The Education Forum

Rob Reiner talks about two Oswalds

Black Op Radio’s Len Osanic just sent me an excerpt of his recent interview with Rob Reiner, during which Len asked about John Armstrong.  

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jo1vFQbutAX6HbehhY-hqHWhvfe5zx7U/view

Here is my quick transcript of what Mr. Reiner said:

John Armstrong, by the way, I think he’s brilliant that guy.  I’ve met with him, he came to my house [John brought me along too], and he has the whole thing about the two Oswalds, which is completely compelling, I mean it is totally compelling, but to explain how the two Oswalds would work, because it’s well known that in a lot of these operations they use doubles a lot of the time, and that’s part of the obfuscation and the wilderness of mirrors, they do this in many operations, but to explain all that, you know, it would take up so much real estate to explain that, and it also might get people who are learning about this for the first time …. I didn’t want to get anything in the podcast that might people go oooohh, and discount the whole thing….

When John and I were guests at Mr. Reiner’s house a few years ago, I was enormously impressed by Rob, his wife, and the two writers he was working with.  All of them seemed to have considerable knowledge of the assassination.  At the end of the long day, I asked if I could have a picture with Rob.  Mrs. Reiner snapped the photo using my phone. I’m a little shorter, but Rob and I look kind of similar, don’t you think?

Rob&Jim.jpg

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could almost be his little brother Jim.  He has changed a bit from the All In The Family days.

BTW, did you tell him there were Two Oswald's in the Texas Theater (ha!).

Thank you Charles, Ron, Denny & Sandy....

Here's my updated list of well-known JFK researchers who have publicly endorsed the two Oswald analysis:

John Armstrong, Rob Reiner, James Norwood, Sandy Larsen, John Newman, Peter Dale Scott, Joseph McBride, Pat Shannan, George Schwimmer, David Mantik, David Josephs,  Robert Groden & me.

There surely are more.  Hoping to find them soon....

Sorry to digress.  This takes me back to 8th or 9th grade English class.  A contemporary subjects assignment.  Watch Archie Bunker, write a report, be ready to comment.  I don't remember what I wrote or said.  Maybe, why does he call Gloria's husband meathead?

6 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Here's my updated list of well-known JFK researchers who have publicly endorsed the two Oswald analysis:

John Armstrong, Rob Reiner, James Norwood, Sandy Larsen, John Newman, Peter Dale Scott, Joseph McBride, Pat Shannan, George Schwimmer, David Mantik, David Josephs,  Robert Groden & me.

Joseph McBride?

…and not forgetting RR’s hilarious 1984 cult classic…

Ron, as a muso you must have seen this..?

Edited by Sean Coleman

7 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

Joseph McBride?

McBride endorses Armstrong’s theory in Into the Nightmare on a few separate points in the book, one example:

’Only those deep within the government would have fully understood in 1963 that ‘Oswald’ was really two people, both simultaneously using the identities of Lee Harvey Oswald or Harvey Lee Oswald, as John Armstrong conclusively proves with a wealth of hard factual evidence in his massive 2003 study ‘Harvey and Lee’.’

Chapter 4. The Great American Mystery

7 hours ago, James Keane said:

McBride endorses Armstrong’s theory in Into the Nightmare on a few separate points in the book, one example:

’Only those deep within the government would have fully understood in 1963 that ‘Oswald’ was really two people, both simultaneously using the identities of Lee Harvey Oswald or Harvey Lee Oswald, as John Armstrong conclusively proves with a wealth of hard factual evidence in his massive 2003 study ‘Harvey and Lee’.’

Chapter 4. The Great American Mystery

Interesting.

There are two more researchers I forgot to mention who have endorsed John’s Harvey and Lee.  One is Dick Russell (author of The Man Who Knew Too Much), who actually organized the meeting and drove John and me to Rob Reiner’s house.

The other researcher was Jack White, who worked with John in the 1990s and produced, based in part on John’s early research, the 1993 poster titled “The Evolution of Lee Harvey Oswald.”  (See below.)

So, here is the list I’ve compiled so far of 15 researchers who have publicly endorsed a long-term two-Oswald analysis:

John Armstrong, Rob Reiner, James Norwood, Sandy Larsen, John Newman, Peter Dale Scott, Joseph McBride, Dick Russell, Jack White, Pat Shannan, George Schwimmer, David Mantik, David Josephs,  Robert Groden & me.

And here is the best photo I’ve been able to make of “The Evolution of Lee Harvey Oswald” poster.  If you enlarge the graphic sufficiently, you should be able to read the captions under each mug shot.

Evolution_of_LHO_Poster.JPG

What was the long-term impersonator’s true name at birth and Social Security number, and mother’s true name and identity, according to the Harvey and Lee version of the impersonation idea? Did the impersonator marry or have a relationship with a significant other? In Dallas in Oct-Nov 1963? If the real Oswald was employed at the Book Depository, was the fake one, the impersonator, employed somewhere else in Dallas? 

I believe there was some early suspicion that the Soviets could kill a defector and send an impersonator in his stead back to the US, but that would be only one running around in the US upon return, not two of them, and that idea is falsified from Marguerite’s identification of her son (can’t fool a mother), as well as I understand by dental records. 

I don’t see any good evidence of impersonation of Oswald happening in Dallas on Oct-Nov 1963. It’s all either Oswald or mistaken identifications, full stop, from my study of all the cases. 

Edited by Greg Doudna

1 hour ago, Jim Hargrove said:

There are two more researchers I forgot to mention who have endorsed John’s Harvey and Lee.  One is Dick Russell (author of The Man Who Knew Too Much), who actually organized the meeting and drove John and me to Rob Reiner’s house.

The other researcher was Jack White, who worked with John in the 1990s and produced, based in part on John’s early research, the 1993 poster titled “The Evolution of Lee Harvey Oswald.”  (See below.)

So, here is the list I’ve compiled so far of 15 researchers who have publicly endorsed a long-term two-Oswald analysis:

John Armstrong, Rob Reiner, James Norwood, Sandy Larsen, John Newman, Peter Dale Scott, Joseph McBride, Dick Russell, Jack White, Pat Shannan, George Schwimmer, David Mantik, David Josephs,  Robert Groden & me.

And here is the best photo I’ve been able to make of “The Evolution of Lee Harvey Oswald” poster.  If you enlarge the graphic sufficiently, you should be able to read the captions under each mug shot.

Evolution_of_LHO_Poster.JPG

Even without zooming in, I could tell #26 was airbrushed to hell and back.