The Education Forum

Mark Zaid, JFK and Trump

James DiEugenio

Now, take a look at this new story:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/never-before-seen-trump-tax-documents-show-major-inconsistencies_n_5da767ebe4b0a9a0f1d0c715

I think this would tie in with the emoluments case would it not?  AOC actually touched on this in her examination of Cohen.

Why Trump did not put his holdings in a blind trust is really puzzling to me.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

And according to Mr Wheeler, the Mueller Report was available for reading in full to select members of congress. If that was enough then I am sure they would have agreed to have an impeachment vote based on it.  They then would have gone to court during the proceedings to get it fully released.

No, the Trump Administration kept the key witness to Trump's obstruction, former White House Counselor Don McGahn, from testifying.  Going to court to force his testimony would take so long that impeachment became untenable.

Those who closely follow the news understand this.

To me, the evidence in RG simply was not there for impeachment.  The Steele Dossier ended up being  something of a joke.  What with it being financed by Singer and then the DNC?  And paying the guy well into the six figures.  Ever hear of confirmation bias?

Nobody cares about the Steele Dossier.  Mueller barely mentioned it in his report.

Those who closely follow the news understand this.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

I am really puzzled by this comment from McConnell:

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/16/mcconnell-impeachment-trial-senate-048599

Pelosi has not even had a formal impeachment hearing yet.

Is he just trying to tell her, "Hey, its all sound and fury signifying nothing anyway?"  

I think so, since there is no way I think you could do it that fast.

3 hours ago, Dennis Berube said:

Lol. I see the issue here, you and wn enjoy getting information from known propaganda outlets, whereas me and jim do not.

You guys take your talking points from Donald Trump's tweets.

7 hours ago, Dennis Berube said:

The founder of rocor advocated for armed rebellion against the ussr. If the Russians didnt attempt to mitigate that church I would be stunned and they would be derelict in their duty to protect themselves. 

Regardless, that story doesnt make your false Ukraine narrative true. It just shows your perspective on this comes from a white russian viewpoint, again, like Cliff, not exactly unbiased. 

Dennis,

Let me respond to this ROCOR comment and your previous comment about Putin's annexation of the Crimea in a single post.

1)   CRIMEAN ANNEXATION

Putin's military occupation and annexation of the Crimea in 2014 was illegal on multiple accounts-- and continues to be regarded as illegal by the international community.  The Russian referendum in Crimea, itself, was illegal-- and was conducted after Russian troops had illegally occupied sovereign Ukrainian territory.   The Crimea was a part of the sovereign, indissoluble nation of Ukraine in 2014-- and was subject to the Constitutional laws of Ukraine, which, among other things, required a nationwide referendum on matters pertaining to the secession or annexation of Ukrainian territory.

2)  ROCOR HISTORY   (Hint:  Don't trust Wikipedia on this one-- the FSB has aggressively edited the true history of the ROCOR since 2007.)

The Bolsheviks assumed total control of the Russian Orthodox Church in Russia by 1921, after poisoning Patriarch Tikhon (arsenic) and murdering or imprisoning most of the Metropolitans, Archbishops, and Bishops in concentration camps like the former Solovki Monastery.  Many Russian Orthodox Churches throughout the U.S.S.R. (including the Spaasky Cathedral near the Kremlin) were demolished by explosives, and even more were converted into skating rinks and gyms.   Meanwhile, the Bolsheviks re-organized what was left of the Russian Church hierarchy under the nominal supervision of Metropolitan Sergius Stragorodsky and other NKVD puppet bishops and priests (including the eventual KGB Moscow "Patriarch" Alexey II and the current Patriarch Kyril.) The concept was to use the outward form of the "Church" to advance the agenda of the atheistic Soviet state-- which did not preclude using the confessional as a form of state surveillance of the citizenry!

So, following the Bolshevik murder of St. Tikhon and the Church hierarchy, and the torture and "conversion" of Metropolitan Sergius Stragorodsky to atheistic Bolshevism, the Russian Orthodox bishops in exile organized the ROCOR Synod outside of Russia to preserve what was left of "Holy Russia." To describe them as advocating "armed rebellion against the USSR" is tantamount to accusing Jewish refugees from Nazi Germany of advocating armed rebellion against the Third Reich.  It's a patently absurd statement.   The main difference is that everyone today knows the horrifying details of the Nazi Holocaust, but very few people know much about the worst genocide in world history-- the Bolshevik genocide perpetrated against Russians and Ukrainians in the Soviet Union (including the Ukrainian Holodomor.)

Edited by W. Niederhut

10 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Bob:

I hate to tell you but if you look at Watergate, it was the same thing.

How many people did Jaworski indict?  Over sixty.

Did he indict Nixon?

It is a constitutional problem. 

And according to Mr Wheeler, the Mueller Report was available for reading in full to select members of congress. If that was enough then I am sure they would have agreed to have an impeachment vote based on it.  They then would have gone to court during the proceedings to get it fully released.

To me, the evidence in RG simply was not there for impeachment.  The Steele Dossier ended up being  something of a joke.  What with it being financed by Singer and then the DNC?  And paying the guy well into the six figures.  Ever hear of confirmation bias?

