The Education Forum

Hugh Aynesworth passing.

Pete Mellor

4 minutes ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

Unfortunately, this was very predictable. Anytime anyone who supported aspects of the "Oswald-did-it" mindset passes on, we see this here at EF. It is especially uncalled for coming from an individual who is supposed to be a "moderator" and as such represents the forum. 

I have no respect for the man.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just another suspicious circumstance regards Hugh Aynesworth.

One of 100?

Aynesworth describes his distaste for Jack Ruby personally. Calls him a bully.

Describes an incident he witnessed where Jack Ruby roughed up a customer who had smuggled his own beer into the Vegas club. Slammed his hidden bottle with a Billy club.

Yet, Aynesworth claimed he formed a close bond with the rest of Ruby's family ?

Liked them. Good people.

So close, they invited him to see Jack's dead body in the mortuary.

HA bragged that all the other press persons who were clamoring to get in to take pictures of Ruby's casket were jealous of his access to it and his friendship with the Ruby family.

This closeness and friendship with and respect for the Ruby clan is beyond creepy imo.

It just seems so incongruous it is just ... nonsensical.

Seth Kantor was the journalistic integrity antithesis to Hugh Aynesworth.

Edited by Joe Bauer

2 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Robert, I was always proud of you for your brave effort to confront Aynesworth with the incredibly important question you presented him with in that public interview venue.

When the moderator tried to cut you off and many of the audience jeered and shouted and laughed derisively at you to embarrass you and shut you up...you stood your ground and finished the question. 

The reaction of that crowd was a perfect example of official public brainwashing.

They are told who to hero-worship. And they are encouraged to attack with jeering ridicule anyone who presents a reality different from the one they have been inculcated with. IMO anyways.

These praise fests interviews of HA were set up to continue the HA as the ultimate JFKA truth journalist hero image myth.

HA's rambling response to your question actually incriminates him to a laughable degree!

HA "admits" he met with Moore!

Yet feigning his knowledge of him and the CIA even having a Dallas office?

Said his office door didn't even have a name plate?

He admitted Moore asked him to report back with anything suspicious he may see in a return trip to Cuba?

HA says he went into Cuba just before the Bay Of Pigs? 

How is this aerospace editor getting access into hot spot Cuba when doing so was so difficult for 99% of any other Americans? And why? What reason did he give for that first visit? To discuss the cost of coffee beans? HA doesn't say.

And of course our intel agencies would be aware of his visit.

And why want to go back to Cuba when things got even hotter in 1963?

He's shooting baskets on a basketball court outside of Havana one day when Castro just happens to pull up, gets out of his jeep and puts on his high-top Adidas and says through a burley machine gun toting bodyguard/interpreter... let's see what you got mi amigo?

He's looking for an exclusive interview with Castro? This aerospace reporter?

HA's access into Cuba is ridiculously intel arranged.

Aynesworth wanted to interview Castro  - the year was  1962, probably just before the Cuban Missile Crisis. Hugh's Cuban minder took him to a basketball court, then Castro shows up in a Jeep and wearing boots. Aynesworth and Castro play a pick-up game of basketball as Hugh angles to get an official interview with Castro.

Castro leaves the court and ultimately does not grant Aynesworth the interview he was looking for.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2007/jul/08/hugh-grant-aynesworth-20070708/

Aynesworth had met Kennedy in a mildly odd setting in 1960, doing a campaign interview while the over-scheduled Democratic presidential candidate took a shower in a Denver hotel room.

In 1962, he interviewed Lyndon B. Johnson in the wake of the Cuban missile crisis while the exhausted vice president climbed in and out of bed in his pajamas.

That same year, he shot baskets with Fidel Castro outside a Havana hotel. As a basketball player, the Cuban dictator "was a good shot but couldn't run very fast in his combat boots," he says. "He was very friendly and sweated a lot."

UNQUOTE

TP: Unfortunately, this was very predictable. Anytime anyone who supported aspects of the "Oswald-did-it" mindset passes on, we see this here at EF. 

