The Education Forum

From Walt Brown's Chronology:

October 14, 1963—time unstated, but a.m., CST— Dallas, Texas. Ruth Paine vaguely recalls driving Lee Oswald into Dallas on that date. (Testimony of Ruth Paine, 3H 32)
Note: It is highly likely that Ruth Paine drove Lee Oswald somewhere that day, as he had arrived at the Paine residence on Saturday, October 12, fully aware that Mary Bledsoe no longer desired his presence as a roomer in her home.
He took more than the usual personal items TO the Paine house, and had to then find new lodgings (1026 N. Beckley), deposit his things there, and return to Bledsoe's (621 N. Marsalis) and collect what remained there.
Because his belongings were at Bledsoe's for a week, and because she had no intention of giving him a refund either way, he got no refund.
Subsequent testimony by Ruth Paine is more clear on the event— she recalled driving Lee Oswald into Dallas on a day when she took her typewriter— with Cyrillic [Russian alphabet] keys, into town to get it repaired.
She found the repair tag and the checks she write to the Weaver Office Machines Co. "when we went to pick up the machine" on October 18, so her recollection is clear that she drove Lee Oswald into Dallas on Monday the fourteenth— the beginning of a week in which he would find new living quarters and new employment. (Deposition of Ruth Paine, 9H 428) 

October 14, 1963—a.m., EST—The White House, Washington, D.C.
Fred Korth, Secretary of the Navy, abruptly resigned amidst growing concerns of the legalities of the contract that he and fellow Texan Lyndon Johnson cooked up for the controversial TFX fighter plane.
"There was general agreement in the Administration that Mr. Korth would 'fit better' in private life [or prison…] than in Washington." (Mark North, Act of Treason: The Role of J. Edgar Hoover in the Assassination of President Kennedy, p. 326)
Note: This happened on a Monday; the previous Monday, LBJ crony Bobby Baker abruptly resigned his post as Secretary to the Senate Majority Leader.
Given this circus-like atmosphere surrounding a Vice President viewed as increasingly corrupt and desperate, it is becoming clear that one of two things will eventuate: President Kennedy's term will be shortened, or Vice President Johnson's term will be shortened.
For Kennedy, it was no longer a matter of "if" Johnson was to be discarded, but only "when."
Once cut loose, Johnson would have been fair game not only for federal and state prosecutors, but for the IRS as well as a good number of individuals on Capitol Hill who had no use for Johnson.
November 22nd rewrote all those scenarios.

October 14, 1963—a.m., CST—after Ruth Paine possibly provides a ride; Lee Oswald takes the remainder of his things from Mary Bledsoe's lodgings and left a mess behind. Mrs. Bledsoe said, "Good luck. You know, I thought to myself, 'That's good riddance.'" Oswald, Bledsoe testified, had left behind a map showing bus routes and possible work sites. "I just threw it away and clean up the room. Just threw it away…. didn't pay any attention to it." (Deposition of Mary Bledsoe, 6H 406-407)

October 14, 1963— between 4: 00 and 5: 00 p.m., CDT— Dallas, Texas.
Lee Oswald makes the first of six $ 8 payments for his rented room at 1026 N. Beckley, rented under the name "O.H. Lee"; Subsequent payments were made every seven days: October 21, 28; November 4, 11,* and 18. The page noting these payments and nothing else is stamped "Top Secret" in two places. (Gladys Johnson Exhibit A, 20H 276)
Note: the cited exhibit, "Gladys Johnson A," contained a complete list of boarders at 1026 N. Beckley. The dwelling itself, while unprepossessing from the street, is quite large and offers board in twenty-two bedrooms— as testified to by Mrs. Johnson (Deposition of Mrs. Arthur Carl (Gladys J.) Johnson, 10H 292)
For reasons known best to those who classify such exhibits, it was initially classified "Top Secret." It was eventually declassified, as it was published in the 26 volumes. Some researchers have hypothesized that 1026 N. Beckley was essentially a safe house.
(*) Oswald did not, in point of fact, make a payment on November 11, 1963; it was a Monday, and celebrated as Veterans' Day, and he remained with Marina and his two daughters at Ruth Paine's house.
Earlene Roberts would testify that he always paid regularly and promptly, but did not make that payment until he returned to 1026 N. Beckley at approximately 5: 00 p.m. on Tuesday. (Deposition of Earlene Roberts, 6H 442)
That testimony was essentially corroborated by Gladys Johnson, the property owner, he testified he paid the rent on the 12th, "I would say the next 5 minutes after he walked into the house from work." (Deposition of Mrs. Arthur Carl (Gladys J.) Johnson, 10H 297)
Note: Just as Oswald visited the Elsbeth Avenue site in Dallas, according to landlord Mahlon Tobias, three weeks in advance, so he visited 1026 N. Beckley in advance: "I came home that afternoon(*) and he seen the room for rent sign— the first time he came by, I happened to have just rented the last room that one time. Occasionally, I will have them full and then they just go vacant; people just come in and out, stay a week and then are gone, anyway, at that time, I didn't have a room."
[Warren Commission Counsel Joseph] Ball: "The first time he came to see you?"
Johnson: "Yes; that's something about 3 weeks before he came back." (Deposition of Mrs. Arthur Carl (Gladys J.) Johnson, 10H 293).

