The Education Forum

Surprised there is no discussion on this

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:09 PM, W. Niederhut said:

Didn't Alex Jones recently threaten to kill Robert Mueller?

"You're going to get it, or I'm going to die trying, bitch."

https://www.newsweek.com/alex-jones-threatens-shoot-pedophile-robert-mueller-accuses-zuckerberg-1038500

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jones was on the Michael Savage show and he said this was all poetic license kind of talk.

If the above is an exact quote, I don't see much license there.  Neither do I see much humor if that is what it was.

The complicating factors here are the legal actions.  I think there are at least two of them going on right now.

And if they both go to trial, things do not look good for Jones.

His former wife is not helping much either.

3 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Jones was on the Michael Savage show and he said this was all poetic license kind of talk.

If the above is an exact quote, I don't see much license there.  Neither do I see much humor if that is what it was.

The complicating factors here are the legal actions.  I think there are at least two of them going on right now.

Jim - are you worried that this kind of censorship will be applied to others? My own take is that Alex Jones goes way too far, as do others. The right wing hate machine has graduated to even more insidious ways of communicating their messages, like Q. What to do? 

6 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Speaking as a psychiatrist, the problem with Alex Jones's Mueller threat, if it was intended as humor, is that there are some people out there listening to Jones who might not get the "joke."  The Jared Lee Loughner case comes to mind.

I see a similar problem with Trump calling journalists "enemies of the people."

On the flip side, I understand the concerns about censorship of alternative media.  There is something disturbingly Orwellian about it. 

Jones has become even more of a bizarre tabloid jerk than usual over the past few years. He used to invite a lot of semi-credible researchers on (say a decade or so ago), and I'm fairly sure Peter Dale Scott, Jim Marrs, Joan Mellen and others were interviewed. Scott was interviewed a few times, and allowed to talk at length, with Jones simply adding an "Hmm hmm.. oh really.. okay.." as Scott discussed some topic at length.

Then Jones went off the deep end and ramped up the tabloid discussion. Intentionally, I feel. There was always a tabloid element to the show. He decided (or was asked - he gets funding from various places) to push things into the realms of the bizarre. Some of those realms involves taking real conspiracies and dwelling on them in the most tabloid way possible. At other times he'll push stuff that is purely cloud cuckoo. David Icke and his theories about the global elites being descended from lizards, as an example. Jesse Ventura interviewed Icke for the second or third series of his CONSPIRACY THEORY TV show, and it went as badly as you'd probably expect, with Ventura simply asking what the hell Icke thought he was talking about.

Others could probably analyse why Jones has decided to do this in a smarter way than I could. I can see a few different possibilities, but wouldn't care to pick one at the moment.

But the quote discussed here, about him 'getting' Mueller, possibly has to be viewed in the context of the clip embedded in the Newsweek article up top. Ennio Morricone's music from THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY starts up. Jones then says, 'politically, this is high noon!', and pretends to be a gunslinger from the movie. He's not miming pointing an assault rifle at Mueller and committing an ugly crime. He's miming being some dopey cowboy wearing a Stetson hat and being quickest on the draw while the two of them stand off in the middle of the town square. All this is while Morricone's music plays on the soundtrack throughout the whole bit. If the music wasn't there and Jones had mimed aiming a rifle, I'd wonder if he was trying to be taken off the air. But the "I'm gonna get ya, kapow!" rant with Morricone's theme scoring him like the world's craziest Texan hero is hard to take too seriously. If he'd announced thereafter that he was going to get his best gal by his side and ride off into the sunset on his horse, it would have been in keeping with the rest of the rant. It's still a dumb thing to say about a former FBI director.

Jones has also had John Williams' ominous Star Wars theme for Darth Vader - the one heard throughout THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK - as the introductory musical theme of his show, depicting his struggle against the 'evil empire' while he sells his vitality pills and gregariously does dumb bits in-between interviews with various folk. I view his gunslinger comments about Mueller as just another bit. Although you'd think he'd understand it would be an unwise thing to say, whatever the context.

Re the beyond weird Pizzagate allegations that have flowed through the mainstream media over the past year or two, there were credible  - but weird - stories about abuse rings in the UK and UK, and odd goings on linking back to Jeffrey Epstein, Clinton (Bill) and a couple of royals on board various flights visiting Epstein's island for fun, and DAILY MAIL stories covering UK celebs bumping up against the Jimmy Saville cover-up in a weird way, but all those stories have long since been buried amid the gallons of crap peddled by Jones about Mueller and his cohorts in government kidnapping children by the dozens for satanic rituals and the like. So, again, Jones will take something that is 10% credible or based on a story about something that happened, then inflate it into a big fat tabloid balloon that he can float over the viewership. Some years back Jones was talking about doing a movie on the JFK assassination, and had interviewed Jim Marrs and some others for it. At this point I'm glad he never got that project off the ground.

Edited by Anthony Thorne

Here is another thing that seems troubling.

Why take all of his content down?  Does ever single show he does consist of threatening someone or  "hate speech"?

I just think that is kind of extreme.

