The Education Forum

The JFK Assassination: Hunting Down the Mauser

11 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

And to believe the police actually did find a Mauser in the Book Depository instead of Lee Oswald's Carcano is to believe the plotters who were attempting to frame Oswald for JFK's murder* must have had the collective I.Q. of a box of broken toothpicks, as they apparently thought they could frame Oswald by planting a Mauser in the TSBD even though they had to know that their designated patsy owned a Mannlicher-Carcano. (Brilliant move there, huh?)

* And a huge number of conspiracy theorists all around the globe do, of course, hold the wholly unsupportable belief that Oswald was, indeed, being set up as the proverbial patsy on 11/22/63 AD.

http://DVP's JFK Archives / Mauser Or Mannlicher-Carcano?

Wow….amazing…. I’m just stunned in your ability to dismiss or ignore the incredible amount of materials that have been accumulated that contradict your lone nut position. 

31 minutes ago, Denny Zartman said:

jfk rifle collage.JPG

@Denny Zartman   Didn’t Jack White have a collage of photos he did years ago of the Mannlicher photographed in Dallas vs the one in the National Archives today wherein he alleged discrepancies as to the length and a slight variation in the font of the C2766? Any recollection of that?

Nick

2 minutes ago, Nick Bartetzko said:

@Denny Zartman   Didn’t Jack White have a collage of photos he did years ago of the Mannlicher photographed in Dallas vs the one in the National Archives today wherein he alleged discrepancies as to the length and a slight variation in the font of the C2766? Any recollection of that?

Nick

Would love to see this if either of you can provide a link.  

15 minutes ago, Nick Bartetzko said:

Nick

8 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Would love to see this if either of you can provide a link.  

I don't think it's Jack White's work, but there's some discussion & photos of the C 2766 font discrepancy halfway at the link from where I sourced the original images of the rifle:

http://www.freehomepage.com/jfkresearch/c2766.html

2 hours ago, Nick Bartetzko said:

Wow….amazing…. I’m just stunned in your ability to dismiss or ignore the incredible amount of materials that have been accumulated that contradict your lone nut position. 

I'm under the assumption that Dave is now just here to keep a pulse on the CT's and drive traffic to his website.

4 hours ago, Denny Zartman said:

Regarding the Mannlicher Carcano in question, serial number C 2766. My research indicates the black and white images are from C 2766, indicating "MADE ITALY" and "CAL 6.5".

image.jpeg.f340dfaab6395b9df9ac25c4be745c2b.jpeg

image.jpeg.34e469a28ebf58d9d4e540447b86558f.jpeg

"CAL 6.5" image should be attached below.

The color image is not of C 2766. It is the same model.

This is where I sourced the images:

https://www.recoilweb.com/carcano-kennedy-assassination-rifle-161186.html

Additionally, on July 2, 1964, Attorney Mark Lane testified to the Warren Commission after examining C 2766.

"I told the Commission that, while not a rifle expert, I was able to see that it was a 6.5 Italian rifle because stamped clearly on the rifle were the words 'MADE ITALY' and 'CAL 6.5'"

Mark Lane, "Rush To Judgment", Pg 96

Regarding the Mauser in question: you're not going to find any other specifics about that exact rifle, because they made it disappear. So I did research and searched for all images of Mauser rifles that would have been available in 1963 and then looked for any engravings on those rifles. That second collage is the result.

image.jpeg

Thanks very much for your response.

6 hours ago, Nick Bartetzko said:

I’m just stunned in your ability to dismiss or ignore the incredible amount of materials that have been accumulated that contradict your lone nut position. 

Bottom Line (re: the rifle found in the TSBD) --- It was a Carcano, as THE ALYEA FILM plainly illustrates (see photos below).

Lt-Day-With-Rifle-In-TSBD-11-22-63.png

Edited by David Von Pein

13 hours ago, Denny Zartman said:

Regarding the Mannlicher Carcano in question, serial number C 2766. My research indicates the black and white images are from C 2766, indicating "MADE ITALY" and "CAL 6.5".

image.jpeg.f340dfaab6395b9df9ac25c4be745c2b.jpeg

image.jpeg.34e469a28ebf58d9d4e540447b86558f.jpeg

"CAL 6.5" image should be attached below.

The color image is not of C 2766. It is the same model.

This is where I sourced the images:

https://www.recoilweb.com/carcano-kennedy-assassination-rifle-161186.html

Additionally, on July 2, 1964, Attorney Mark Lane testified to the Warren Commission after examining C 2766.

"I told the Commission that, while not a rifle expert, I was able to see that it was a 6.5 Italian rifle because stamped clearly on the rifle were the words 'MADE ITALY' and 'CAL 6.5'"

Mark Lane, "Rush To Judgment", Pg 96

Regarding the Mauser in question: you're not going to find any other specifics about that exact rifle, because they made it disappear. So I did research and searched for all images of Mauser rifles that would have been available in 1963 and then looked for any engravings on those rifles. That second collage is the result.

image.jpeg

They made it disappear? 🫠 Who? Can you show one photo or film of that Mauser?

I haven't researched the entire body of Seymour Weitzman's statements and testimonies so the following question is just a curious thought.

Did Weitzman ever say that he actually saw the word "Mauser" on the 6th floor found rifle?  

I don't recall reading Weitzman ever stated he saw the "Mauser" stamp.

Roger Craig ( who truly was just feet away for the rifle ) claimed he saw the Mauser stamp on the rifle. Along with it's caliber number. 

So, Craig just made that up?

Edited by Joe Bauer

2 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Did Weitzman ever say that he actually saw the word "Mauser" on the 6th floor found rifle?  

No, he didn't.

Play-Video-Logo.png

2 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Roger Craig ( who truly was just feet away for the rifle ) claimed he saw the Mauser stamp on the rifle. Along with its caliber number. 

Yes.

And the proof that Craig just made it up is HERE.

Edited by David Von Pein

5 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

I haven't researched the entire body of Seymour Weitzman's statements and testimonies so the following question is just a curious thought.

I don't recall reading Weitzman ever stated he saw the "Mauser" stamp.

Roger Craig ( who truly was just feet away for the rifle ) claimed he saw the Mauser stamp on the rifle. Along with it's caliber number. 

Weitzman didn’t say that. I would have expected him to say he did because of some CTers’ strong opinion that cops would have necessarily have looked for the stamp with the name. Craig never said who saw the Mauser stamp. I thought I was the only one in the world noticing this unknown.

21 minutes ago, Denis Morissette said:

Craig never said who saw the Mauser stamp.

Yes he did. In his "Two Men In Dallas" interview, Craig clearly indicates that both he and Weitzman saw a "7.65 Mauser" stamp on the rifle as it was being held up by Capt. Fritz.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_YygHvgJjo6UTV5a2t6ZnBrbXc/view

Edited by David Von Pein

2 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

Yes he did. In his "Two Men In Dallas" interview, Craig clearly indicates that both he and Weitzman saw a "7.65 Mauser" stamp on the rifle as it was being held up by Capt. Fritz.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_YygHvgJjo6UTV5a2t6ZnBrbXc/view

You are correct. Craig said that himself saw the stamp.