The Education Forum

I think this is the John Orr project

It looks like its  at some stage of completion.

I wonder if Larry will inform us at what stage that is?

https://knottlab.com/blog/knott-laboratory-presents-digital-reconstruction-and-findings-on-the-assassination-of-president-john-f-kennedy/

Edited by James DiEugenio

It is corrected Jean, thanks.

Edited by James DiEugenio

3 hours ago, Miles Massicotte said:

This looks like a really well done reconstruction from what I can tell, certainly gives Myers's schlock a run for its money. In the video linked, they seem to draw a red trajectory line indicating the path a bullet would have taken to make Connally's injuries. I wonder if they will show us where it traces back to. 

I think it almost has to be the Dal-Tex building, second floor?  The bullet going through Connally's arm pit then out by his right nipple indicates a lower trajectory than from the 6th floor of the TSBD.

A very impressive piece of work. I wonder if this advanced refutation of the single bullet theory will make any impact on main stream media or law enforcement. There seems to be a large gap between evidence that had been gathered by independent researchers over the years and the legal state of the case which remain the same from the day Lee Oswald was killed.

(I see resemblance between Knott Lab's work and my digital reconstruction of the Depository doorway in using the original photographs as templates which a 3D model must match accurately. Any models not tested for goodness of fit with original image (s) have little value researchwise.)

Interesting that they used a point cloud for the background model. I didn’t realize they were 3D scanning Dealey Plaza.

I’ve done some 3D scanning, and it’s definitely very accurate if you do it right, so I’m sure their background model is spot on. 

The issue I think is that the limo and human models are just photogrammetry using the Zapruder film; so basically Dale Myers, and a few things don’t look particularly accurate. They have JFK way over on the edge of the car with his arm hanging over, shots at Z210 and Z225 which seems like an odd choice of frames for 2023, etc. etc. 

One thing I’m surprised no one has commented on is it looks like they have the back wound positioned below the shoulder line and coming right out of the official exit on JFK’s neck. In that sense their model seems to support the SBT more than refute it.