Not true. Two examples being Jennings and Bradlee.  Jennings produced and hosted a horrendous special in 2003 of which Hugh was a guest on.  That show reached more people in one night than Hugh probably reached in in his career.  I don't recall this happening here when Jennings died.

Same with Bradlee.  Ben supported the official story his entire career at the Post. I don't recall this kind of reaction to his death.  I might be wrong, but please prove it to me.

It was not his support of the Commission that made Hugh so objectionable.  It was the things he did to support it that were reprehensible. Even people in the profession, as Bill Davy pointed out, had qualms about some of the thing he did in New Orleans.  But this malignancy began way before Garrison.  Hugh insisted that he review new books on the JFK case for  the DMN  critical of the Commission. And the editors allowed him to do it.  What?

Take a look at the caper he pulled with the Oswald diary.  You have no objection of what he and Alexander did with that?

He actually warned the Commission in public to come up with an Oswald did it verdict, portraying Oswald as a murderous psycho, or else.  You have no objection to that?

Did Hugh convince Marina to tell the Nixon story in order to further the murderer profile, a pile of baloney which not even the Commission believed? Looks that way.

In his role as an FBI informant, Hugh began informing about the Life magazine inquiry into the case. He also told the FBI that Mark Lane was a homosexual and had to drop his political career over this issue.  But, like the fink he was, he did not want the FBI to reveal he was the source for this information.

I could go on and on, and I will in my obit, but anyone who can say that somehow Hugh should be out of bounds for  criticism, that person does not know what this guy did, or he condones it.  And I do not know what is worse.

Edited by James DiEugenio

13 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Hugh Aynesworth BIH.

4 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

I have no respect for the man [Hugh Aynesworth].

And that means, according to you, that Hugh should Burn In Hell, is that it Sandy?

What a ridiculous over-the-top emotion. You should be ashamed of posting such garbage on this forum. (And you, an "admin"/moderator yet. It's disgusting.)

BTW / FWIW,

Mr. Aynesworth was always very nice and pleasant and helpful in the few conversations I had with him via e-mail.

RIP.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Aynesworth

Edited by David Von Pein

8 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

EF-Larsen-12-26-23.png

And that means, according to you, that Hugh should Burn In Hell, is that it Sandy?

What a ridiculous over-the-top emotion. You should be ashamed of posting such garbage on this forum. (And you, an "admin"/moderator yet. It's disgusting.)

Mr. Aynesworth was always very nice and pleasant and helpful in the few conversations I had with him via e-mail and on the Internet.

RIP.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Aynesworth

There is a female Texas-based, longtime JFK assassination researcher who has told me the story multiple times of Hugh Aynesworth wanting to show her a blackmail sex tape of Marina Oswald.

Hugh Aynesworth used to brag that he had had sex with Marina Oswald and this was probably occurring in early, 1964.

On 12/26/2023 at 6:50 PM, Robert Morrow said:

Hugh Aynesworth used to brag that he had had sex with Marina Oswald and this was probably occurring in early, 1964.

Was HA capable of going all the way with Marina? And of encouraging it to happen?

I believe he was.

He said in one of the taped interviews above he was quite the bachelor until he settled down with his wife. Claimed he visited Eva Grant and Jack Ruby's Vegas Club while single.

He obviously liked the ladies. He knew of all the strip joints in town. My guess he was in the beer slurring shouting, runway pounding, ankle grabbing crowd more than once ogling the likes of Jada, Joy Dale, Kathy Kay, etc.

Marina was simply gorgeous. Beautiful face. Radiant blue eyes. Wonderful feminine figure. Only 22 years old.

We know from many testimonies Marina was a very sexually inclined young woman herself. For years frustrated with Lee's lack of interest. Starving for more affection.

I sense Aynesworth was as energetic, aggressive and opportunistic in his dating life as he was in his professional life.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to hear the HA/Marina hook-up story were true.

The occasional mention of a more than platonic relationship between Marina and Ruth Paine is a story that I also can't easily dismiss.

