The Education Forum

Has anyone attempted to explain....

John Dugan

Why was Oswald not firing on the motorcade before it turned on Elm? He would have had a wide open shot at the President coming down Houston. But wait till the last second and shoot.

And why Dealey Plaza? Of all the places an assassin could get to JFK, Dealey Plaza hardly seems like a assassin friendly shooting range.....

(these are just thoughts I have when I watch these shows on tv)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question. A shooter would have had a good line of sight when the limo came down Houston. Of course, everyone would then look at the window and perhaps see the rifle. That might have made escape more difficult, but not impossible.

Why was Oswald not firing on the motorcade before it turned on Elm? He would have had a wide open shot at the President coming down Houston. But wait till the last second and shoot.

And why Dealey Plaza? Of all the places an assassin could get to JFK, Dealey Plaza hardly seems like a assassin friendly shooting range.....

Hi John,

Maybe the sniper who shot JFK in the head did shoot him as he was coming towards him behind the fence on the Grassy Knoll

Why do you think Oswald was in the window at all?

If Oswald was on the second floor in the vestibule of the lunchroom two minutes after the last shot when he was confronted by Dallas cop, and entered the vestibule from the south as he must have to be seen through the closed door window, then he didn't come down those stairs and enter the lunchroom through that door.

And since a man was positively seen in the sniper's window four minutes after the last shot, two minutes after Oswald was seen on the second floor, then who was that person if not the sixth floor sniper?

Someone was in that window with a gun, but it wasn't Oswald, so your assumption negates an accurate answer.

Why didn't the Sixth Floor Sniper shoot his target as it came towards him down Houston?

I would ask a real sniper.

A hunter I know, who wasn't in the military, said that Dealey Plaza was a great place for a kill, and the Sixth Floor a natural de.

er stand.

And John,

did you ever caddy for Willie?

Bill Kelly

Edited by William Kelly

The head-on shot on Houston would have prevented the limo from entering the true kill zone, where David Ferrie's vaunted "triangulation of fire" would be in effect, and the combination of multiple silenced and unsilenced weapons would insure confusion over shot direction, down to conflicting witness testimony.

Maybe a useful question is, why would triangulation and multiple shooters be necessary, if it was all to be pinned on one man with a matchable "pristine bullet?" To provide options for explanation? To guarantee total confusion? If the latter, it surely succeeded.

The head-on shot on Houston would have prevented the limo from entering the true kill zone, where David Ferrie's vaunted "triangulation of fire" would be in effect, and the combination of multiple silenced and unsilenced weapons would insure confusion over shot direction, down to conflicting witness testimony.

Maybe a useful question is, why would triangulation and multiple shooters be necessary, if it was all to be pinned on one man with a matchable "pristine bullet?" To provide options for explanation? To guarantee total confusion? If the latter, it surely succeeded.

What David just said was real close to what I was going to post, that is the way I see it

David Quote...''The head-on shot on Houston would have prevented the limo from entering the true kill zone, where David Ferrie's vaunted "triangulation of fire" would be in effect, and the combination of multiple silenced and unsilenced weapons would insure confusion over shot direction, down to conflicting witness testimony.

Maybe a useful question is, why would triangulation and multiple shooters be necessary, if it was all to be pinned on one man with a matchable "pristine bullet?" To provide options for explanation? To guarantee total confusion? If the latter, it surely succeeded.''

The triangulation of fire made damn sure JFK did not get out of Dealey alive.....they knew they would and did have control of all evidence etc..all was controlled they therefore would have no concerns pinning it on just the one chosen patsy...the rest they could and did cover and confuse..and why we still go round the bush that was deliberate.and it worked...imo..B :blink:

Edited by Bernice Moore

David Quote...''The head-on shot on Houston would have prevented the limo from entering the true kill zone, where David Ferrie's vaunted "triangulation of fire" would be in effect, and the combination of multiple silenced and unsilenced weapons would insure confusion over shot direction, down to conflicting witness testimony.

Maybe a useful question is, why would triangulation and multiple shooters be necessary, if it was all to be pinned on one man with a matchable "pristine bullet?" To provide options for explanation? To guarantee total confusion? If the latter, it surely succeeded.''

The triangulation of fire made damn sure JFK did not get out of Dealey alive.....they knew they would and did have control of all evidence etc..all was controlled they therefore would have no concerns pinning it on just the one chosen patsy...the rest they could and did cover and confuse..and why we still go round the bush that was deliberate.and it worked...imo..B :blink:

i think this shooting diagram is pretty good. I like the dal-tex building shooter (perfect spot), and the knoll shooter along with the shooting from the west end of the TSBD...........but to think that The Umbrella Man had ANYTHING to do with the shooting is realllllly stretching it. There is already a perfect explanation as to why TUM was there and what he was doing. To think that he could take a shot, and hit his target with some kind of device with any sort of accuracy is not physically possible, imho.

