The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM vs MAGA COOLER - For those who want to challenge the other side.

Sandy Larsen

Can you imagine attacking someone for appearing in Twitter?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Can you imagine attacking someone for appearing in Twitter?

Jim,

I have great respect for JFK and RFK, but if RFK, Jr. is now praising the right-wing tycoon Elon Musk for "saving democracy," and fear-mongering about Mexicans in the Southwest, it's time for us to get off of the RFK, Jr. bus.   RFK, Jr. is, apparently, missing a few screws in the cabeza.

Let's recall that his father, RFK, was a friend and advocate of Cesar Chavez and our Mexican migrant workers-- not a white nationalist xenophobe.

Perhaps RFK, Jr. needs to spend less time in Malibu, (and on Fox) and more time with indigenous Catholic Mexican communities-- as his uncle and father did in their younger years.

Incidentally, Twitter has now lost half of its value, since the disastrous Elon Musk takeover.

Edited by W. Niederhut

But for EF-JFKA, the appropriate topics are the JFK Records, and the challenge of the security state to the opening of those records, and also to democratic control of US foreign trade and military policies. 

I am sure we all have various opinions on trans rights, the Southern border, agriculture policy, Big Pharma, taxes, Elon Musk and so on. We all have various opinions on who might be senile, or addled, or who might be a veep no one believes is capable of being president. 

Everyone's opinions are fine; no better or worse than other people's opinions. 

IMHO, RFK Jr. is the only candidate who will open up the JFK Records, and he may actually challenge the intel state. 

This is a very germane topic to this forum. We can state as fact that President Biden has done a snuff job on the JFK Records. 

In this same hit piece on RFK Jr., the NYT defined Tulsi Gabbard as "right wing" (similar to the NYT recently defining Matt Taibbi as "right wing."

I would say the long knives are out for RFK Jr.  

A solid guess is the security state has a hand on the knife, and also the establishment Democratic Party.  IMHO, they know how to work together. 

Reader beware. 

Ben,

You're a broken record, stuck in a cacophonous groove. 

So, you still, apparently, believe that all opinions are "no better or worse" than any other opinions, regardless of their relationship to the facts?

That we need to respect the opinions of people who believe that the earth is flat, and of those who believe that the January 6th attack on Congress was a Deep State "patriot purge" scrum?

Meanwhile, you seem to imagine that your redundant RFK, Jr. political posts on the JFKA forum are entirely "germane," while any contextual criticism of RFK, Jr. is not?

Talk about yer cancel culture... 🙄

Edited by W. Niederhut

Every single day, over and over and over and over and over and over. Resident Trumper relentlessly spamming RFK Jr. stories. One thread gets removed, they just try again the next day. They then try harder to make the link somewhat relevant to the JFK assassination in order not to get moved again, but the intent is crystal clear. It happens every f$#&ing day.

It's spam. It's cluttering up the forum. And all this relentless spam is obviously politically motivated, not by genuine support for RFK Jr. and his policies, but against Joe Biden and Democrats.

We need a RFK Jr. Only thread where all these discussions can be put into one place.

2 hours ago, Denny Zartman said:

We need a RFK Jr. Only thread where all these discussions can be put into one place.

Denny,

I could put an RFK Jr. Only thread in the Political Discussions subforum. But I guarantee nobody will go to it. And I don't want to waste my time doing something nobody will use.

So instead I put them here in the cooler. At least it gets a few visitors.

4 hours ago, Denny Zartman said:

Every single day, over and over and over and over and over and over. Resident Trumper relentlessly spamming RFK Jr. stories. One thread gets removed, they just try again the next day. They then try harder to make the link somewhat relevant to the JFK assassination in order not to get moved again, but the intent is crystal clear. It happens every f$#&ing day.

It's spam. It's cluttering up the forum. And all this relentless spam is obviously politically motivated, not by genuine support for RFK Jr. and his policies, but against Joe Biden and Democrats.

Exactly right, Denny.

And the daily RFK, Jr./anti-Biden spam started appearing on the JFKA forum after the 56 Years thread was shut down (as a result of MAGA spamming.)

The concept was for the MAGA spammers to use the Water Cooler MAGA Spam board, but they never did.

Edited by W. Niederhut

On 6/7/2023 at 11:48 AM, W. Niederhut said:

The concept was for the MAGA spammers to use the Water Cooler MAGA Spam board, but they never did.

Yes, Ben never did, because that was too low profile for him. He wanted to be seen out in the forum supposedly because he's so concerned  about getting new people to the forum. But  Ben has never seen fit to answer questions regarding  his monotony and repetitiveness, ( which he at least didn't  use to exhibit in his JFKA participation),  but It's an unspoken spookiness that will turn away new people.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

As I've said, Sandy, make the RFK Jr. candidacy it's own thread. It doesn't matter the amount of response it gets. If people are interested, they'll find it.

Re: RFK Jr.   RFK heaps praise on Musk  saying he's "rescuing Democracy"  and then goes off on a border rant.

I was willing to give RFK Jr. a chance despite his anti vaccine craziness, but now I'm convinced it spills over into all aspects of his judgment. Even as a purely gross political maneuver, it's in turn a gross miscalculation.The overall effect will be damaging to future Kennedy family political prospects.

The one great  thing that could have come out of it is a real  debate among Democratic candidates, where issues could be raised. The Democrats have the authority to raise the issues about the political dominance of the Corporate State, for example. But if the story line is that there's no real answer to Biden. The Democrats will just look like status quo politics all over again.  But barring a major Biden health incident, these 2 opponents are not going to muster up enough support to in any way embarrass the incumbent Biden by not debating them.

No conspiracies please, learn about your political system! That's just the political reality.

In Thailand, there lived an ex-pat, 

who secretly wore a red hat.

He'd curse Donks and Joe Biden,

while also deriding

alleged feculent, partisan scat.