The Education Forum

Allen Dulles and his secret behind Kennedy's assassintion

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim. - I have the feeling no one else has read either Talbot or Newman.

I've read both Newman's books, but too long ago to discuss in specifics, as I worked from library copies. I want to have a second go, as the Oswald book is difficult to find elsewhere. Wonder why.

I got Talbot's Devil's Chessboard from the library and read it hurriedly, as there's a long wait list. I can give some impressions later this week.

Now we are six, Yul Brynner.

Edited by David Andrews

So, who will be Horst Bucholz?

Still, Allen Dulles didn't give orders. He took them.

Then the question is, from whom? It's like the old question about God creating the universe. The next question is then, who created God? An infinite regression.

Does the book reveal who gave Dulles his orders, and from whom those orders were passed?

Brian,

The reason I cling to the idea that Dulles took no part in JFK's murder is that although he had reasons to dislike and oppose JFK, so did many other individuals, both foreign and domestic. Dulles just doesn't stand out to me as a candidate for planning the assassination. He stood to gain nothing from JFK's murder.

Just my opinion.

Ron,

Everyone here hates Allen Dulles and Richard Nixon. Some here, like I, loathe LBJ.

I loathe LBJ so much I call him the worst U.S. President. I cheered and went out drinking in college when he announced he wouldn't run for re-election. And I was and am a political conservative.

I didn't despise LBJ because of the Civil Rights Act. I supported Black Equality, and still do.

I despised LBJ because of the Viet Nam war. A war I joined voluntarily.

Yes I despise LBJ. And I'm a fan of Richard Nixon.

LBJ had no hand in killing JFK. Neither did Nixon.

Ron,

Everyone here hates Allen Dulles and Richard Nixon. Some here, like I, loathe LBJ.

I loathe LBJ so much I call him the worst U.S. President. I cheered and went out drinking in college when he announced he wouldn't run for re-election. And I was and am a political conservative.

I didn't despise LBJ because of the Civil Rights Act. I supported Black Equality, and still do.

I despised LBJ because of the Viet Nam war. A war I joined voluntarily.

Yes I despise LBJ. And I'm a fan of Richard Nixon.

LBJ had no hand in killing JFK. Neither did Nixon.

I'd have to agree with you. I'm from Texas and hated LBJ. After Bobby was killed, I supported Nixon but was disappointed he took so long to get us out of Nam. Most of my friends were for McGovern and quit talking to me because of the election. Go figure.

Watergate was his downfall and I thought it was a bit of a setup, and he a bit of a patsy, when it went down.

Sticking us with our first un-elected President, Ford, was a travesty. He of the "the WC is a Gibraltar that will stand for ages" BS.

Forgive my ignorance, but, everyone counting, these 8-10 believe what exactly? That Dulles was the mastermind behind the assassination? And, how could the longest standing DCI not give orders? Like I said, please forgive my ignorance, sometimes when I look in the mirror I ask myself why I look so stupid. However, I always assumed the DCIs direct boss was/is the president. smh....

Edited by Scott Kaiser

Scot:

What you'll get when you read Talbot's book is the fact that Dulles betrayed every President that he ever "served" (and I use that word loosely). From FDR to Truman, and then Eisenhower...up to and including Kennedy. He had his own selfish agenda, and everyone knew it.

Justice Goldberg called him a traitor ... pretty strong words, if you ask me. His mistress (as well as his wife, if she were honest) would likely characterize him as essentially a Nazi, although their nickname for him was the "shark".

In fairness to Talbot, the book is less about who masterminded the JFK hit, and more about the dark sides of Allen Welsh Dulles. As an informed person once told me (when asked his opinion of who did it): "What makes you think that the JFK plot was the worst thing that he ever did?"

Gene