Ruth Paine's social life after Michael appears to be one of very little to no interest in men at all. For 60 years?

However, her affection for Marina was quite strong. In my opinion even more than just a concerned Quaker do-gooder.

I recently read where in one letter to Marina, Ruth flat out said to her "I love you Marina."

Those are powerful words to say to someone you are just friends with.

When a woman says those three words "directly" to another woman ( I love you ) it doesn't sound out-of-place if the woman saying this is a mother, sister, other relative such as grandmother, loving aunt etc.

However, they're just too emotionally intimate for a friend to say them imo.

Ruth was enamored with Marina...for sure. 

I don't think Marina was of the same mind set toward Ruth however.

At the same time Ruth hated Lee Oswald.

I believe to a point of not feeling bad about Lee's permanent removal from Marina's life.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Dede Caplett on Hugh Aynesworth in 2016:

Whenever Hugh Grant Aynesworth and Dave Perry are mentioned in another DMN JFK disinfo piece, it's important to review government files on the 85-year-old Aynesworth.

First, Perry, a laughing stock amongst independent researchers, worked for the late Larry Howard at the Assassination Information Center in the West End. Struggling financially in the few years since moving to Dallas, Perry sold out the research community and changed his stance from researcher to lone-nutter, so he could get paid. Those of us in the research community know you won't make money unless you spout lone-assassin garbage. Fortunately, most of us have not spent years in this endeavor for money, but for the truth.

The truth lies in the testimonies of Dallas County residents, who were there when the events of November 1963 took place, and whose observations contradict the Warren Commission's preconceived notion of a lone assassin.

The DMN, WFAA and the rest of the major mass media will not cite persons as authorities on the JFK matter unless they regurgitate the Big Lie espoused by the Warren Commission.

But Perry is a small-timer. The big picture here is Aynesworth, because once you learn about Aynesworth's background, you will understand why these DMN disinfo stories are written.

Thanks to the JFK Act of the mid-1990s and the tireless work by independent researchers, declassified documents have been unearthed and they show that Aynesworth was in contact with the Dallas CIA office and had on at least one occasion "offered his services to us (CIA)." [1]

The files are chock full of Aynesworth informing to the FBI, particularly in regard to the Jim Garrison investigation. See for example an account of a lengthy FBI meeting with Aynesworth on 26 Apr 1967 re: Garrison [2], and 5 May 1967 Domestic Intelligence Division note [3]. See also a CIA 27 Dec 1967 account of a phone call [4] in which Aynesworth is said to have offered to secure documents "extracted" from Garrison's files (by William Gurvich). Also of note is a message Aynesworth sent to George Christian at LBJ's White House, in which Aynesworth wrote that "My interest in informing government officials of each step along the way is because of my intimate knowledge of what Jim Garrison is planning." See Jim DiEugenio's Hugh Aynesworth: Refusing a Conspiracy is his Life's Work. [5]

The following is documentation of Aynesworth begging the CIA and FBI to let him be their stool pigeon. So much for journalistic integrity:

[1] http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=55194&relPageId=30  (1 page document)

[2] http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=10094&relPageId=44  (3-page FBI document; click "next" to see pages 2 and 3, respectively)

[3] http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=10024&relPageId=263  (1 page document)

[4] http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?absPageId=595509  (1 page document) [Robert Morrow interjection here: George Brown of Brown and Root was one of Lyndon Johnson’s absolute closest friends since the 1930s and Brown and Root, as a subsidiary of Halliburton, made a ton of money off of the Vietnam War and George Brown was a man who “cooperated closely” with the CIA.]

[5] http://www.ctka.net/aynesworth.html

[6] http://www.ctka.net/aynes.html

UNQUOTE

4 hours ago, Gerry Down said:

This is an issue that has interested me as well.

