The Education Forum

Who was Jack Ruby?

Paul Brancato

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone here elaborate on this Dallas Morning News article about the FBI receiving a tip warning of Oswald's killing?

The photo is so small you can't read the print.

I have not heard of this article and the FBI Oswald killing warning tip it reports.

gfXikVuTB4Av4kntJgdETtVAha9eLQ4biGNab2qQ

Possible related search: lee harvey oswald shot
Edited by Joe Bauer

4 hours ago, Bart Kamp said:

Documents and pix of Jack Ruby.

Thanks to Malcolm Blunt, digitising by me.

Thank You and Mr. Blunt.  Just a quick peruse shows much more reading required, I've already spied one item of particular interest I've never seen before.

Also, in Gary Fanin's book, The Innocence of Oswald, there is an interesting anecdote from the bell captain at the Adolphus Hotel, Nicky Nichols.

Nichols knew Ruby since he popped in every once in awhile, he was usually very upbeat and extroverted.  And he would always try and give him a free pass card to the Carousel.  Nichols would always refuse saying his wife would kill him if she knew he was there.

On the evening of the 21st, Ruby popped into the Adolphus.  Except this time he did not seem upbeat  and he looked distracted.  Again, he tried to give Nicky a card, but when Nicky refused, this time he pulled a pen out of Nichol's jacket and signed the card on the back and gave it to him, telling him, "You keep this card, its going to be worth something one day!"

That one predates the fireworks story.

Edited by James DiEugenio

6 hours ago, Bart Kamp said:

Documents and pix of Jack Ruby.

Thanks to Malcolm Blunt, digitising by me.

These pages are really interesting. You just click on them to enlarge them.

Fascinating stuff about Ruby you never read about in the Warren Commission Report.

Nancy Perrin Rich's tale from Mark Lane's documentary interview of her concerning Ruby seems more and more credible.

Edited by Joe Bauer

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Also, in Gary Fanin's book, The Innocence of Oswald, there is an interesting anecdote from the bell captain at the Adolphus Hotel, Nicky Nichols.

Nichols knew Ruby since he popped in every once in awhile, he was usually very upbeat and extroverted.  And he would always try and give him a free pass card to the Carousel.  Nichols would always refuse saying his wife would kill him if she knew he was there.

On the evening of the 21st, Ruby popped into the Adolphus.  Except this time he did not seem upbeat  and he looked distracted.  Again, he tried to give Nicky a card, but when Nicky refuse, this time he pulled a pen out of Nichol's jacket and signed the card on the back and gave it to him, telling him, "You keep this card, its going to be worth something one day!"

So intriguing.

How close was the Adolphus to the Carousel Club?

1 hour ago, Joe Bauer said:

So intriguing.

How close was the Adolphus to the Carousel Club?

It was across the street.  The Carousel was upstairs through the entrance to the left of the BBQ joint underneath it.  To the left of this past the parking garage* is the entrance to the Colony Club and next the Enrique Press and Shine shop.  Where Ruby got his clothes cleaned and his shoes shined, and visited with acquaintances . 

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&id=B87E3A3657DCCAAF1E36D05B480180936CD1A1FB&thid=OIP.BPacWWHX3Vv4maKf8-LwwgHaE-&mediaurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2F736x%2F4c%2F34%2Fe1%2F4c34e197587872e1490c733592001dca--mobsters-jack-oconnell.jpg&exph=399&expw=594&q=carousel+club+dallas+1963+location&selectedindex=3&ajaxhist=0&vt=0

*  I think this is likely the parking garage referred to by others in the past where Ruby supposedly spent an hour or two conversing with a Dallas cop and one of Ruby's strippers at 1-2 AM on 11/23/63.  

Edited by Ron Bulman

2 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

On the evening of the 21st, Ruby popped into the Adolphus.  Except this time he did not seem upbeat  and he looked distracted.  Again, he tried to give Nicky a card, but when Nicky refuse, this time he pulled a pen out of Nichol's jacket and signed the card on the back and gave it to him, telling him, "You keep this card, its going to be worth something one day!"

