The Education Forum

Billy Lovelady is NOT leaning over (much) in Altgens 6.

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

BTW, I noticed that you had to widen the blackness of Tie Man's suit coat next to Lovelady's collar-line, in order to draw in (with red) Lovelady's shoulder. That's not fair IMO.

No, I did not change any blackness of anything to accomplish a certain goal. I think I spent too much time already with your thread, and I am off.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Andrej Stancak said:

Do you mean "front" from Altgens perspective or from the front to the doorway? Which figure should be hidden?

What I mean is that I want to see Lovelady, his whole body, as if I was standing straight out from the entryway. As if we were looking at each other face-to-face.

Thanks Chris D., Sandy, and Andrej...

Sandy, thanks for the interpretation of Chris' gifs.  I see it now, especially in light of your and Andrej's postulation of a face behind Lovelady.

Andrej, please don't bail out.  Your thoughts and work are very much appreciated.  Your Sketchup model is invaluable.

6 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Well, it is in fact wider. And you had he means to make them equal but didn't.

Of course, I understand that that could have happened been by accident.

Sandy:

there may be minor, insignificant mismatches in some tiny lines between the original Altgens6 and my model. However, implying intention to manipulate anything by "blackening" or by lack of attention to detail offends me; I spent five years  studying this picture, learning techniques of 3D modelling, and meticuously reconstructing the doorway and every single person in it. This costly effort was spent to get to the bottom of this doorway photograph and the whole saga of Lovelady-Oswald misunderstanding. 

Below is a study picture which I did not include in my video and which shows the original high-resolution Altgens6 in (A) and the progressively strengthening overlays of the original picture with my model. Please have a look and tell me what have I blackened and what was the reason you think I had for doing this.

altgens_study_170719_resized.jpg?resize=

Here is a view of Altgens doorway from a perspective allowing you to view Lovelady's hands. 

lovelady_front.jpg?resize=900,900

Of course, my decision to leave this thread holds; I am responding not to allow you or anyone else to question my work or my resilience to criticism. I did enough to shed light on the possibility of Jones's arm being extended up to Lovelady's shoulder. 

Late edit:

Panels A and D magnified for better viewing:

lovelady_sectionsad_resized-1.jpg

Edited by Andrej Stancak

Yes, he ‘appears’ to be holding his crotch. I wasn’t allowed that one earlier.

1 hour ago, Paul Bacon said:

Andrej, please don't bail out.  Your thoughts and work are very much appreciated.  Your Sketchup model is invaluable.

I've been one of Andrej's biggest supporters over the years. But sometimes he gets something wrong and won't listen to reason. (I'm not talking about reasoning from me.... this is the first time I've criticized his work. I'm talking about others who have questioned his work, reasonably so IMO, and got nowhere with him.)

Regardless, I shouldn't have questioned his integrity. My apologies, Andrej.

28 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

It appears that Andrej has deleted the links to his model images. The only ones I can see now are the ones I viewed earlier.... which is because they are saved in my browser's cache.

Or maybe his server is down. I hope so , I'd like to see them.

Sandy:

the images posted today were uploaded for the first time via Google Photo where I store my other photographs. The images are not displayed in my posts, it seems, however, if you click on an image link, it will open a black window with a little icon in the middle of black area; if you then click on that small icon, the full image will pop up.

I would be grateful if you could open the images this way and let me know, and of course, I will find a different way of displaying them if Google Photo does not work. However, my links from wordpress.com produce images in Forum windows that are too large and need to be truncated.

15 minutes ago, Andrej Stancak said:

Sandy:

the images posted today were uploaded for the first time via Google Photo where I store my other photographs. The images are not displayed in my posts, it seems, however, if you click on an image link, it will open a black window with a little icon in the middle of black area; if you then click on that small icon, the full image will pop up.

I would be grateful if you could open the images this way and let me know, and of course, I will find a different way of displaying them if Google Photo does not work. However, my links from wordpress.com produce images in Forum windows that are too large and need to be truncated.

Andrej,

Thank you.

When I click on any of the links, the only thing I see is a symbol that means "broken."

I even tried on a different browser on a different computer, and I get the same.

Here's the solution: Get a Google Blogger account. Post links to the photos you want on a Blogger page. The photos will appear there, guaranteed. Then get the image URLs from the Blogger page. Those URLs will work and you will be one happy camper!

I wrote that up in my Forum Tips  & Tricks page a couple years ago.

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Andrej,

Thank you.

When I click on any of the links, the only thing I see is a symbol that means "broken."

I even tried on a different browser on a different computer, and I get the same.

Here's the solution: Get a Google Blogger account. Post links to the photos you want on a Blogger page. The photos will appear there, guaranteed. Then get the image URLs from the Blogger page. Those URLs will work and you will be one happy camper!

I wrote that up in my Forum Tips  & Tricks page a couple years ago.

Thanks, Sandy. Your account on posting picture was useful but my Google links still do not work properly, so I revert back to my Wordpress library. I hope the pictures can now be viewed.

5 hours ago, Paul Bacon said:

Sandy, thanks for the interpretation of Chris' gifs.  I see it now, especially in light of your and Andrej's postulation of a face behind Lovelady.

What is the angle difference between the two faces in relationship to Altgens and does the angled difference dictate that Lovelady's chin/cheek/jaw line should block out more of the white(shirt)area than it is, just as she does.

S82vm.gif

31 minutes ago, Chris Davidson said:

What is the angle difference between the two faces in relationship to Altgens and does the angled difference dictate that Lovelady's chin/cheek/jaw line should block out more of the white(shirt)area than it is, just as she does.

S82vm.gif

I don't know the answer to that. But what I do get from this gif is that Lovelady's head isn't turned to his left as much as the lady's head is.