The Education Forum

My letter to The Archivist of the U.S. about Nixon's secret time capsule hidden in the White House

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2018/03/01

Investigative reporter Linda Moulton Howe presents an in-depth discussion about a reported "time capsule" letter handwritten by President Richard Nixon disclosing a "message to the American people about UFOs and ETs." Robert Merritt, who worked with Nixon, is coping with an incurable cancer and wants to make sure the time capsule is revealed before his death.

Edited by Douglas Caddy

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doug, Merritt's claim, if true, represents something simply too scary for most average people who don't really want to acknowledge or face something so beyond their psychologically safe zone reality.

Regards this particular subject ( ET presence on Earth )  if given a choice between it possibly being true and being told about it by our official government or "not" being told about it officially, I believe most would still rather "not" be told about it. Yes, even if true.

It's a subject most don't even want to talk about.

That "can't handle the truth", "head in the sand" mentality is born out of fear. Fear of the unknown which we all have. A not unnatural or even irrational emotion in certain situations. Especially this one.

And the fear aspect perception of the ET presence on Earth subject has been hugely fed to the general public in every form of media for almost 100 years now. 

Just in my generation I have seen aliens depicted so frighteningly so many times in films such as "The Thing", "The Blob", "20 Million Miles From Earth", "Invasion Of The Body Snatchers" and so many others from the 1950s and becoming even more frightening and numerous in later decades with films such as "Alien", "Predator" "Independence Day" ... you name it. Also TV shows like "The Invaders."

Face sucking, body impregnating, human body eating, devilish looking creatures.

And add in the thousands of books and personal stories of alien encounters and even abductions, half of which depict our Alien visitors as having less than benevolent interest in our human race well being.  Read "David Jacobs."

This scary negative fearful perception of Alien visitors is world wide.

If one were to ask persons who have reported well known Alien abductions or close up interactions if they would go through this again if they had a choice, my guess is almost all would say ..."no way."

My point is, there will never be any real public majority support encouraging or emboldening the release of Nixon's letter in my opinion. The subject is too frightening.

Doug, I have however, always agreed with you regards JFK and the ET subject. Those that controlled that folder would never have allowed JFK  to share that with the general population ... and with our greatest political and military threat enemy.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Doug, is there any way your friend Robert Merritt could communicate on this forum ( through you ) regards perhaps answering a few questions from our members?

Of course, trying to keep the discussion somehow JFK related would be tough.

I watched the video. I wanted to ask Mr. Merritt what is truly motivating him in his end-of-life efforts regards this subject?   Is it a heartfelt concern for others being kept in the dark about important truths that he thinks they should know for the betterment of their lives and their children's and grandchildren's lives?

I "thought" I heard Mr. Merritt state something else in the video that I found quite disturbing.

If I got this right ( and I might not have ) he said he had killed others ( whether or not on orders from his handlers) and that he didn't feel remorse over these killings? Even in his last "life review" days?

Not to get off the fascinating Nixon letter story too much, but if what I "thought" I heard Mr. Merritt say was true, I speculate that he was so damaged by years of failed child protection sex abuse as a child by adult men, that he was left with rage and human feeling disassociation so deep that murdering other adult males in his later adult life without feeling and remorse ... would be a logical extension of those extremely severe emotional injuries.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Merritt himself mentions that Nixon found distasteful the "drag queen" co-identity of one of Merritt's informants.  Homosexuality was something of a hot button issue for Nixon, as the Watergate tapes demonstrate.  Why would Nixon not have had the bona fides of this "ridge runner" thoroughly checked out, in those unliberated times? 

Why would Nixon trust anyone vetted by the kind of spooks that he supposedly pulled Merritt from among?  Was Merritt really a super-performer, or only appropriate in a Parallax View sort of way?  Why would Nixon latch onto Merritt, in all his debilities, and not, for instance, some ordinary-Joe type from the rural heartland? 

