY thing that makes sense is that Philby was left in place as long as possible in order to use him. 
I put this on the current thread because I don’t think that travel records on McCord and Solie are enough to convict them of disloyalty. Angleton may have been running them, while the Soviets believed otherwise. 
Newman says he doesn’t care if Oswald was a shooter at Dealey Plaza or not. But if he is going to go on record as saying McCord was working for the Soviets AND running Oswald he needs to follow these ‘facts’ to their conclusions. 

Edited by Paul Brancato

33 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

The wilderness of mirrors, such an apt expression. Question - if you were JJ Angleton and William Harvey proved to you that Kim Philby was working for the Soviets, which he did, what would you do? I always thought that Angleton was either a fool, or he was a traitor. I never considered a third possibility, which is that he parlayed that knowledge in some way. What sense does it make that William Harvey and others would identify Philby as part of what later became known as the Cambridge 5, and then watch CIA, Angleton and presumably others as well, squelch their true identification? The ONLY thing that makes sense is that Philby was left in place as long as possible in order to use him. 
I put this on the current thread because I don’t think that travel records on McCord and Solie are enough to convict them of disloyalty. Angleton may have been running them, while the Soviets believed otherwise. 
Newman says he doesn’t care if Oswald was a shooter at Dealey Plaza or not. But if he is going to go on record as saying McCord was working for the Soviets AND running Oswald he needs to follow these ‘facts’ to their conclusions. 

I agree with your sentiments.

It's too bad the Deep State foiled true investigations for so long (with a complicit media) that relevant actors are dead now.  

I am uncomfortable with "Solie was a Kremlin asset," given Solie is not here to defend his record, or provide exculpatory evidence. McCord too. 

I have not read Newman's book, as I live offshore. 

Does Newman provide any corroborating evidence from Russian records? He does not mention any. 

Have any experts on Russian intel services come forward and said they have confirmed Solie and McCord as assets? 

This is not to say Newman is wrong. He is obviously deeply versed in the topic, and I am only a reader in this matter. 

I am keeping an open mind. 

Newman appears convinced LHO was a CIA asset, and placed into Dallas for the JFKA as the patsy. That seems right to me.