I agree, the "triangular shooting dance" could only happen if the motorcade was coming down Elm. It just seems that there were other spots along the route where shooters could have been placed. I guess if I were questioning the "lone assassin" theory I would ask why did LHO wait till the worst time to take the shot(s). That was my original thought. A'course I dont believe that theory, so its a moot point.

The Dal Tex building, to me, is the most under-discussed sniper nest in all of Dealey Plaza.

Why Dealey Plaza? Simple. The opportunistic assassin just happened to work there. If the motorcade hadn't passed the TSBD on 22 November 1963, JFK might still be alive today.

Why Dealey Plaza? Simple. The opportunistic assassin just happened to work there. If the motorcade hadn't passed the TSBD on 22 November 1963, JFK might still be alive today.

Now why didn't I think of that? You are not paying attention Paul. Oswald could not have been in position to fire the shots. You are right about one thing though, Oswald did "happen" to work there which made him a great patsy. Furthermore, it doesn't matter who fired the shots, the Secret Service still did not move to protect the president when the shots rang out. That inaction is clear evidence of involvement in the murder. Analysis of the crime scene (Dealy Plaza) shows that no security arrangements were made whatsoever. Not a building was secured and people were allowed to be anywhere, including the Dal Tex building and *railroad overpass, the south knoll and so called grassy knoll area.(with a parking lot behind the fenced area, making for an easy escape)

It is too obvious.

* I recall someone posting about Bush's motorcade passing an interstate overpass at high speed yet there were State Troopers guarding that overpass. They knew what needed to be done in 1963. Kellerman sure sprang into action at Parkland when the locals wanted to keep Kennedy's body. He was no fool, nor was the Service at that time.

Edited by Peter McGuire

Oswald could not have been in position to fire the shots.

I bet he wished he'd never bothered taking his rifle into work that day.

The perpetrators were certainly smart people. They even had the power to alter the weather at the last moment to ensure that the bubble top on the presidential limousine was removed.

It is too obvious.

Take a look at the evidence Peter. It all points to a rather obvious conclusion. Some might even say it's a no-brainer.

Well, I was trying to answer it in terms of the original question, a schoolteacherly habit. If I was lecturing, I would have made my case along different lines. Wish I could do that in a classroom.

The perpetrators were certainly smart people. They even had the power to alter the weather at the last moment to ensure that the bubble top on the presidential limousine was removed.

It is too obvious.

Take a look at the evidence Peter. It all points to a rather obvious conclusion. Some might even say it's a no-brainer.

Two HUGE facts to remember:

NO witness can say with 100% certainty that Oswald carried THAT rifle into the TSBD on Friday, November 22, 1963, or on any other day.

NO witness can place Oswald in ANY 6th floor window with ANY rifle at the time the fatal shots were fired.

These two facts create reasonable doubt that Oswald is the murderer. And at a trial, it wouldn't have taken a Clarence Darrow to have gotten Oswald acquitted by a REASONABLE jury...not that a REASONABLE jury could've been found in Texas in 1964 [when the trial would've been held, had there been one]. And since shooting the President wasn't a federal crime in 1963, the FBI's [mis]handling of the evidence, even by 1963 standards, would've played into a defense attorney's hands.

NOW...addressing the original question: As a deer hunter, I have shot at deer moving towards me, and I have shot at deer moving away from me. And I've killed several deer over the past 30 years. IMHO, the ideal shot is one in which the deer is neither coming towards me NOR going away from me, but one in which the distance between the shooter and the target remains relatively constant. In terms of a 6th floor shooter, that would approximate the first shot to JFK's back.

Not saying that's why the alleged 6th floor assassin picked the shot he allegedly did; just saying that's how I'd have done it, had I been the one shooting.

And since deer don't shoot back, I can't base this theory on experience; but IMHO, if the shooter has chosen to make his shot while the limo was on Houston Street, odds were that the SS, looking up, would've more easlly spotted the shooter and returned fire. As I said, JMHO,your mileage may vary, and alcohol may intensify any side effects.

John, even if one discounts the practical argument that Oswald worked at the TSBD, Dealey Plaza--particularly that segment of Dealey Plaza--was an ideal location for an assassination attempt.

Why?

1. The turn from Houston onto Elm necessitated the limo's cutting its speed roughly in half. Since it was leading a motorcade, moreover, it would not rapidly increase its speed after completing the turn. This was a huge advantage.

2. Elm Street after the turn ran directly away from The Dal-Tex Building. This would serve as as a second huge advantage for a shooter in that location.

3. By having a shooter in the Dal-Tex, the trajectories of the TSBD sniper's nest window would be closely replicated, increasing the chance the shooting could be blamed on a lone "commie".

4. By firing the shots when the limo was heading down Elm, by the knoll, the illusion could be created that the shots came from the front, or even from the south. This would help add to the confusion, and help insure the escape of the snipers.

It is too obvious.

my goodness, a young lone nutter - how quaint.... So, one and ALL, hear this now: the SBT/WCR/LHO did it all by his lonesome nuttter-xxxxx legacy will live for another 90 days. Cheers.... LMFAO!

It must have been real hard to get off three shots from the 2nd floor lunchroom