The coincidence of Merritt's also being Carl Shoffler's lover and snitch is a bit hard to reconcile with his Nixon adoption legend.

Nixon is alleged here to have been playing too close to several kinds of heat...  Somebody was running a game on somebody, I think.  Or somebody is.

Finally, why did Nixon need Merritt to deliver tapes and documents to Henry Kissinger when Nixon could see Kissinger privately every goddamned day?  Upstairs in the residence, away from the tape recorders: "Here, Henry - slip this in your sock like you're Sandy Berger.  (Who?  Never mind.  The aliens told me.)  Take it home, review it, and we'll talk later.  By the way - your phone's tapped.  Not just by me, by the Rockefellers.  Whom you work for."

Edited by David Andrews

The corpse of Dick Nixon rises from the Yorba Linda loam, shrugging aside the massive, polished black granite block meant to hold him and Pat securely down:

"Am I not sullied enough in the memory of this land?" Nixon cries at us through gory jowls.  "I murdered, stole and slandered for the good of this country..and only incidentally for myself!  But still you'll have Nixon to kick around..."

Hearing Nixon's complaint at the other end of our continent, as if I were a modern Walt Whitman - I shut this video off and put on The Mummy with Tom Cruise.

Edited by David Andrews

18 hours ago, David Andrews said:

Merritt himself mentions that Nixon found distasteful the "drag queen" co-identity of one of Merritt's informants.  Homosexuality was something of a hot button issue for Nixon, as the Watergate tapes demonstrate.  Why would Nixon not have had the bona fides of this "ridge runner" thoroughly checked out, in those unliberated times? 

Why would Nixon trust anyone vetted by the kind of spooks that he supposedly pulled Merritt from among?  Was Merritt really a super-performer, or only appropriate in a Parallax View sort of way?  Why would Nixon latch onto Merritt, in all his debilities, and not, for instance, some ordinary-Joe type from the rural heartland? 

The coincidence of Merritt's also being Carl Shoffler's lover and snitch is a bit hard to reconcile with his Nixon adoption legend.

Nixon is alleged here to have been playing too close to several kinds of heat...  Somebody was running a game on somebody, I think.  Or somebody is.

Finally, why did Nixon need Merritt to deliver tapes and documents to Henry Kissinger when Nixon could see Kissinger privately every goddamned day?  Upstairs in the residence, away from the tape recorders: "Here, Henry - slip this in your sock like you're Sandy Berger.  (Who?  Never mind.  The aliens told me.)  Take it home, review it, and we'll talk later.  By the way - your phone's tapped.  Not just by me, by the Rockefellers.  Whom you work for."

So valid.   And Merritt's possible hit man duties just add to the illogicality of Nixon choosing this particular individual to protect and eventually reveal what may be the greatest secret in our history.

Although we do have the Jackie Gleason story ( according to Gleason's wife at the time ) where Gleason confided to her that Nixon picked him up late one night at Gleason's home in Florida to drive to a military base in the area where he ( Nixon ) allowed Gleason to see preserved bodies of actual alien ETs.

This story got out soon after and Gleason was furious that it did. He suspected his wife's gossiping for this. They were married but separated at the time and because of the leak Gleason immediately divorced her.

I believe Nixon did know about the ET presence.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Please, please, if anyone here has not read Seamus Coogan's excellent takedown/examination of this whole aliens and the White House rubbish, please do so now.  Seamus is well known for his destruction of John Hankey.  But in my opinion, this one was even better.

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/jfk-and-the-majestic-papers-the-history-of-a-hoax-conclusion

There is no much fine information available today about just how horrendous a president Nixon was, because of all the declassification of his tapes which he resisted.  Scholars like Jeff Kimball and Ken Hughes have written really good books on this.  The late Bob Parry exposed how Nixon short circuited Johnson's attempt at peace talks in 1968.  

Instead Caddy wants us to read about Nixon and ET.  What this has to do with the JFK assassination escapes me.

