The Education Forum

Mark Zaid, JFK and Trump

James DiEugenio

13 minutes ago, Kathy Beckett said:

Why in the world are you posting this? Is it for us to take a deep breath and say "Oh Goodness. Look what Joe said."? Joe got mad because the guy said Joe was coming for all of the guns. He was mad because he didn't say that. He just doesn't think people should have assault rifles/

I could post a gazillion videos of trump saying all sorts of nasty things.  But that's OK for him to do, right?

I think Robert is being paid by Wilbur Ross to launder money in Cypriot bank accounts and work for CREEP-- the Committee to Re-Elect the President.  The CREEP work involves smearing Trump's Democratic rivals, and convincing people that Trump's relationships with Russian oligarchs and the Kremlin is merely a Deep State hoax perpetrated by wealthy elites whose families once owned vacation properties on Gibson Island. 😬

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Andrew Prutsok said:

Andrew: You posted the following inside my post which will falsely be interpreted that I said it: Do court rulings mean anything more? It's not like they are actually going to get to see it.

If you reply to a member's post it should be done in the open space underneath the member's quote like I am doing now. That way it is clear that it is your statement and not the member's..

I'm sorry, I hope I'm wrong, but "it's the defections stupid. " Bernie loses in Massachusetts, and Maine, performs less well in his home state than in 2016. Loses to Biden in Minnesota , and other states that Biden didn't even contest.  States like Oklahoma, he won in 2016 and now has lost to Biden.

It's all coming down to Bernie showing he can perform better than Biden in the the swing states. For Bernie's message, tonight it really all comes down to Michigan, and I'm not feeling optimistic.

On 10/15/2019 at 9:42 AM, James DiEugenio said:

There is an angle to the current impeachment controversy that very few people know about.

And I am confident that the MSM will never inform them of it...

Perhaps because it's a load of crap? Nah, couldn't be that, must be an ulterior motive

1 hour ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Good try Niederhut.

Stylistically, your comment is fine and you didn't get too deep-in-the-weeds for benefit of the casual readers of this thread. I can't give you any points for originality though. We all know what CREEP stands for and you had a great opportunity to come up with your own acronym. How about Trump Office of Intelligence and Liberal Election Tampering? In any event, you can do better than just recycling CREEP.

As for money laundering, if Wilbur Ross was paying me to post here, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be illegal, so the whole money laundering Cypriot Bank reference is kind of moot. Still, I'm sure the reference and insinuation would be capable of setting off the salivary reflex of a number of Rachel Madow viewers, so you get a few points for effectiveness potential.   

Robert,

To be honest, I sometimes wonder if you're one of the President's Active Republican Advocates of Nuttiness On Internet Domains.

You have a knack for perceiving causal connections in obscure associations.

4 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

I think Robert is being paid by Wilbur Ross to launder money in Cypriot bank accounts and work for CREEP-- the Committee to Re-Elect the President.  The CREEP work involves smearing Trump's Democratic rivals, and convincing people that Trump's relationships with Russian oligarchs and the Kremlin is merely a Deep State hoax perpetrated by wealthy elites whose families once owned vacation properties on Gibson Island. 😬

And now do so in the winter in Aspen and Vail...

2 hours ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Good try Niederhut.

Stylistically, your comment is fine and you didn't get too deep-in-the-weeds for benefit of the casual readers of this thread. I can't give you any points for originality though. We all know what CREEP stands for and you had a great opportunity to come up with your own acronym. How about Trump Office of Intelligence and Liberal Election Tampering? In any event, you can do better than just recycling CREEP.

As for money laundering, if Wilbur Ross was paying me to post here, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be illegal, so the whole money laundering Cypriot Bank reference is kind of moot. Still, I'm sure the reference and insinuation would be capable of setting off the salivary reflex of a number of Rachel Madow viewers, so you get a few points for effectiveness potential.   

You are so quick to respond and witty, do you have assistants?

5 hours ago, David Andrews said:

New York State sends the National Guard to Manhattan, because 29 people are dead nationally:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/10/new-york-coronavirus-new-rochelle-containment

95 people die every day of cancer in New York State.  Where are you on that?

+++

Members can take issue with me, but the martial law aspects scare me, and are moving faster than either the disease or the cure.

I don't know whether or not the National Guard is necessary. But comparing the numbers of coronavirus and cancer deaths makes little sense. The reason being that the average number of cancer deaths per day is fairly constant whereas the deaths per day from contagious viral infections tend to rise exponentially.

Here's an example:

If you draw a straight horizontal (flat) line though the 50 on this graph, it would indicate that 50 lives are lost every day from cancer:

expgrowth.jpg

The numbers on the horizontal axis represents the number of weeks that has passed. Fifty lives per day are lost in the beginning and 50 lives per day are still being lost at the end of the ten weeks.

In contrast, the blue line represents the exponential growth in coronavirus deaths per day. In the beginning there is only one life lost per day. During the fifth week this has increased to 50 lives lost per day -- equal to the rate of lives lost to cancer. (The two lines intersect at that point.) Only one week later, the death rate due to coronavirus doubles to 100 per day! In a matter of a few weeks it will be in the thousands per day! (The numbers in this example are for illustration purposes only. The real numbers are and will be different.)

This is why extraordinary measures are being taken around the world to deal with coronavirus. The goal is to "flatten" the blue line in the above example as much as possible till an effective vaccination becomes available.

I don't know whether or not the National Guard is necessary. But comparing the numbers of coronavirus and cancer deaths makes little sense. The reason being that the average number of cancer deaths per day is fairly constant whereas the deaths per day from contagious viral infections tend to rise exponentially.

Myself, I'd prefer they cure cancer.

I don't trust them not to delay to cure Coronavirus, proportional to the delays in curing cancer, AIDS, etc.

Edited by David Andrews

Another bad night for Bernie.  Loses 4-2, but got trounced in the big one, Michigan.

What this means is that Biden is extending his delegate lead.  Which is what really matters.

Surprised he got beaten that badly in Michigan.

Now Clymer and Carville art telling Sanders to get out.

The thing that disappoints me is Warren's silence on both this and Tulsi.

If I was Bernie I would call Clymer and Carville and ask them "OK I will get out if you allow me to run on a third party ticket.  Is that OK? If not then shut up!"

Film satire The Hunt (2020), release delayed once already due to a gun violence incident, depicts a group of moneyed, liberal elites who hunt "normal folks," referred to in the script as deplorables:

"You wanted it to be real, so you decided it was."

Edited by David Andrews

Treasuries Yielding Next to Nothing Aren’t Hedge They Used to Be

From the article: One question to ask is if nominal bonds still carry the same insurance value,” Goldman analysts Praveen Korapaty and Avisha Thakkar wrote in a note. “Unless central banks show a willingness to cut deeply into negative territory, we think the answer is no, at least for the larger bond markets like the U.S., euro area and Japan.”

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/super-safe-treasuries-risky-wall-050602922.html