I went through my files and found the documentary. The documentary is called "JFK: Eyewitness To History". I think it was a PBS documentary. Not sure if it can still be viewed online anywhere. The person who appeared on the documentary and who made the claim was not a retired DPD officer but Jim Ewell of the Dallas Morning News. He says that Oswald was sitting on what he described to be an "open bladed knife" in the Texas theatre. I take this to mean it was not a pocket knife which folds up, but i'm not sure on this point. Ewell was reluctant to say what happened to the knife on camera but then says that one of the cops kept the knife as a souvenir. 

Considering that Hugh Aynesworth also worked for the Dallas Morning News, i wonder if it was Hugh Aynesworth who relayed the story to Jim Ewell about the knife. And if possibly it was Aynesworth who was the person who kept the knife and Jim Ewell covered for Aynesworth by saying a DPD officer kept the knife. But this is purely speculation on my part. 

Thanks Gerry. Ewell's detail that the knife was "open bladed" is interesting, not a normal way to carry a knife. Was Oswald fearful of being double-crossed by someone sitting next to him? An open-bladed knife if true should have been part of the investigation as a material fact. The reason it wasn't is explained here as an officer diverting something into private hands. Ewell knew something but Ewell wasn't going to burn a source or a fellow reporter or whatever happened. 

2 hours ago, Robert Morrow said:

Dede Caplett on Hugh Aynesworth in 2016:

Whenever Hugh Grant Aynesworth and Dave Perry are mentioned in another DMN JFK disinfo piece, it's important to review government files on the 85-year-old Aynesworth.

First, Perry, a laughing stock amongst independent researchers, worked for the late Larry Howard at the Assassination Information Center in the West End. Struggling financially in the few years since moving to Dallas, Perry sold out the research community and changed his stance from researcher to lone-nutter, so he could get paid. Those of us in the research community know you won't make money unless you spout lone-assassin garbage. Fortunately, most of us have not spent years in this endeavor for money, but for the truth.

The truth lies in the testimonies of Dallas County residents, who were there when the events of November 1963 took place, and whose observations contradict the Warren Commission's preconceived notion of a lone assassin.

The DMN, WFAA and the rest of the major mass media will not cite persons as authorities on the JFK matter unless they regurgitate the Big Lie espoused by the Warren Commission.

But Perry is a small-timer. The big picture here is Aynesworth, because once you learn about Aynesworth's background, you will understand why these DMN disinfo stories are written.

Thanks to the JFK Act of the mid-1990s and the tireless work by independent researchers, declassified documents have been unearthed and they show that Aynesworth was in contact with the Dallas CIA office and had on at least one occasion "offered his services to us (CIA)." [1]

The files are chock full of Aynesworth informing to the FBI, particularly in regard to the Jim Garrison investigation. See for example an account of a lengthy FBI meeting with Aynesworth on 26 Apr 1967 re: Garrison [2], and 5 May 1967 Domestic Intelligence Division note [3]. See also a CIA 27 Dec 1967 account of a phone call [4] in which Aynesworth is said to have offered to secure documents "extracted" from Garrison's files (by William Gurvich). Also of note is a message Aynesworth sent to George Christian at LBJ's White House, in which Aynesworth wrote that "My interest in informing government officials of each step along the way is because of my intimate knowledge of what Jim Garrison is planning." See Jim DiEugenio's Hugh Aynesworth: Refusing a Conspiracy is his Life's Work. [5]

The following is documentation of Aynesworth begging the CIA and FBI to let him be their stool pigeon. So much for journalistic integrity:

[1] http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=55194&relPageId=30  (1 page document)

[2] http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=10094&relPageId=44  (3-page FBI document; click "next" to see pages 2 and 3, respectively)

[3] http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=10024&relPageId=263  (1 page document)

[4] http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?absPageId=595509  (1 page document) [Robert Morrow interjection here: George Brown of Brown and Root was one of Lyndon Johnson’s absolute closest friends since the 1930s and Brown and Root, as a subsidiary of Halliburton, made a ton of money off of the Vietnam War and George Brown was a man who “cooperated closely” with the CIA.]

