The Education Forum

The latest on the impact of JFK Revisited

On 3/8/2024 at 7:59 PM, Karl Kinaski said:

Just saw the German version: The docu gives the impression that an intact bullet ended up in Connallys thigh which isn't true.  Just several small fragments of metal ended up in Connallys thigh and remained there till he died in 1993. 

Karl:

How can anyone ignore Wecht's explication of how Tomlinson found the Magic Bullet--or whatever it was-- on the gurney?

For many people that was a highlight of the film.  

11 hours ago, Marjan Rynkiewicz said:

I trust that Oliver's stuff is/will be about as good as the two youtubes i watched (all the way throo)(yuk) yesterday.

These are a perfect intro for newbie jfk folk & our members alike. Full of shocking facts, yet funny at the same time.

Watched the videos.   Thanks

I'd heard of the spot where the storm drain was at the end of the overpass but never seen a photo.  I think it was said that it has been paved over in the last few years.

Why yuk?

Edited by Bill Fite

On 3/8/2024 at 2:53 AM, Gerry Down said:

It's the Joannides files. They will put Joannides in New Orleans at the same time as Oswald.

My memory may be off and it’s been a few years since I read Morley’s book regarding his attempt to get the Joannides file, but I thought that Morley reported that the Joannides file was never turned over to the ARRB because at the time because the connection had not yet been made between Joannides and his shady position working the HSCA.  If this file has been held by the CIA since the assassination and it contains anything damning, I doubt it even still exists.

20 minutes ago, Mike Aitken said:

My memory may be off and it’s been a few years since I read Morley’s book regarding his attempt to get the Joannides file, but I thought that Morley reported that the Joannides file was never turned over to the ARRB because at the time because the connection had not yet been made between Joannides and his shady position working the HSCA.  If this file has been held by the CIA since the assassination and it contains anything damning, I doubt it even still exists.

Destruction of documents is a serious offence. I doubt any current CIA officer would be willing to do prison time for covering up what a fellow CIA officer did decades ago. So I think that while the CIA would do their best to stall handing over the Joannides file, they would not actually be willing to destroy it.

But the Joannides file may well have been sanitized back in the 1960s after the assassination so it's questionable if there is anything of value in the file now.

On 3/9/2024 at 4:59 AM, Karl Kinaski said:

Just saw the German version: The docu gives the impression that an intact bullet ended up in Connallys thigh which isn't true.  Just several small fragments of metal ended up in Connallys thigh and remained there till he died in 1993. 

Jom De Eugenio said: 

Karl:

How can anyone ignore Wecht's explication of how Tomlinson found the Magic Bullet--or whatever it was-- on the gurney?

For many people that was a highlight of the film.

@ Jim DiEugenio

I am fine with the explanation of Wecht. What I mean is: The computer-animations only shows the bizarre WC-version of an intact bullet entering Connallys thigh. Twice. IMO there should have been an animation of the true trajectory and entering of the "Connally only" bullet and it's splintering when it crushed his rip and bones of his arm with some minor fragments of it ending up in his thigh. 

3 hours ago, Bill Fite said:

Watched the videos.   Thanks

I'd heard of the spot where the storm drain was at the end of the overpass but never seen a photo.  I think it was said that it has been paved over in the last few years.

Why yuk?

The youtubes mention lots of supposed facts, most of which are clearly  wrong, so wrong that they are funny.

I look at the Oliver Stone stuff in the same way (full of factoids)(or irrelevant facts), but not so funny.

Re the yuk. Well, for starters, i was a consultant re solving bad design faults for stormwater drainage systems. The YT mention a pit 6ft deep -- nope, it looks about 3ft deep (as uzual). The YT mention the exit pipe as being 18 inches, & that a man could crawl along it -- nope, it looks about 12 inches, &, even if it were 18 inches, 18 inches is not enuff for a man to crawl along. 

Edited by Marjan Rynkiewicz

2 hours ago, Marjan Rynkiewicz said:

Re the yuk. Well, for starters, i was a consultant re solving bad design faults for stormwater drainage systems. The YT mention a pit 6ft deep -- nope, it looks about 3ft deep (as uzual). The YT mention the exit pipe as being 18 inches, & that a man could crawl along it -- nope, it looks about 12 inches, &, even if it were 18 inches, 18 inches is not enuff for a man to crawl along. 

thanks again

On 3/8/2024 at 1:30 PM, James DiEugenio said:

BTW, since we will be talking about the book tonight, I just talked to Daniel Jones.

He is the Tampa podcaster  who did a two hour interview with me about JFK Revisited.

I wanted him to do one about The JFK Assassinations Chokeholds with Paul Bleau.

He told me that he would rather not since You Tube is suppressing  his JFK assassination stuff.

Whew.  Did not VInce Palamara make this same complaint on this forum?

You are correct, Jim. Also- JFK REVISITED is the best JFK assassination documentary and The JFK Assassination Chokeholds is also outstanding.

I thought you had complained about this before Vince.

This just reinforces it.  Shame.

And thanks about the film and book.

11 hours ago, Gerry Down said:

Destruction of documents is a serious offence. I doubt any current CIA officer would be willing to do prison time for covering up what a fellow CIA officer did decades ago. So I think that while the CIA would do their best to stall handing over the Joannides file, they would not actually be willing to destroy it.

But the Joannides file may well have been sanitized back in the 1960s after the assassination so it's questionable if there is anything of value in the file now.

Coincidentally, Morley just posted this blog on his site regarding destroyed JFK assassination records.  Another example that comes to mind is the MKULTRA files, which were destroyed on the orders of Richard Helms during the Church Committee investigation if I remember correctly.

https://jfkfacts.substack.com/p/trail-of-destruction-the-destroyed

22 minutes ago, Mike Aitken said:

Coincidentally, Morley just posted this blog on his site regarding destroyed JFK assassination records.  Another example that comes to mind is the MKULTRA files, which were destroyed on the orders of Richard Helms during the Church Committee investigation if I remember correctly.

https://jfkfacts.substack.com/p/trail-of-destruction-the-destroyed

Thanks. Must look into that. 

9 hours ago, Gerry Down said:

Thanks. Must look into that. 

In re-reading Morley’s blog, I found it odd that he included Angleton’s set of RFK autopsy photos in the set of destroyed/missing JFK assassination documents.  These photos are obviously of interest to those investigating the assassination of RFK, but I don’t see the direct connection to the files of the JFK assassination.  Additionally, I think these photos may still exist in the LAPD archives or some archive owned by the Kennedy’s, but I believe they were marked as “not to be released to the public” or something along those lines.