The Education Forum

Useful JFKA Books For a Toilet Paper Crisis?

Ron Bulman suggested today that he may have to use some of his Noam Chomsky books in the event of a coronavirus pandemic toilet paper shortage.

(Thanks for the Friday the 13th laugh, Ron.  I needed it.)  🤪

My question for the forum.  Which JFKA books could be judiciously used as emergency toilet paper?

I don't own Reclaiming History, and I already gave away my copy of Roger Stone's book, Nixon's Secrets, as a white elephant Christmas party gift.

Edited by W. Niederhut

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Case Closed, by Gerald Posner

Conspiracy of One: The Definitive Book on the Kennedy Assassination, by Jim Moore

Oh no David.

Dulles made a mistake telling them to print all that stuff.

Its useful in impeaching the Warren Report.

7 minutes ago, Larry Hancock said:

Jim's right, look how much Sylvia M. managed to do with it alone ... 

But one could, theoretically, keep Sylvia Meagher's summary, Accessories After the Fact,  and get a lot of TP out of the multi-volume WCR.   🤪

6 hours ago, S.T. Patrick said:

What about the Waldron books? And I'm including the Watergate book since its more of a JFK assassination book anyway.

Legacy of Secrecy is in the box(es) with Chomsky's trash to be disposed of.  I hate destroying books but some are better never read by anyone as they are (purposefully) misleading.

In the boxes also are Jackie O. (wife's), 26 seconds in Dallas by Alexandra Zapruder, Regicide, LBJ Mastermind by Nelson and Files on JFK.

We could add Mortal Error to the list, thank fully I didn't waste my time or money on it.

Hopefully I won't need them for TP.  But the Grocery store shelf for it and paper towels was empty tonight, as well as the bread shelves but for hot dog buns, several bulk frozen vegetable shelves.  No flour tortillas.  

Edited by Ron Bulman

52 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Legacy of Secrecy is in the box(es) with Chomsky's trash to be disposed of.  I hate destroying books but some are better never read by anyone as they are (purposefully) misleading.

In the boxes also are Jackie O. (wife's), 26 seconds in Dallas by Alexandra Zapruder, Regicide, LBJ Mastermind by Nelson and Files on JFK.

We could add Mortal Error to the list, thank fully I didn't waste my time or money on it.

Hopefully I won't need them for TP.  But the Grocery store shelf for it and paper towels was empty tonight, as well as the bread shelves but for hot dog buns, several bulk frozen vegetable shelves.  No flour tortillas.  

Well, Ron, it's a good thing you bought that case of bourbon.   🤪

It reminds me of Walker Percy's novel, Love in the Ruins, where the protagonist buys a case of bourbon before the Apocalypse.

13 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Well, Ron, it's a good thing you bought that case of bourbon.   🤪

It reminds me of Walker Percy's novel, Love in the Ruins, where the protagonist buys a case of bourbon before the Apocalypse.

Wish I'd of thought to buy tortillas previously.  Fajita's, wraps, burrito's breakfast burrito's, so convenient and useful. 

10 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

Why are people buying up the toilet paper?  Is there some underpublicized alimentary component to the disease that I've neglected to notice?  Something visceral and slippery?

Yossarian, Yossarian...

Catch 22 was one of the most beautifully photographed films of the era by the late, lamented David Watkin.

That was when Mike Nichols was really a director who's work you looked forward to.

He checked out with Day of the Dolphin. From then on, he did not do a feature film worth seeing.  Oddly, he did do two TV films that were pretty distinguished: Angels in America and Wit. The latter is especially good--well acted, forcefully directed, adroitly edited--  I would advise anyone who has not seen it to check it out.

Edited by James DiEugenio