[5] http://www.ctka.net/aynesworth.html

[6] http://www.ctka.net/aynes.html

UNQUOTE

FWIW, Dave Perry was another mixed bag. While he pushed the Oswald did it scenario for many years, I recall his speaking up in an 11-18-13  article and admitting he thought others may have been involved. I found that refreshing at the time, and still do. 

Here is a quote from that article...

5. “The CIA did it”

This is the conspiracy theory that interests Perry the most. “The problem is, of all of them, this is one I can’t debunk,” he laughs.

“Supposedly Kennedy was fed up with the shenanigans that the CIA was pulling,” Perry said. “He found out the CIA was trying to kill (Cuban leader Fidel) Castro, which is a fact. So the argument is that the CIA felt that Kennedy was going to disband them. And as a result of that, they were the ones that ordered the killing of Kennedy.”

Perry points out that a former head of the CIA, Allen Dulles, was a member of the Warren Commission, the special Johnson-appointed panel tasked with the official investigation of the assassination. The commission determined that Oswald acted alone.

Oswald was a supporter of Soviet-backed Cuba.

“We know Oswald was in the Russian embassy in Mexico City,” Perry said. “We even know who he talked to. But we don’t know what was said. Then a few weeks later, he shoots Kennedy.”

“It may have been something that they overheard involving him and the Russians. Or, maybe the CIA had Oswald on the payroll. He might have been a double agent.”

Is it possible that Russians ordered Oswald to do it? 

Not likely, said Perry. The Russians would never have ordered Oswald to kill Kennedy because of his well-known links to Russia and his pro-Cuban sympathies. Russia’s leaders knew they would have been the first suspects if they’d engineered an assassination by Oswald. It would have been an act of war, which could have triggered a nuclear attack.

“We need to know what happened in Mexico City,” Perry said. 

The answer, he said, may be contained in still-classified CIA documents. The U.S. National Archives currently holds a number of unreleased CIA documents related to the assassination. Those papers are scheduled to be made public in 2017 as part of the 1992 Kennedy Assassination Records Collection Act.

Edited by Pat Speer

4 hours ago, Denny Zartman said:

A dishonest reporter does a disservice to truth and to history.

Love your new profile pic DZ!

Harlem Globetrotter basketball jersey, over-sized rapper shades, inner city convenience store robbery cap, massive weight gold chain bling necklace.

Cool DZ Rap Master Flash!

YO ... You Go Bro!

Edited by Joe Bauer

7 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

There is no such place as hell. It is a metaphorical place where evil people supposedly go. Since Hugh Aynesworth was an evil person, hell is where he will metaphorically go.

"Burn in hell" is a figure of speech.

Having pointed that out...

I'm just a messenger of that news, David. Don't blame me for Aynesworth's demise.

But for those who actually believe in Hell, my apologies for being blunt.

8 hours ago, Greg Doudna said:

Thanks Gerry. Ewell's detail that the knife was "open bladed" is interesting, not a normal way to carry a knife. Was Oswald fearful of being double-crossed by someone sitting next to him? An open-bladed knife if true should have been part of the investigation as a material fact. The reason it wasn't is explained here as an officer diverting something into private hands. Ewell knew something but Ewell wasn't going to burn a source or a fellow reporter or whatever happened. 

Reading between the lines, what I'd imagine happened is that Oswald very well could have had a knife but it fell to the ground during the struggle with McDonald. Then after LHO was carried out, the knife was found on the ground and it was unclear if it was connected to LHO or not. And so a theory sprung up that perhaps LHO had been sitting on it and planned, as a backup to the pistol, to stab any officer that tried to arrest him. It's possible no officer ever saw the knife and it was only Aynesworth who spotted it and then took it as a souvenir. And even Aynesworth would have been unsure if it was LHOs knife or not.

Ewell died in June of this year. Now Aynesworth too.

6 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Love your new profile pic DZ!

Harlem Globetrotter basketball jersey, over-sized rapper shades, inner city convenience store robbery cap, massive weight gold chain bling necklace.

Cool DZ Rap Master Flash!

YO ... You Go Bro!

"I'm the hiphopottomus, my rhymes are bottomless..."

Thanks, Joe!