The Education Forum

Mark Zaid, JFK and Trump

James DiEugenio

30 minutes ago, Rob Couteau said:

Jim, I had been wondering about the same thing myself: Would he somehow turn against the Democrats; and is this why some of them didn't appear eager to pressure him to testify? But now that his manuscript is circulating, how do you think that would play out? Would he want to contradict himself?

Dem reveals call with Bolton that contradicts Trump

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/01/29/dem-reveals-call-with-bolton-that-contradicts-trump/23912365/

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Senate questioning, could a Dem Senator ask the President's team -- in response to Dershowitz's deranged monarchial claims -- whether it would be impeachable if a president had a teenage girl give him a nude massage as long as he kept his underwear on during it? I would think it would be OK if the president was stressed out and thought a more relaxed executive would be good for the country.

It would not be out of order if you ask me.

BTW, Murkowski and Collins got off a good one didn't they?

10 hours ago, Andrew Prutsok said:

In the Senate questioning, could a Dem Senator ask the President's team -- in response to Dershowitz's deranged monarchial claims -- whether it would be impeachable if a president had a teenage girl give him a nude massage as long as he kept his underwear on during it? I would think it would be OK if the president was stressed out and thought a more relaxed executive would be good for the country.

Dershowitz's only admission regards any closeness to Jeffery Epstein's under age girl sex shenanigans was that he did indeed get a massage in Epstein's infamous Florida house of sex.

But, he didn't take his underwear off and his masseuse was a big boned older German woman who looked like Ernest Borgnine with a wig.

Welp, welcome to the slippery sleazy slope that comes with billionaire Jeffrey Epstein’s recent arrest for child sex trafficking.

Internet sleuths have uncovered a 2015 video of Harvard attorney and Epstein’s friend, Alan Dershowitz, who worked to get Epstein a sweetheart deal in a 2008 plea agreement, admitting to getting a massage at Epstein’s mansion.During an interview with Miami news station WPLG regarding Britain’s Prince Andrew (another friend of Epstein) and his alleged sexual involvement with an underaged girl who was allegedly kept as a sex slave by Epstein, Dershowitz not only bashed the accuser, calling her an “admitted prostitute and a serial xxxx” but claimed that the then-teen was not victimized and in fact “made her own decisions in life.”

Dershowitz admitted to being at the billionaire’s home but noted that he’d never seen an underaged girl at Epstein’s place despite sworn testimony from Epstein’s former butler who claimed that Dershowitz was at the residence at the same time that underaged girls were there. Dershowitz has an easy explanation for that: “Were there young women in another part of the house giving massages while I was around? I have no idea of that!”

Oh, and did Dershowitz ever receive a massage at Epstein’s house? Yep. But Dershowitz claimed that it was from an adult woman and he kept his underwear on.

“I kept my underwear on during the massage. I don’t like massages particularly.”

Watch the entire interview below but I warn you, it’s triggering and mad cringey.

12 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Dershowitz's only admission regards any closeness to Jeffery Epstein's under age girl sex shenanigans was that he did indeed get a massage in Epstein's infamous Florida house of sex.

But, he didn't take his underwear off and his masseuse was a big boned older German woman who looked like Ernest Borgnine with a wig.

Not a great visual.

And I'm not sure which visual is worse-- Ernest Borgnine in a wig, or Alan Dershowitz in his underwear... 😩

1 hour ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Marginally interesting fact; Ernest Borgnine served on the USS Sylph with Robert S. Mueller Jr. during WWII.

USS_Sylph_(PY-12)_steaming_down_the_Pato

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Sylph_(PY-12)

Not quite the Battleship New Jersey, but seaworthy enough for paperclips.

Robert,

Are you suggesting that Robert S. Mueller, Jr. was, possibly, the inspiration for the character, Ensign Charles Parker, (Tim Conway) in Borgnine's McHale's Navy series?   Or for Captain Binghamton?  😬

One of the reasons I did not think it was wise to try and remove Trump was for the simple reason that I did not think the votes were there, and the case was not strong enough to convert the Republicans in the numbers needed. Which was not the case with Nixon, where they did get Republicans to vote for impeachment even if they were not needed.

On top of that, I thought that if he did survive, he would get a boost, just like Clinton did.

Well, unfortunately, both things happened.  Trump's approval ratings have gone up about six points.  He is at about 49% now.  When he was at 43%, I thought, the guy is a goner.  Leave it to the Democrats and Mark Zaid to breathe new life into the guy on life support.

BTW, is Rand Paul correct about the whistleblower?  If so then Mr. Wheeler, if I recall, was correct.

Edited by James DiEugenio

2 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

One of the reasons I did not think it was wise to try and remove Trump was for the simple reason that I did not think the votes were there, and the case was not strong enough to convert the Republicans in the numbers needed.

Sure, because the Republican Party of Howard Baker had the same principled members as the GOP of Moscow Mitch McConnell and Leningrad Lindsay Graham.🤬

Graham flat out declared he wouldn’t convict Trump no matter what Agent Orange did.

Interesting that Jim DiEugenio thinks it’s hunky dorry that Trump tried to coerce the Ukrainian gov’t into meddling into our elections .

Which was not the case with Nixon, where they did get Republicans to vote for impeachment even if they were not needed.

On top of that, I thought that if he did survive, he would get a boost, just like Clinton did.

The Democrats lost the House, Senate, and a stolen White House. Worked out great!

Well, unfortunately, both things happened.  Trump's approval ratings have gone up about six points.  He is at about 49% now.  When he was at 43%, I thought, the guy is a goner.  Leave it to the Democrats and Mark Zaid to breathe new life into the guy on life support.

The US is now a functioning Monarchy. Trump has declared that ^he* is the State.  His interests are the nations interest, and he cannot be held accountable for any crime.

Leave it to the feckless Trumpenlinks to silently assent to this fascist coup and spend their time bashing Democrats.

Trump topped himself.  He gave the Medal of Freedom award to Limbaugh during the SOTU.

He loves to do this kind of polarizing crap doesn't he?

4 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Trump topped himself.  He gave the Medal of Freedom award to Limbaugh during the SOTU.

He loves to do this kind of polarizing crap doesn't he?

The Medal of Freedom to Limbaugh?  Appalling.  I'm incredulous.  This discredits the meaning of the award.

Democrat leadership: "Put up your dukes, buster! I'm going to sock you in the kisser!"

Republican leadership reply: Swift kick in the nads.

Of course Tom Perez will come along, bobble and bungle everything nearby until everyone in the audience chokes to death from laughter. That's when Mayor Pete swoops in to convince every homophobe in the country to swallow a "First Partner" in the White House. Right.

Pelosi should have thrown Mulvaney et al in jail for refusing to appear and let them sit while Trump was losing in court, all the way to the election. They just don't understand how to control the narrative and somehow think Trumpsters will someday day wake from their mental infirmaties.

In many ways the Dems are so beta minded they make Moscow Mitch look heroic in contrast.

Pathetic.

But I don't think Pelosi ever really wanted to do this.  I mean she did not even want to impeach W for starting a phony war.

And she obviously did not know how to play chess, she was playing checkers.

25 minutes ago, Bob Ness said:

Pelosi should have thrown Mulvaney et al in jail for refusing to appear and let them sit while Trump was losing in court, all the way to the election. 

It takes a long time to work thru the courts.

They impeached the SOB and effectively proved his guilt according to several GOP senators.

WTF more do you want?