Between him and TG, I mean yech.

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:20 PM, Joe Bauer said:

Doug, is there any way your friend Robert Merritt could communicate on this forum ( through you ) regards perhaps answering a few questions from our members?

Of course, trying to keep the discussion somehow JFK related would be tough.

I watched the video. I wanted to ask Mr. Merritt what is truly motivating him in his end-of-life efforts regards this subject?   Is it a heartfelt concern for others being kept in the dark about important truths that he thinks they should know for the betterment of their lives and their children's and grandchildren's lives?

I "thought" I heard Mr. Merritt state something else in the video that I found quite disturbing.

If I got this right ( and I might not have ) he said he had killed others ( whether or not on orders from his handlers) and that he didn't feel remorse over these killings? Even in his last "life review" days?

Not to get off the fascinating Nixon letter story too much, but if what I "thought" I heard Mr. Merritt say was true, I speculate that he was so damaged by years of failed child protection sex abuse as a child by adult men, that he was left with rage and human feeling disassociation so deep that murdering other adult males in his later adult life without feeling and remorse ... would be a logical extension of those extremely severe emotional injuries.

Joe: Nixon found in Robert Merritt the ideal person he was looking for to work under the Huston Plan. You are correct in your speculation directly above about how Merritt in his youth was shaped into a flawed individual. That is why he was employed to carry out criminal and quasi-criminal assignments by the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Police, FBI, CIA  and NYPD to name some but not all law enforcement groups he worked for from 1969 until just a few years ago.  Here is a 2014 article about him from The New York Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/03/nyregion/takeover-of-kenmore-hotel-informer-recalls-his-complicity.html

Edited by Douglas Caddy

1 hour ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Joe: Nixon found in Robert Merritt the ideal person he was looking for to work under the Huston Plan. You are correct in your speculation directly above about how Merritt in his youth was shaped into a flawed individual. That is why he was employed to carry out criminal and quasi-criminal assignments by the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Police, FBI, CIA  and NYPD to name some but not all law enforcement groups he worked for from 1969 until just a few years ago.  Here is a 2014 article about him from The New York Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/03/nyregion/takeover-of-kenmore-hotel-informer-recalls-his-complicity.html

Doug,

Excellent article.  Thanks for posting it.

--  Tommy  :sun

So Robert Merritt will swear to anything, and has, in fact, for a majority of his years used this proclivity to obtain his livelihood and as his method of self-protection and self-advancement?

Why did Robert Merritt come to New York City?  Who put him in residence in the Kenmore Hotel?

Is this a low-rent case of "Once in, never out"?

Are there some higher-rent cases among our membership?

Edited by David Andrews

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:30 PM, David Andrews said:

Like David J says about your next post below, double cheers.

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:30 PM, David Andrews said:

David: You ask above why "Nixon did Nixon need Merritt to deliver tapes and documents to Henry Kissinger when Nixon could see Kissinger privately every gogdammed day?" 

The answer to this is as Nixon told Merritt there was no one in the White House who he could trust to deliver the letter to Kissinger that contained the all important formula/code. He could not do this himself. His every movement was being monitored. The CIA had a spy operation inside the White House called "Crimson Rose" which was headed by Howard Hunt. The Pentagon had its own spy operation inside the White House  under which thousands of Kissinger's documents had been secretly copied and ended up on the desk of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. The Fox News article below explains how General Alexander Haig was involved in this. It was also Haig who gave the order to John Dean who in turn gave the order to Gordon LIddy to go into the DNC. Nixon told Merritt that the break-in had been hi-jacked by the CIA that led to the arrests of the burglars on June 17, 1972. It was Angleton who orchestrated the hi-jacking, just as he had carefully planned the assassination of JFK. Washington, D.C. police officer Carl Shoffler, who was actually a military intelligence agent, was alerted two weeks in advance of the break-in of the plan by Merritt and he was on the scene to arrest the burglars.

