The Education Forum

Mark Zaid, JFK and Trump

James DiEugenio

8 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Another bad night for Bernie.  Loses 4-2, but got trounced in the big one, Michigan.

What this means is that Biden is extending his delegate lead.  Which is what really matters.

Surprised he got beaten that badly in Michigan.

I thought the race was over when Biden won Massachusetts on Super Tuesday.

If the Progressives couldn't even beat the Wall Street Democratic Establishment in the Bay State, it was obvious that they wouldn't beat them in 'Murica.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the article: Unlike during the 2008 financial crisis, the US is unlikely to be able to re-inflate the dollar, as it simply doesn’t “have enough bullets in their gun to reflate a larger bubble” and now is bound to “deal with a full aftermath of this coming crisis.”

“In 2008 the dollar went up because everybody was buying it. This time, the dollar is going to tank, because everybody is selling it,” Peter Schiff told RT. “And this commodity bear market, including what’s happening in oil, is going to be very short-lived. Because once the dollar starts to collapse, all these prices are going to rise including the price of oil.”

The US government might try to bail out its oil industry, since its collapse might trigger a chain reaction that could force Washington to rush and save other sectors of its economy as well.

“I’m wondering if the US government is going to try and bail out the oil industry. I hope they don’t, but they may. They may bail out a lot of other industries too, like they bailed out the banks in 2008,” Schiff said. “But they may have to bail out the banks again – if you look at the banks today, all the banks that they claimed are too big to fail in 2008 are a lot bigger now, and I think they will all going to fail again.”

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/03/no_author/forget-the-oil-prices-the-whole-us-dollar-bubble-is-deflating/

Dr. Fauci told the House today that the pandemic "is going to get worse," and that Americans shouldn't assume that the virus will "die off in warmer weather." (Trump says it will "go away.")

I wonder how soon now Fauci is going to be fired.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/11/us/politics/anthony-fauci-coronavirus.html

If you missed this, Trump will rip Biden on it.

How about this one?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/joe-biden-didn-t-just-compromise-segregationists-he-fought-their-n1021626?fbclid=IwAR3AOa-HFWw73u5SBdUkO8oJKJOfs4rD5YEWjGsnKwHFddDP7OJ8IWSEhFI

And what did Kamala Harris do?  Endorsed Biden.  Which is just what I meant about her.  She was and is a grandstander.

Joe Biden embodies Clintonism.  Which roughly means he's an Eisenhower Republican.

5 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

I thought the race was over when Biden won Massachusetts on Super Tuesday.

If the Progressives couldn't even beat the Wall Street Democratic Establishment in the Bay State, it was obvious that they wouldn't beat them in 'Murica.

Last Tuesday, Biden’s vote totals were consistently trending about 8% higher than the exit polls predicted. This can be explained by the fact DNC rules had any Buttgieg/Klobuchar votes simply handed over to Biden. The extraordinary intervention last Monday, by which both those candidates dropped out and endorsed Biden, was coordinated by the highest levels of the Democratic Party leadership. In my opinion, this was a response to internal polling which showed Sanders not only poised to win California but also Texas and several of the northeastern states. Surely at the beginning of last week all the momentum was with Sanders, and now it looks like he is a spent force. Remarkable turnaround, particularly as Biden had done virtually nothing (other than win one inconsequential state) to rise almost overnight from distant fourth place to frontrunner with wind in the sails. Lesson to be learned: the US establishment (aka the 1%) is wholly opposed to large-scale programs designed to assist the population at large - single-payer health care, reduced college tuition, infrastructure projects, etc, and the Dems will not endorse such policy initiatives even as they must know that these are winning platforms.

I think Robert Wheeler is correct - Biden will not in fact be the candidate in the Fall.

The coronavirus is containable, as demonstrated by the measures taken in South Korea. Unfortunately, the U.S. medical system is entirely unsuited to the task, and the presence of top pharmaceutical executives during Pence’s Congressional briefing does little to suggest decisions will be made in the interests of the public-at-large.

1 hour ago, Douglas Caddy said:

The horrors of the 1918 Spanish Flu epidemic, when borders were closed:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/11/closed-borders-and-black-weddings-what-the-1918-flu-teaches-us-about-coronavirus

Harold Edel, the manager of the Strand theatre – a cinema on Times Square – praised his customers for their impressive turnout. He died of flu a few weeks later.

Edited by David Andrews

28 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

The 10x number does not "foot" with the actual number of deaths.

That is, if the 10x number was accurate, then the number of deaths should be significantly higher than what has been observed.

Not that it helps the MSM or your narrative to comprehend.

I don't mean to offend you, Robert, but I and all mentally sound persons are going to believe what Dr. Fauci says on this and not what you and Fox Fake News parrot.

From The Week article: "Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told lawmakers during a House Oversight Committee hearing Wednesday that COVID-19 — the disease caused by the novel coronavirus — is probably about 10 times more lethal than the seasonal flu."

Edited by Douglas Caddy

4 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Merkel: 70% of Germany could get virus

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51835856

To really understand how polarized the USA has become, consider the above story and the fact that Italy is locked down.

So what does Trish Regan say on Fox TV yesterday: that somehow the coronavirus is a way to impeach Trump again.

This is how crazy the media has become in this country. The coronavirus is clearly a world medical problem of the first magnitude.   And, if you ask me, hospitals should have been furnished with testing kits throughout America and anyone who thought they had the symptoms, or just wanted a test should have been given one for free.  If they needed transportation, they should have been given it.  If Trump had done this, he would have been looked upon as a savior.  Instead he and his followers have tried to make political hay out of this.

This is what you do when you have a GOP that is empty of any ideas or vision.  They have become the party of hacks like David Bossie and Floyd Brown.

BTW, Wall Street is now an official Bear Market after losing over 1400 points today.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Jeff:

I agree with that analysis about Super Tuesday.

And from my understanding, although I cannot confirm it, Buttigieg was the guy who instigated it.

I have been around a long time, and I do not think I have ever seen anything like this before.  I mean, in some ways, it is worse than 2016.