The Education Forum

Big claims in new book

Cory Santos

Gerry, the book you linked is Volume 4 alone, which is basically an index with a few extra bits and pieces. The meat of the text is in the first three volumes.

Some guy is selling all four volumes here, for a little over $7000 US, if you figure out the exchange rate.

https://www.iberlibro.com/primera-edicion/Assassination-America-Kennedy-Coup-Etat-Deaths/31456636573/bd

If the books are really going for that much I'll give them another read then exchange the volumes for the cash and take a three month vacation in some tropical climate with a nice beach somewhere.

Bill Davy reviewed the books 17 years ago, see here. He even mentions book scalpers.

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-reviews/flammonde-paris-assassination-of-america-the-kennedy-coups-d-etat

If Fetter solves the case with his new one he might make more bucks by just printing 40 copies and making everyone on this board pay through the nose for it.

Edited by Anthony Thorne

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Anthony Thorne said:

Yeah, there's a good number of illustrations scattered through Flammonde's books, including some rare ones, but many of the pics aren't of great quality. 

Flammonde's work was actually a multi volume set, pictured below (on my kitchen table just now). One volume was an expanded reprint of an earlier book he'd done on the Garrison case years before, and the rest were new. 

I had a funny experience ordering it in 2008. Paris had nearly sold out, and gave me the address for ordering. Paris then sent me emails reminding me there were 20 copies left, 15 copies left, 10 copies left etc, while we both waited for my cheque to show up. Then at the last minute (from memory) he sent me a reminder email which suggested that he'd mistakenly given me the wrong address, and so it looked like my cheque would likely never show up in time. The books weren't cheap. I bit my tongue for an evening, rather than saying anything I possibly shouldn't. The next morning I checked my email, and Paris had written "Huzzah! Your cheque has arrived!". He then signed a card so I could pop signatures into each edition, and I received them all a week or two later.

PARIS.jpg

Thanks. Can you post a few samples of the illustrations? It might be all some on here get to see of these books considering the rarity and price of them. I'm guessing they are not available on any online libraries.

3 minutes ago, Anthony Thorne said:

For sure. I'll do a dedicated thread in the coming days. Not this minute as our water is off (with repair trucks up the street, council guys standing around, and me off to the supermarket to grab some drinks), but soon.

Cool

Post on another forum from 2017 - 

I have not read Twyman's book. However, for over twenty-five years I was a researcher/writer/editor for David Lifton, author of BEST EVIDENCE. I and another Lifton researcher, Sean Fetter, were two of Lifton's main researchers. Sean is writing multiple books on this case. I am privy to some of his research and he has really done his homework.

Who was that from Anthony?

A Lifton researcher for 25 years?

It's from a Goodreads discussion from Peter someone under a discussion or review of Twyman's BLOODY TREASON.

https://www.goodreads.com/Review/706932614/comments?subject=706932614

The person who posted it doesn't identify themselves fully, and their extended post at the link above wanders around a bit and bumps into territory that potentially isn't in Fetter's book, so I only posted the above chunk of it. Other than what I've posted so far in this thread, there's little else online about Fetter and anything he's done with JFK research, so I'm curious to see how things unfold over the next week or so.

On 11/9/2023 at 6:24 AM, Gerry Down said:

I wonder if this incident will form any part of this new book:

Gerry,

Great question - as I believe there is "lots more to see" - re Vinson's story.

Certainly, the C-54 could've easily been CIA, since the agency's "airline", Air America, was covertly owned and operated by it from 1950 to 1976.  During my tour at Tan Son Nhut Air Base (TSNAB), South Vietnam, I served in a reconnaissance wing command post situated on the flight line.

At the time TSNAB was said to be the world's busiest "airport".  Just one example; one early morning, the pilot of one of the wing's RF-101s radioed in that his takeoff would be significantly delayed.  When I queried, "Why?", he responded, "Be advised, I am number 47 in line to be cleared for take-off; nuff said.

Anyway, Air America aircraft/flights were so numerous, we GIs referred to the conflict as, "The CIA's War."

More than likely, the "clerk" who Vinson referred to was a dispatcher in the Andrews AFB, MD Base Operations.  Having served in the capacity at Charleston AFB, SC, prior to my Vietnam tour, his story rings true.

If the C-54 was on a routine flight, i.e., non-covert flight to Colorado, there would be no reason to deny a GI boarding so he could return to his Ent AFB, Colorado Springs unit.

And it is true, that very typically (at least in the U. S. Air Force), the aircraft's crew chief and who also often doubled as the flight engineer would be on board.  Anyone's guess as to why there was not one on that flight, is as good as any. 

