The Education Forum

Can anyone decipher this word - AMEFY? - it may refer to the Mexico Mystery Man

Can anyone read the word on this document?

... it looks like AMEFY, but maybe it's AMLEO-9, note the space between the "M" and the "E" and how someone scribbled in that area - right above the signature of "Dottie", secretary to Win Scott in Mexico City.

I think it might be the cryptonym for the Mexico City Mystery Man.

The problem is that "AM" is the prefix for Cuba, and the Mystery Man appears to have been a Soviet citizen who was stationed in Mexico City.   So the word in question could be something else altogether.

Just a wag Bill, shot in the dark so to speak.  EFY, Effeminate?  A Gay Cuban/Soviet?  In no way meant derisive to anyone.

Bill,

This is a tough one. I see two words. One above "Am" whatever. The one on top could be Casa, Casas without the "s"? The AM could have been a very sloppy "American". Even wilder SWAG "Amot 9"?

image.png.4dac546ffcf6cfba30e2d67cf444534a.png

There's two attempts at writing there. Looks to be written one way first, and then corrected.

So it's a guessing game from there.

One of the newly over-written letters is 'o', as it corresponds to the 'o' in "Dottie".

Ballpark guess: AMCORE 9

There appears to be what looks like a number "9" at the start and end of the word. This makes me wonder if these two "9"s are possibly some form of framing mechanism, like inverted commas etc, to frame the word in the middle.

Posted (edited)

I certainly don't want to jump the gun here, but here I go anyway: if the above was AMCORE 9, that would put it in the domain of an operation run by JMWAVE and Bob Wall.

edit: And David Phillips:

www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/2022/104-10166-10033.pdf

Edited by Matt Allison

I think I got the answer from Larry Haapanen - Anne G!

Anne Goodpasture, Chief of Station Win Scott’s key aide, made up the story about the Mystery Man being seen on Oct 1 - it was actually Oct. 2.  

Why?

I believe she wanted to link the Mystery Man to Oswald and “dirty him up”, who left Mexico City early on Oct. 2.

This is a tough one, but to me, it looks like the "e" is the end of the word "case" written across the horizontal line of the signature. I also want to point out that the "A" doesn't have to be an "A." My Mom's first name started with a "G" and she always signed her name with a lower-case "g". She knew how to correctly apply cursive, of course, but that's just how she signed her name. The loop at the end of the first pen stroke could be a "y" or an "f". The letter at the far right could be a "g" or a "y" or a "q", and the line underneath it is of a different quality than either the "Arn"(?) underline or the "case"(?) underline. So who knows? (I don't.)

Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2024 at 9:22 AM, Bill Simpich said:

I think I got the answer from Larry Haapanen - Anne G!

Anne Goodpasture, Chief of Station Win Scott’s key aide, made up the story about the Mystery Man being seen on Oct 1 - it was actually Oct. 2.  

Why?

I believe she wanted to link the Mystery Man to Oswald and “dirty him up”, who left Mexico City early on Oct. 2.

Great find by Larry!

Going by memory here, wasn´t Anne Goodpasture assigned that job just in August (Sept. perhaps?). Not sure, I thougt it was close anyway.  I had the feeling she was also there to work for Phillips (who likely knew - perhaps planned - things that were about to happen in MC).  Scott was very much on his own, Phillips would know he needed an extra agent there for him to steer things. Probably one of the things we still don´t know from AG´s HSCA hearing*. Why was she assigned just then? And who put her there?  Where´s Phillips in this, traces?  Her work for Scott was very good it seems, and the so called "mistakes" in dates and file numbers... nope.. not buying that, those were lies IMO instructed by Phillips. If there is one thing in observation that´s the most important, it´s the timing...  Planning during New- Orleance period (directed by Phillips/Joannides. IMO).  Execution MC under surveillance of AG ?  O well, at least that´s what made sense to me while reading the reports years ago.

*is that still withheld in full?

Also, I keep forgetting, what was Dotties full name? I have seen it written a few times (some years ago that was..). I must find my notes, there was something that intrigued me about her as well, but never got to putting my finger on it.  I remember a certain document by Scott (a draft or something), that was changed by Dottie, just raised some questions with me. The draft and corrections were terrible copies, and the final was heavily redacted.  Will look for it, as it could be AG was already involved in those "corrections"

Edited by Jean Ceulemans