Watergate had some things in common Jim but really do you see an equivalence between the two? It's not even close.Nixon did not obstruct the Congressional investigation to the extent that Trump is and has done with Mueller. This clown is far more corrupt than Nixon, for all to see!! His supporters and enablers see their own skins at risk and it's that simple. This garbage about how lilly-white Don-Don is getting picked on is so ridiculous because there's enough to convict him on his and his minion's PUBLIC statements.

Nobody is yet addressing this and you have skirted it also:

To repeat for comment: Why should a person who can not be indicted or prosecuted, has the power of offering any bribe, advancement, pardon or anything in the world, be allowed the same considerations as a normal person under investigation? Because of the MDA they can negotiate any agreement they want with co-defendents (subjects) to falsify testimony and not have to pay any consequences due to the DOJ memo and pardon powers.

FWIW A President being unindictable is not a part of the Constitution as far as I'm aware. What line can he cross where he would be indictable? Can he kidnap and detain the Supreme Court and declare martial law? Is that how we roll now? Can't touch him cuz he's The Monarch? And when/if he refused to recognize the Constitutional duty of HOR to vote to impeach him can he just ignore them and refuse to answer to subpoenas? I'm just curious to see how far this goes.

Edited by Bob Ness

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 8:07 PM, John Butler said:

"Trump is a traitor and he's going down."

In the last 3 years, I have seen nothing in these madcap, fake MSM / Democrat scenarios that would indicate Donald Trump is a traitor or a criminal."

Trump withheld military aid to Ukraine in return for a favor -- blame Ukrainians for the 2016 election meddling, and launch phony investigations into Joe Biden and his son.

It's a crime to solicit foreign influence in an American election.

Has Donald Trump been indicted for a crime?  Has he been tried in court?  Has he been found guilty of being a traitor or a criminal by a court?  Has the House of Representatives brought impeachment articles?  Has the Senate tried those imaginary impeachment articles?  Has he been removed by the Senate?   

Until these conditions are met all is sound and fury offering spite and invective and little else.

49 minutes ago, John Butler said:

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 8:07 PM, John Butler said:

"Trump is a traitor and he's going down."

In the last 3 years, I have seen nothing in these madcap, fake MSM / Democrat scenarios that would indicate Donald Trump is a traitor or a criminal."

Trump withheld military aid to Ukraine in return for a favor -- blame Ukrainians for the 2016 election meddling, and launch phony investigations into Joe Biden and his son.

It's a crime to solicit foreign influence in an American election.

Has Donald Trump been indicted for a crime?  Has he been tried in court?  Has he been found guilty of being a traitor or a criminal by a court?  Has the House of Representatives brought impeachment articles?  Has the Senate tried those imaginary impeachment articles?  Has he been removed by the Senate?   

Until these conditions are met all is sound and fury offering spite and invective and little else.

Trying to say there is no political cost to his attitudes and actions? How about at the voting booth?

I guess we've wandered of topic now. Sorry mods....

2 hours ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Sebastian Gorka is a Hungarian fascist.

The fascists grow desperate and shrill as Trump implodes.

1 hour ago, John Butler said:

Has Donald Trump been indicted for a crime? 

A sitting President cannot be indicted for a crime.  Robert Mueller indicated in his House testimony that Trump would have been indicted for obstruction of justice if he wasn't President.

Michael Cohen was sentenced to 3 years in prison for campaign finance felonies he committed under Trump's direction.

Has he been tried in court?  Has he been found guilty of being a traitor or a criminal by a court?

Once the American people give this scum the boot he'll face multiple trials.

Has the House of Representatives brought impeachment articles? 

Only a matter of time.

Has the Senate tried those imaginary impeachment articles?  Has he been removed by the Senate?   

A Trump defender railing against spite, invective, sound and fury...Savor the irony, gentle reader!

Edited by Cliff Varnell

Take a look at this press conference, from about the 34 minute mark on, he really gives it to Graham and people like Kristol who want to see us stay in Syria.  I can see why the neo cons don't like this stuff.

Meanwhile, Trump sends troops to Saudi Arabia and continues to aid the Saudi slaughter in Yemen.

By pulling out of the Iran nuke deal Trump pushed the region closer to war.

But the defenders of Trumpian fascism celebrate when Trump betrays our Kurdish allies and plunges north-east Syria into war and ethnic cleansing.

A real peacenik, that Trump!

Edited by Cliff Varnell

4 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Meanwhile, Trump sends troops to Saudi Arabia and continues to aid the Saudi slaughter in Yemen.

By pulling out of the Iran nuke deal Trump pushed the region closer to war.

But the defenders of Trumpian fascism celebrate when Trump betrays our Kurdish allies and plunges north-east Syria into war and ethnic cleansing.

A real peacenik, that Trump!

Trump does not one thing from virtue. Agreed. His entire view of the world starts with "how does it effect me?" How anyone can miss the clinical narcissism is beyond me.

From my understanding, Jaworski wrestled with this idea for months on end during Watergate.

He came to the conclusion that one could not indict a sitting president and that the Constitutional method was impeachment, and perhaps indicting him later once he was out of office.

Its not what the Constitution does not say, its what it says.