Fox News published an article on December 15, 2008, by James Rosen titled, “The Men Who Spied on Nixon: New Details Reveal Extent of ‘Moorer-Radford Affair.’” Here are key excerpts from it:

A Navy stenographer assigned to the National Security Council during the Nixon administration "stole documents from just about every individual that he came into contact with on the NSC," according to newly declassified White House documents. 

The two-dozen pages of memoranda, transcripts and notes -- once among the most sensitive and privileged documents in the Executive Branch -- shed important new details on a unique crisis in American history: when investigators working for President Richard Nixon discovered that the Joint Chiefs of Staff, using the stenographer as their agent, actively spied on the civilian command during the Vietnam War. 

The episode became known as "the Moorer-Radford affair," after the chairman of the Joint Chiefs at the time, the late Admiral Thomas H. Moorer, and the stenographer involved, Navy Yeoman Charles Radford. The details first surfaced in early 1974 as part of the Watergate revelations, but remained obscure until historians in the 1990s and this decade began fleshing out the episode. 

The affair represented an important instance in which President Nixon, who resigned in 1974 amid wide-ranging allegations that he and his subordinates abused the powers of the presidency, was himself the victim of internal espionage. In adding to what has already become known about the episode, the latest documents show how the president and his aides struggled to "get a handle on" the young Navy man at the center of the intrigue and contain the damage caused by the scandal

A trained stenographer, Radford was in his late twenties when he was assigned to the NSC staff of Henry Kissinger during Nixon's first term. The yeoman worked out of the Executive Office Building under two admirals, Rembrandt Robinson and Robert O. Welander, who served as formal liaison between the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the NSC. As Radford later described his work -- in polygraph tests, sworn testimony, and interviews with historians and journalists -- he spent 13 months illegally obtaining NSC documents and turning them over to his superiors, with the understanding that the two admirals were, in turn, funneling the materials to the chairman of the Joint Chiefs and other top uniformed commanders. Radford's espionage took many forms: making extra photocopies of documents entrusted to him as courier; retrieving crumpled drafts from "burn bags"; even brazenly rifling through Kissinger's briefcase while the national security adviser slept on an overseas flight…..  

Under intensive polygraph testing in late 1971, Radford denied having leaked the India-Pakistan documents to the columnist. ([Columnist Jack Anderson died in 2005 without ever disclosing who had been his source, but he told author Len Colodny in November 1986: "You don't get those kinds of secrets from enlisted men. You only get them from generals and admirals.") However, the young stenographer did eventually break down and tearfully admit to Nixon's investigators that he had been stealing NSC [National Security Council] documents and routing them to his Pentagon superiors. Radford later estimated he had stolen 5,000 documents within a 13-month period.....

He [John Ehrlichman’s aide, David Young] encouraged Ehrlichman to mention to Admiral Robinson that the young stenographer-spy had already told investigators that he believed the material he had been stealing was destined to go to "your superiors," meaning the Joint Chiefs. Young also urged Ehrlichman to determine the extent to which Kissinger's top NSC deputy -- Alexander Haig, who had personally selected Radford to accompany Kissinger on his overseas trips, and who later went on to become secretary of state in the Reagan administration -- was "aware of Radford's activities." 

Nixon and his men eventually concluded that Haig had been complicit in the Pentagon spying, but opted not to take any action against him. [Note: Haig later become Nixon’s chief of staff.]

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2008/12/15/men-spied-nixon-new-details-reveal-extent-moorer-radford-affair.html

------------------------

So Nixon knew it was not safe to give the all-important document and tapes directly to Kissinger inside the White House for fear that Haig or some other Pentagon or CIA spy would learn about it. In Nixon’s opinion the document and tapes were so important to the nation’s national security that he had to summon Merritt to a clandestine meeting deep beneath the White House to assign to Merritt the task of getting the document and tapes to Kissinger without anyone knowing about it. This Merritt faithfully did.