The Education Forum

Sixty Reasons for 60 years

My maternal grandfather was a Glasgow-born McPherson.  I spent a week in ‘94 chauffeuring my Mom and my Sister around the The Old Country.  I found the Scottish people so relentlessly polite I needed a tube clerk in London to treat me like an idiot so I could feel back on terra firma.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

True.  When my wife and I toured Scotland about 30 years ago, we were able to understand most of the Scots, except for the people in Glasgow.

My grandparents and many residents of my hometown when I was a kid were all born in Ayrshire.

I can understand the Glaswegians after a day or 2 there.  

Worked on a project there for about half a year - great place.  The museum is incredible.

12 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

They speak English in Edinburgh.

Glasgow?  Not so much...

Well, Johnny happens to be an ardent supporter of Glasgow Celtic, so maybe that's the city of his birth, he just happens to live and work in Edinburgh.

15 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Back to business:  Johnny Cairns cited the Actual Physical Evidence in the JFKA twice in “60 Reasons.”

Did he cite the bullet holes in the clothes in his Lancer presentation?

Or did Paul Bleau?

I take it the answer is No.

The last time the Actual Genuine Physical Evidence in the JFKA was cited at a November Conference was 1998, when E.  Martin Schotz told COPA he found the bullet defects in the clothes comparable in evidentiary value to the entire 26 WC volumes.

https://ratical.org/ratville/JFK/FalseMystery/COPA1998EMS.html

Also, he tore ‘em a new one.

https://ratical.org/ratville/////JFK/FalseMystery/COPA1998EMSapp.html

How COPA’s Cooperation With The Government Facilitates The Cover-Up with a Case Example

Edited by Cliff Varnell

7 hours ago, Bill Fite said:

My grandparents and many residents of my hometown when I was a kid were all born in Ayrshire.

I can understand the Glaswegians after a day or 2 there.  

Worked on a project there for about half a year - great place.  The museum is incredible.

Beautiful place.  I travelled through Ayrshire by train (from Stranraer) and spent a night in Ayr in 1990-- the home town of Robert Burns.

I was also impressed with Glasgow, which was Euro City of the year when I visited.

On 12/8/2023 at 9:26 AM, W. Niederhut said:

Beautiful place.  I travelled through Ayrshire by train (from Stranraer) and spent a night in Ayr in 1990-- the home town of Robert Burns.

I was also impressed with Glasgow, which was Euro City of the year when I visited.

Since we're off topic here.  I've wanted to go to Scottland for years.  My surname originates from the Highlands per research my dad did.  Herders of cattle, a tiny spot on the map I can't remember the name of at the moment, absolutely nothing there anymore.  Pictures of the area are beautiful.  Maybe part of why I love the Rocky Mountains.  Mountains in my blood and youth.  Turns out we do have our own Tartan.