The Education Forum

56th anniversary of the JFKA today

I don't think there has been a November 22nd during the past 56 years when I didn't feel sincerely aggrieved and aware of the date.

On my way into work this morning the DJ's mentioned "the anniversary of the JFK assassination".  And that they were watching a videocam of Dealy Plaza, positioned in the south east corner of the 6th floor of the TSBD, so viewers would have the same view Oswald did.  I just shook my head.

https://www.earthcam.com/usa/texas/dallas/dealeyplaza/?cam=dealeyplaza

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

On my way into work this morning the DJ's mentioned "the anniversary of the JFK assassination".  And that they were watching a videocam of Dealy Plaza, positioned in the south east corner of the 6th floor of the TSBD, so viewers would have the same view Oswald did.  I just shook my head.

https://www.earthcam.com/usa/texas/dallas/dealeyplaza/?cam=dealeyplaza

That camera's been up for a few years now.  The night view is really rather peaceful and hypnotic, perhaps comforting upon one's deathbed.

Edited by David Andrews

I am not sure how Cliff means his post, but I think part of our responsibility as

researchers is to remind the public of the issues and foster discussion and education

on the subject. And to stand witness to injustice.

Edited by Joseph McBride

9 hours ago, David Andrews said:

That camera's been up for a few years now.  The night view is really rather peaceful and hypnotic, perhaps comforting upon one's deathbed.

Yeah, I've seen it before.  Wasn't it there for the 50th?  I was surprised the DJ's mentioned it at all.  Then a bit dismayed but not totally surprised when they said it was "Oswald's view".

Edited by Ron Bulman