The Education Forum

Oswald Computer Voice Stress Analysis

21 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Thanks Jim - we needed a check on Mr. DeGrilla. Can you believe it - Buell Frazier is his next subject by popular demand. 

Jim, I am aware of that article.  However, there is no teeth to it.  My book "Malcontent" proved that O'Toole's analysis was fraudulent, although any intentionality by O'Toole is known only to him.  The PSE has two modes...modes 1 and 2.  Mode 1 is for male voices, mode 2 is for female voices.  The gentleman who did my CVSA for Oswald works for the man who created the CVSA.  Moreover, that person worked with O'Toole back in the 70's.  When he was shown O'Toole's chart of "I didn't shoot anybody, no sir" from "The Assassination Tapes," he immediately recognized what O'Toole did.  He saw on the chart where O'Toole changed the speed from mode 1 to mode 2, thus skewing the results.  The old PSE machines do not work.  My investigation revealed no surplus parts, and the PSEs in existence are missing paper, stylus', etc.  The closest thing to duplicating O'Toole's charts is to run them on the CVSA in mode 2.  "Malcontent" has the O'Toole chart and the CVSA mode 2 chart that are almost identical to each other, proving that O'Toole used the wrong mode when analyzing Oswald's statement.  Moreover, O'Toole only took a 3-day PSE orientation course, then went around doing his analysis.  I used a law enforcement veteran who created the questions to be asked sex offenders for CVSA examination.  They were also checked by the creator of the CVSA, who is one of three Master CVSA examiners in the world, one of which is deceased.  They all agreed O'Toole changed the speed of the PSE during his analysis.  This type of deception is exactly why the CVSA mode cannot be changed during examination.  ALL of my documentation accrued during my investigation was published in "Malcontent".  O'Toole did not publish his other Oswald charts nor any of the documentation from those alleged to have confirmed his results.  It stands to reason that if the O'Toole Oswald chart is wrong, the others are wrong too, as "Malcontent" proved the unreliability and erroneous nature of his analysis.

Mr. O’Toole isn’t around to defend his work. So I guess we just have to take your word that Oswald lied when he professed his innocence, and therefore was guilty as charged. That’s some pretty low hanging fruit - bust one conclusion by a dead author and destroy with one stroke the decades of work by hundreds of intrepid researchers.

2 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Mr. O’Toole isn’t around to defend his work. So I guess we just have to take your word that Oswald lied when he professed his innocence, and therefore was guilty as charged. That’s some pretty low hanging fruit - bust one conclusion by a dead author and destroy with one stroke the decades of work by hundreds of intrepid researchers.

Bada Bing!

Your post is misleading and disrespectful.  First, if you were to read my book, you would note that I do not accuse O'Toole of anything.  I specifically state that O'Toole's analysis could have been the result of incompetence (because he only took a three-day PSE orientation course) or that he just plain made mistakes (because he is human).  The fact that he is passed away is moot as many researchers have now passed, and their research is still subject to peer review whether living or not.  O'Toole passed away in 2001 and I did not start the research for this book until early 2018.  I tried to contact his wife and family members many times with negative results.  I contacted Dektor and asked for any other material or documentation they may still have from O'Toole; they stated they had none.  All of this documentation is in my book.  Nobody in the JFK case has ever taken the initiative and conducted a CVSA on Oswald or anyone else related to this case.  Most have taken O'Toole at his word and the analysis in "The Assassination Tapes" as final without educating themselves first.  My book merely shows that O'Toole's analysis, and thus his conclusions, are flawed.  I had several world-renowned experts check my CVSA results who verified and agreed with my results.  That documentation is also in my book.  So it's not the result of "low-hanging fruit" but meticulous, detailed and documented research.  If my conclusions fly in the face of "hundreds of intrepid researchers," then it is what it is.  That speaks more of their research, not mine.

Send me your email address so I can gift you the ebook version of my book.  Read it and check my sources and look at my documentation.  Then come back on here and post your conclusions instead of you and others mocking what you haven't even researched or understand.

On 9/23/2019 at 1:37 PM, James DiEugenio said:

This was one of the earliest books to keep me looking further.  After reading and hearing in the news slightly around and after the HSCA, in the late 70's early 80's, local attention occasionally in the Forth Worth Star Telegram, Dallas Magazine (still have "Oswald's Ghost"), even at the time Texas Monthly I read a couple of books.  Seth Kantor's https://www.amazon.com/Ruby-Cover-Up-Who-Was-Jack/dp/0890836809/ref=sr_1_3?crid=ZVI8BVEW3XX9&keywords=seth+kantor&qid=1569462282&s=books&sprefix=seth+kantor+%2Cstripbooks%2C678&sr=1-3  

And,  later David Lifton's https://www.amazon.com/Best-Evidence-Disghttps://www.amazon.com/Ruby-Cover-Up-Who-Was-Jack/dp/0890836809/ref=sr_1_3?crid=ZVI8BVEW3XX9&keywords=seth+kantor&qid=1569462282&s=books&sprefix=seth+kantor+%2Cstripbooks%2C678&sr=1-3uise-Deception-Assassination/dp/0881844381/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3P7L1JTP0WDCE&keywords=best+evidence+david+lifton&qid=1569462537&s=books&sprefix=best+evidence%2Caps%2C225&sr=1-2

Somewhere around  the latter I came across this book at a yard sale or used book store for a quarter or fifty cents.  First time I've looked at it in years.  Speculative initially when I first read it myself as it questions and demonstrates the legal value of lie detector tests, and to me in turn it's own analysis and conclusions 

The VSA's at the end are compelling.  Did you shoot the president?  I didn't shoot anybody.  No stress.  Hard to believe he wasn't stressed under the circumstances. 

