The Education Forum

"The Dirty Secret of the Secret Service"- article of the century!

Great article and summary of your crucial research.

Vince - are you willing to postulate how this all happened? In your opinion who are the guilty men? Who made the fateful decisions, such as not securing the buildings along the route, not putting an agent in the presidential limo, etc? There are so many instances of unprecedented security breaches. Could it have been just a few agents in charge on the ground in Dallas? Do you think the Big Brass of the outfit were culpable?

As I spell out in my book, it only took THREE men:

ASAIC Floyd Boring (the planner of the Texas trip from the Secret Service angle; in charge of all advance work during JFK era; originator of false JFK-told-us-not-to-ride-on-rear-of-limo fable between 11/19-11/21/63);

ATSAIC (Shift Leader) Emory Roberts (commander of follow-up car agents; disgusted with JFK's private life; ordered two agents back at Love Field+Ready on Elm+ ORDERED AGENTS NOT TO MOVE WHEN SHOOTING BEGAN; became WAY too close to LBJ immediately after [before?])

SA William Greer (SA Thomas B Shipman, one of the other drivers, DIED 10/14/63 at Camp David of a--ahem---"heart attack", allowing SA Henry Rybka to join the detail [he was one of the two ordered back at Love Field] and for Greer to assume full-time driving of JFK [shipman drove JFK many times, as well...last assignment: late September 1963 at the Pinchot Estate...!]). What did Greer think of Kennedy??? As his son Richard told me: "Well, we're Methodists...and JFK was Catholic". Bill Greer was born and raised in County Tyrone, Ireland...

The rest were following orders and/ or negligent and/ or drinking (like the false hero, Clint Hill, the Jessica Lynch of the 1960's. oh, we love our heroes, don't we??? he has made millions * off three books and, while still married, is 81 years old---has a 56 year old son---and is with 48-year-old Lisa McCubbin, as verified BY Hill in an online news article...I am sure it is love, not money or control...ahem. Lisa's dad was in military intelligence--JUST a coincidence...ahem)

*400,000+ sales between all three books [not including advance $, movie advance/ rights, etc]...you do the math :o) ALSO: there will be a MOVIE based on Blaine's garbage

Edited by Vince Palamara

Thanks - any indication they were following orders? I know its a tall order, and you've done enough to prove complicity. I have to think if it was just the three you mentioned, they had to have been connected to a larger plot, and not just withdrawing protection hoping someone would shoot.

David A, David J, and Paul- thanks!

Well, the book would have been hundreds of pages longer if I wanted to speculate beyond the evidence that is there. Beyond the top tier (Boring, Roberts, and Greer), if I was forced to add more, the next rung WOULD be Kellerman, Sorrels, and Lawson and/or Grant.

Example: it is so excruciatingly tempting to go beyond the evidence of the death of SA Tom Shipman on 10/14/63 (last major trip: to the Mary Pinchot Meyer estate- no joke) and say "he was rubbed out by the CIA"...but I just cannot go there. You can THINK that, sure...but to write that in the book would have been silly.

thanks, Gary- same to you!

:sun

Ken- you may be looking for a long time LOL! I would just get it off Amazon. The book has sold remarkably well (ESPECIALLY the kindle, even as of late) despite no book tour, no agent, no publicity, and hardly in bookstores. I am just a regular guy with a day job and a life.

Congratulations Vince. You deserve the recognition for your tireless research and work. I cannot though, for the life of me, understand why anyone would say that Mr. Clint Hill did not do his job on November 22, 1963. Roy Kellerman, on the other hand, could probably have saved the president's life, but, he did nothing.

Mr Hill said himself, on many occasions, that if he had moved just moments sooner, he could have made it to the president. He punished himself for many years on a daily basis and, i believe, still does today. Say what you will about the others, but Clint Hill was a hero that day. He was just a little too late.