The Education Forum

Yes, Oswald was an Intelligence agent

Angleton was so 'embarrassed' by his ,one friendship with Kim Philby he had all his notes of meeting with Philby etc burned.

Really? As for Marina, a hall of mirrors. 29 questions dreamed up by who? Why?

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul,

If you ever are in the Princeton, NJ area you could ask to see Dulles' file on Philby.

http://findingaids.princeton.edu/collections/MC019/c01721

The fact is that the CIA admitted that only about 10 percent of the "several hundred" feet of Angleton's files were incorporated into the general CIA databases and the rest were destroyed. So, even if Angleton had not destroyed his Philby file, Charles Briggs' crew of analysts probably would have.

IMO, those were mostly all interesting questions about Marina. At times the HSCA did some good work, mostly classified.

I should add, Hosty also had questions about her. And in the Titovets book Oswald: Russian Episode, he makes a fascinating theorem as to how the KGB arranged Oswald's initial meeting with Marina. And let us not forget, Earl Warren was so suspicious of Marina he had the FBI wiretap her. Perhaps on the info in the Martin allegations.

One last point, Russell never bought Marina, and neither did Cooper or Boggs.

Finally, what was she doing with PJM for all those years? And why would she be part of such a horrendous lie of a book?

Edited by James DiEugenio

Yes Tommy - apparently dreamed up by Deryabin, a spook, double agent, who knows what.

Dear Paul,

What if he had said, "It's very unlikely that Marina is a spy." Would you still disbelieve him?

How do you choose whom to believe in a situation like this?

Should we automatically disbelieve all KGB defectors?

Do you think Deryabin asks any valid questions at all about Marina?

Did you know that the KGB tried to kill him when he was living in Canada?

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/08/31/world/peter-deriabin-71-a-moscow-defector-who-joined-cia.html

-- Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

Shortly after arriving in the United States, Mr. Deriabin continued his career in intelligence, but with the C.I.A. According to the C.I.A.'s announcement of his death, Mr. Deriabin's knowledge of K.G.B. workings was of "incalculable value to the national security" and provided a foundation for the West's knowledge of the agency.

He was also convinced that if Marina wasn't KGB before she met Oswald, that she was by day two after she met him.

DERYABIN'S COMMENTS ON NOSENKO'S ANSWERS GIVEN IN FOLLOW-UP REPORT ON THE OSWALD CASE

Fascinating commentary, you don't really even need to see Nosenko's comments. On top of everything else, Deryabin make no bones that he thinks Nosenko is plant.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=6742&search=Marina_and+KGB#relPageId=2&tab=page

Note that throughout the report Nosenko is referred to as "N" and Oswald is simply "O".

Shortly after arriving in the United States, Mr. Deriabin continued his career in intelligence, but with the C.I.A. According to the C.I.A.'s announcement of his death, Mr. Deriabin's knowledge of K.G.B. workings was of "incalculable value to the national security" and provided a foundation for the West's knowledge of the agency.

He was also convinced that if Marina wasn't KGB before she met Oswald, that she was by day two after she met him.

Chris,

If true (and I have no reason to think that it isn't), then it sounds like the KGB made Marina an offer she couldn't refuse.

-- Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

Jim,

This may be the document that you mentioned concerning Marina's possible intelligence connections:

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=95568#relPageId=79&tab=page

That’s it!!! Megathanks, Chris.
To me, even just examining the Official Stories®, it’s as obvious that Marina was a Russian intelligence agent as it is that “Lee Harvey Oswald” was an American agent. Neither government would have given the general license they did to either one of these folks had they been just common civilians.
CIA_on_Marina_29_Quest.png?dl=0

Yes, but I can think of only two explanations for Marina's obvious pursuit of both Webster and "Oswald."

1. That she wanted to use any American man as a get-out-of-Russia card.

2. That she was a Russian intel honey trap for American "defectors."

Considering all we know, and the many problems associated with point 1 above, I vote for point 2.

Well, many of you are on this Marina was KGB bandwagon. Could one of you put that in practical terms? As in, if she was, what was she up to? What was KGB up to? Who is Marina now?

Tommy - in answer to your specific question about whether I would believe Deryabin if he said different things than he did? No. Apparently Angleton is no mystery to any of you either. Chris says Angleton's files would have been destroyed anyway. Is that really the point? Angleton had some 'splainin' to do about Philbin and he did the opposite.

I don't believe, as all of you apparently do, that KGB and CIA were firmly on opposite sides of some great divide.