Brennan, This man I saw in the window. High stress.

Frazier, curtain rods, hard stress.

Paul Bentley, DPD Personnel Office, Texas Theater,  polygraph of Oswald, I don't recall that happening.  Good to hard stress.

Edited by Ron Bulman

Sean:

As Mr. O'toole noted in his Penthouse article, he had his work crosschecked by a member of the American Polygraph Association.  In addition to being one of the most experienced polygraph examiners in America, Mr. Lloyd H. Hitchcock was a former Army intel officer who in using the PSE  came to the same conclusions as Mr. O'toole did.  Hitchcock also checked on the specific techniques O'toole had used. Gordon Barland was another expert on lie detection who wrote for trade journals and did research on polygraphs at the University of Utah. He did studies of both PSE's and lie detectors. He was often a court witness. He also agreed with O'toole after using the PSE on the tapes.

This information is in the article that O'toole wrote for Penthouse Magazine when the book came out. You can find it on the internet.  

• 9 months later...

Look, there is simply no way you can tell if someone is lying from putting a recording of their voice through a machine. Anybody who claims they can is a quack. The JFK case has a way of revealing the flaws in a lot of forensic methodology, like it did with fingerprints and bullet lead analysis. Even psychiatric evaluation can not accomplish this - in fact, psychology in general is largely a pseudoscience. I don't see how anyone can fall of something as silly as "voice stress analysis".

Edited by Micah Mileto

On 9/25/2019 at 9:30 PM, Ron Bulman said:

Paul Bentley, DPD Personnel Office, Texas Theater,  polygraph of Oswald, I don't recall that happening.  Good to hard stress.

Ron,

I'm sorry. Who says that Oswald was given a polygraph test?

Steve Thomas

On 8/20/2019 at 8:51 AM, Sean DeGrilla said:

My next post will include the CVSA results for "I'm just a patsy," which clearly show he is being deceptive.  Examination of Oswald's statement reveals he was not a fall guy or was set up for something he didn't do, but rather "they have taken me in because of the fact that I lived in the Soviet Union."  He was a patsy because  he had attempted defection to the Soviet Union...

Sean,

Perhaps a better way of putting this might be that Oswald felt he was being made a patsy because he had defected.

In my mind, Oswald didn't feel that he was being made a patsy or  "a fall guy or was set up for something he didn't do,...", because he knew in his own heart that he was innocent.

Voice stress will only take you so far. It can only measure emotions. Oswald felt he was being made a patsy because he had gone to Russia. That's the way he felt for a long time.

In her WC testimony, Marina said that Oswald began to change after the FBI started leaning on him. According to the Tobias's on Elsbeth St., Oswald told Marina to tell them she was from Czechoslovakia. Ruth Paine said that Oswald blamed the FBI for him losing several jobs after they began hounding his neighbors and work environments. It was a long standing bone of contention with him.

Steve Thomas

11 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Ron,

I'm sorry. Who says that Oswald was given a polygraph test?

Steve Thomas

My mistake Steve.  I think it regarded Bentley having high to hard stress on the PSE when asked about knowing Oswald prior to his arrest.

6 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

My mistake Steve.  I think it regarded Bentley having high to hard stress on the PSE when asked about knowing Oswald prior to his arrest.

Ron,

Oh. Okay. I thought maybe Bentley said somewhere that Oswald had been given a test.

Steve Thomas

How about running Marina Oswald's first televised interview through the stress test?

My guess is her famous statement when asked whether she thought her husband was guilty of shooting JFK " I don't want to believe, but I have too many facts and facts tell me that Lee shot Kennedy." would be off the charts in stressful disbelievability.

Notice Marina's eyes shoot a nervous gaze straight up to the ceiling and her eyes blink a quick three times before she answers?

Her over-all demeanor in this interview however, is amazingly calm and composed in my opinion for a young woman under the incredible stresses she had gone through the three months previous. And her English speaking and comprehension skills seem much more advanced than so many had said they were not. 

And I always feel a great physical attraction toward her in this interview. No wonder Oswald fell hard for her. Back in those days most of us guys in America thought all Russian women looked like big boned, thick ankled, babushka wearing, weathered faced Earnest Borgnine look-a-likes pulling plows.

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEZCNACELwBSFXyq4

Also DeGrilla mentions that this stress analysing evaluation process is very expensive. 

I'm sure.

Just like expert comparative body type and movement forensic photo analysis.

I always hoped that the photo of the man Colonel Fletcher Prouty said was Ed Lansdale walking by the three tramps ( back view ) in front of the TXSBD building the afternoon of 11,22,1963 could be examined by experts in this field, but alas, it's just too expensive to have done as well.

And I still want to know if Seth Kantor was telling the truth when he stated he met Jack Ruby at Parkland hospital the afternoon of 11,22,1963. His "Trial Of Lee Harvey Oswald" testimony saying this is very easy to access on You Tube.

If Kantor was telling the truth and Ruby in denying this wasn't, it really is important in knowing that Jack Ruby was blatantly lying about his actions on the actual day of JFK's death. Revealing Ruby's total lack of credibility.

And here is another well known audio tape analysis test that many have done in their own homes and is not just fun, but super cheap as far as costs.

That is to play any person's taped words "backwards" through the reel and see if any unusual words come through.

You know, like people have done with the Beatle songs?

Would love to know what reverse tape playing of many of Oswald's comments would produce in strange words.

And could you imagine what this reverse tape recording process would reveal with Donald Trump?  Holy Toledo!

I think even Sigmund Freud himself would be shocked.

Edited by Joe Bauer