And gives further credence to Ruby having foreknowledge of the assassination.  Even though if he watched it from the Postal Annex across Main and Commerce that means he did not participate in IT.

This is the guy Ruby took as his head lawyer, from the team of lawyers defending him when he was convicted.  Smith brought in Dr. Jollyon West from OU who some speculate may have hypnotized Ruby.  But he won him an appeal for a new trial.  I think.  Correct me, please.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WyKEuHna_3CYy8JmWzUWYSLc3PmVpNK_

Edited by Ron Bulman

11 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

These pages are really interesting. You just click on them to enlarge them.

Fascinating stuff about Ruby you never read about in the Warren Commission Report.

Nancy Perrin Rich's tale from Mark Lane's documentary interview of her concerning Ruby seems more and more credible.

Joe,

If you go to this collection

and click on the Donnel Darius Whittier pdf

Go to Page 2.

Compare the account of John Elrod to the after-action report filed by Parolman Kenneth Anderton on December 1, 1963.

On December 1, 1963 Richard Borchgardt (who had appeared in a lineup alongside Lee Harvey Oswald) told Patrolman Kenneth Anderton that he had information that Jack Ruby was involved in a gun running scheme involving Lawrence Miller, et.al.

Portal to Texas History John F. Kennedy Memorial Collection

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth338950/?q=Anderton

I believe that Borchgardt was Elrod's un-remembered cellmate and who named the four other men who were present in the motel with Ruby that John Elrod described.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

5 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Joe,

If you go this collection

and click on the Donnel Darius Whittier pdf

Go to Page 2.

Compare the account of John Elrod to the after-action report filed by Parolman Kenneth Anderton on December 1, 1963.

On December 1, 1963 Richard Borchgardt (who had appeared in a lineup alongside Lee Harvey Oswald) told Patrolman Kenneth Anderton that he had information that Jack Ruby was involved in a gun running scheme involving Lawrence Miller, et.al.

Portal to Texas History John F. Kennedy Memorial Collection

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth338950/?q=Anderton

I believe that Borchgardt was Elrod's un-remembered cellmate and who named the four other men who were present in the motel with Ruby that John Elrod described.

Steve Thomas

Yes Steve. I have read the pages regards Donnell Whittier & John Elrod etc.

Thanks for the referral.

Elrod of course was featured on one of those TV tabloid shows years ago.

I always found the Mark Lane interview of Nancy Hamilton ( Perrin Rich? ) intriguing and revealing to say the least.

She herself seemed like an unpredictable edge type character with a history of disfunctional domestic, marital ( ex-con husbands?) and parenthood issues and at the same time involved in many odd work and travel experiences ( all around the country ) such as informant positions for different police departments, working the bar for Jack Ruby in his Dallas club, working as a prostitute and later involved with some equestrian business in the North East U.S. when Lane interviewed her?

But clearly a very street smart sharp sounding person as well.

We learn through her account of working for Jack Ruby in his club what a xxxx District Attorney Henry Wade was in his act of pretending not to know Jack Ruby as well as he did including his actual coming into the Carousel Club for drinks. Same with Chief Curry in his downplaying how many DPD officers knew Jack Ruby.

Her account of the gun running meeting where Jack Ruby appeared as the bag man ( the money payout person ) is sounding more credible in cross referencing other sources that are shown in the pages above.

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEZCNACELwBSFXyq4

How tight was Jack Ruby with the Dallas Police and how many officers did he know ? In this interview with Mark Lane, former ...

Edited by Joe Bauer

15 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Jim,

I once tried to determine if Nicky Nichols was related to Alice Nichols, Ruby's girlfriend of eleven years or so.

I didn't get very far into that research.

Steve Thomas

What happened?