Anthony brings up a good point: namely that Jones used to have some interesting guests who he would at least let talk about some important issues as he nodded away.  But as time has gone on his presentations have gotten really kind of simplistic and crowd playing.  But yet he insists that he is not a performance artist, which kind of detracts from the Ennio Morricone defense that Anthony tried to give him. 

Edited by James DiEugenio

Obsessively tweeting Donald Trump ( our sitting president!) is just as fringe and inciting as Alex Jones but with 1,000 times the press coverage, air time and impact!

Trump's tweets, rally speeches and actual actions ( on a daily basis ) are often just as divisive , angry, insecurely petty, vindictive and attention seeking, paranoid and delusional and crudely personally insulting and even threatening as Jones's rants but with a force of media coverage that makes the Alex Jones tweet account banning/first amendment rights issue almost meaningless.

I listened to the Alex Jones radio show off and on for a few years ( stopped after he went tabloid nutty ) just as I would occasionally tune in to Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, Glenn Beck, Michael (Savage) Weiner, Sean Hannity,  Mark Levine and even G. Gordon Liddy and Bill Bennett's radio shows when they were carried here which didn't last very long.

I felt it was open-mindedly reasonable and responsible to hear the right wing to ultra right wing point of views at least now and then on all our major political, social, economic and moral issues besides the much more progressively liberal ones which I am admittedly inherently inclined to adhere to.

I have always kept in mind not to be totally and blindly fixed and certain on my views to the point of refusing to consider or listen to any other voices all the time no matter how extremely opposite of mine they may be.

That's the democratic principle respecting American way...right?

However, as an avid fan of radio, listening to these right wing voices was almost unavoidable.

For the last 30 years, main stream radio broadcasting in America has been inundated, taken over really,  by this right to ultra right wing political propaganda machine to the amazingly flooded degree that just turning on your radio and slightly turning the station dial you couldn't help finding yourself listening to any number of these dozen or so liberal bashing personalities. Their common liberal boogie man message  ( almost always conveyed in a worked up angry and outraged tone ) is incessant and is broadcast 24/7.  Daily bathing 50 million Americans in a wash of liberal hating and fearing divisiveness.

By disturbing contrast I can't name one liberal national radio political commentary personality who is regularly broadcast.

I sense this is because the radio industry is huge percentage owned by super wealthy right wing individuals who control the political commentary area of this media realm, and who not only block out liberal commentators but also pay their chosen right wing ones massive salaries. Rush Limbaugh makes what...$25 million dollars a year just for his radio talk show gig?

But even so, at times while listening to these right wing propagandists  ( not many ) I did learn some things about major issues that I had not been aware of previously and which were worthy of at least some truth evaluating consideration. 

Several of these right wing propagandists are very bright and knowledgeable.

What confounds me is their often strict, unbending, intolerant and even paranoid "JBS" like ideology and the wealthy class elitist or "Scrooge" one as well.

You'd think such well educated person's would have more open minds.

Interesting how differently shaped in their ideologies similarly well educated persons can be.  I am sure genetics and life experiences play an equal part in determining this part of people's mind sets.

But we can first amendment take outrageous comment making, attention and audience market seeking Alex Jones's as long as they just talk. Their actual inciting factor impact is negligible imo.

Now Trump ? 

His massively broadcast and covered angry outrage incitement talk is another matter. 

Edited by Joe Bauer

And now Alex Jones has been banned by Twitter.

The problem of U.S. media ownership, plutocracy, and ideological propaganda is huge, Joe.  You described it well.

Does the U.S. need to restore the Fairness Act?

Using the same exact rule violation reasons cited to ban Alex Jones and other especially aggressive personal character attacking persons in the Trump connected political/social media arena, Twitter could easily justify banning Donald Trump's account for these very same reasons.

Trump does the same things using his Twitter account as did Alex Jones.

He constantly personally insults others ( his enemies ) in extremely derogatory and arguably even abusive degree ways, most of whom are in high public service, legal or press positions.

He posts and promotes conspiracies of his own paranoid creation, most of which center around dividing the public and inciting their angers, fears and insecurities.

He actually clearly slanders many of his perceived enemies using his Twitter account, calling them liars such as the women who assert he had sex with them and crooks referring to Hillary Clinton.

Trump's obsessive and never ending criminal behavior accusatory attacks on Hillary Clinton in particular are so specifically pointed and aggressively personal character defaming they clearly constitute harassment imo.

Trump's Twitter account violations are clearly as real and visible and aggressively egregious and inciting and even harassing as Alex Jones but with 1,000 X the American society impact power due to his massively covered leadership position.

I propose that Twitter ban Donald Trump for the same reasons they banned Alex Jones.

Edited by Joe Bauer

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:16 AM, Michael Cross said:

Yes.

"Honest, equitable and balanced".  What a concept.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=fairness+act&form=PRUSEN&mkt=en-us&httpsmsn=1&refig=46cb26cd950d4e378daf9782a4107f5e&sp=-1&pq=fairness+act&sc=8-12&qs=n&sk=&cvid=46cb26cd950d4e378daf9782a4107f5e

Note it was eliminated under Bush1/Reagan in 87.

Edited by Ron Bulman

On September 7, 2018 at 1:53 PM, B. A. Copeland said:

What YouTube did to Chuck Ochelli is absolutely reprehensible.

What did they do?