I find it curious that the pilots did not say a word to Vinson; having flown as a passenger on a significant number of military aircraft, there is very typically, in the least, a "Welcome aboard, Sarge" from the pilots or some such.

The alleged diversion to the Dallas, TX area after the assassination is also curious.  One would think that if the two guys dressed in beige overalls, who boarded at the dirt strip were associated with the shooting, that there would've be a prearranged flight for them - not one that was diverted to them.  Unless, something went awry with their original escape plan.

The two's complete silence upon boarding and during the flight is also quite unusual; nary even a curt, "Hey, how's in going"?, to Vinson.

I am wondering if the two could've come into play as part of Alan Ford's thread, "The Floor-Laying Crew"?

Most inquisitive of Vinson's story is his recruitment into the CIA, he declining, and then being summarily assigned to the CIA in 1965, when he had only 18 months left on his enlistment before retiring. 

That was quite a departure from the way such "special assignments" (SAs) were processed, back in the day.  Usually, candidates would be informed by the base personnel office that such a SA was available and that the person's records indicated that he/she was eligible.

Then HE/SHE could apply and the "hiring agency" would review the application.  There would be a three years minimum commitment should he/she be accepted.  

Me thinks that the way Vinson's SA was processed was to ensure his secrecy for perpetuity (which of course, was eventually waived).

Complete access to Vinson's military personnel would be quite interesting - and maybe very revelatory.  

We have discussed the Vinson story here many times and I tried for some four  years to pursue it with him directly, engaging with his lawyer many times but being refused access to Vinson himself - his lawyer had introduced the subject by showing up at a Lancer conference and asking for special permission to present something explosive; we allowed him to do that at a scheduled lunch break - afterwards he literally sprinted for the door and out the hotel with me trying to catch him.  I did take a lot of notes though, many of which conflicted with certain elements of the story  that jelled in his book.

I investigated his full story extensively and there are a ton of holes in it, when his book came out I again requested via the lawyer to discuss it and was refused once again.  In line with an invitation in his book I prepared a list of questions and issues and mailed it to him and received no response.

There should be threads on this story here here but I'll just leave it to the point that I think he was sincere but mistaken on many aspects - but unwilling to actually have a dialog on the book and that overall it is yet one more diversion from actual events (and if anybody thinks you could land that aircraft on that riverbed in downtown Dallas right after the presidential assassination when people were so sensitive they were calling in complaints about a single engine prop aircraft at Red Bird revving its engine and have nobody notice, report on it I believe that would be a mistake).

I did a Google search for the publisher of Fetter's book, Arlington Press, described in the press release as “a leading American publisher.”

There’s one in New York City. It’s described as a “Provider of printing services. The company prints pharmaceutical leaflets, pressure-sensitive labels and folding cartons. “ I clicked on a link to its website, and it goes to a page that says the domain is for sale.

And there’s one in Brooklyn. It’s “categorized under Printing Brokers” and has an employee staff of 1 to 4. There’s a street address and phone number but no website listed.

And this is a leading American publisher?

Oh, there’s also an Arlington Press that’s a weekly newspaper in Arlngton, Massachusetts.

1 hour ago, Larry Hancock said:

(and if anybody thinks you could land that aircraft on that riverbed in downtown Dallas right after the presidential assassination when people were so sensitive they were calling in complaints about a single engine prop aircraft at Red Bird revving its engine and have nobody notice, report on it I believe that would be a mistake).

My conviction on the Vinson story exactly.

2 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

I did a Google search for the publisher of Fetter's book, Arlington Press, described in the press release as “a leading American publisher.”

There’s one in New York City. It’s described as a “Provider of printing services. The company prints pharmaceutical leaflets, pressure-sensitive labels and folding cartons. “ I clicked on a link to its website, and it goes to a page that says the domain is for sale.

And there’s one in Brooklyn. It’s “categorized under Printing Brokers” and has an employee staff of 1 to 4. There’s a street address and phone number but no website listed.

And this is a leading American publisher?

Oh, there’s also an Arlington Press that’s a weekly newspaper in Arlngton, Massachusetts.

so its self-published?

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

so its self-published?

If it is, the press release is flat-out lying. If it isn't, it's still lying by calling it "a leading American publisher." 

That seems to be promotional hype. It looks like Arlington Press is his own publishing outfit, and I'm guessing he doesn't expect people to mistake it for one of the bigger outfits given that they have no other books out that I can see and the website has nearly no detail on it.

I'll check next week but there's a chance the volume will be a self printed Amazon Kindle edition, like John Newman's are, and like a lot of other self published JFK books. If he's printing them independently and then putting them on Amazon, it seems like a lot of additional work to get the same result.