Yet Oswald did get a room when he returned, on October 14; three weeks before that would be September 23, 1963, the day before he fled the Garners' lodging on Magazine Street in New Orleans. FROM THERE HE WENT TO MEXICO, and is believed to have returned on October 3. So Gladys Johnson's three week estimate is off by more than double— as the earliest he could have stopped would have been 10 days before, or, put another way, "last week." "Three weeks" is a specific designation of time, even if hedged by "about three weeks."

Someone is being Oswald, and lining up the ducks for him. There is no other explanation for this non-stop pattern of anomalies— especially since the Johnson estimate would also coincide with the approximate time when Lee Oswald did not— because he could not have— visit Sylvia Odio.
Note: In a lighter vein, Mrs. Johnson has a rental document page signed by "O.H. Lee," which she insists the Warren Commission should photo copy: "I have been told that I could sell this and I haven't gotten any money. I think about $ 30 is what I received [from what source is unclear and unasked], all the trouble and all I've had and I've had to take the rugs up once or twice. People like to have driven us crazy before we asked for any information what to do." (Deposition of Mrs. Arthur Carl (Gladys J.) Johnson, 10H 294).
She would add that her boarding receipts had declined because of Oswald's presence in that dwelling.
She told of Oswald never leaving his room, eating there, keeping meat and milk in the refrigerator, and never speaking: "That man never talked; that was the only peculiarity about him. He would never speak." (Deposition of Mrs. Arthur Carl (Gladys J.) Johnson, 10H 296)
Comment: Perhaps this individual, like the "Depository Oswald" was silent because he lacked the fundamental basics in the English language— but perhaps HE was fluent in Russian.

October 14, 1963, "early afternoon," 1: 00 or 2: 00 p.m. CST; Dallas, Texas. Earlene Roberts rents a room at 1026 N. Beckley to a man who registered as "O.H. Lee," and she would testify that she did this "to my sorrows."
When asked, "Why to your sorrows?"
She answered, "Well, he was registered as O.H. Lee and I come to find out he was Oswald and I wish I had never known it… they put me through the third degree… The FBI, Secret Service, Mr. Will Fritz' men and Bill Decker's… Every time I would walk out on the front porch somebody was standing with a camera on me— they had me scared to death." (Deposition of Earlene Roberts, 6H 435-436)
Note: In assessing the groups who gave her "the third degree," Mrs. Roberts could have added, "The Warren Commission," as they pointedly— and repeatedly— asked her whether or she knew Oswald (Mr. Lee) had a gun or if she ever saw one, to the point of asking her if she went through his personal belongings when she cleaned his room.

October 14, 1963— late afternoon, CST, Irving, Texas. Ruth Paine, aware that there may be a job at the Texas School Book Depository, telephoned Roy Truly to learn if a position is available, and is told that there is an opening, albeit temporary. (Testimony of Ruth Paine, 3H 34)

ROKC additions:

October 14 1963 was a very busy day for the suburban Quaker charity lady Ruth Paine;

-Getting a cyrillic typewriter repaired

-Giving Lee a lift to Dallas near as she could to Texas Employment Commission (TEC)

-Having coffee with the neighbors and organizing a job for Lee without even knowing if he got one for himself that day thru the TEC

-Writing a letter full of praise for Lee to her mother., But not enough praise to drive Lee the 10 miles between a job interview at a lumberyard and Oak Cliff where he has to wander about looking to spot for rent signs in yards for at least another mile in distance....carrying his clothes on a hanger, and a sea bag. 

Busy day the 14th, unlucky too.

Cheers, Ed

Edited by Ed LeDoux

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Ed LeDoux said:

So the notes get cherry picked by Hosty and some Reid Technique malfeasance and turned into a near confession by Oswald... 

To Jim DiEugenio,

I'd proclaim the second most important reason for the Beckley bag job will always relate to alibi and means.

Put the man in the area where he gets a pistol and leaves the holster behind.

Classic alibi manipulation 

They take away Oswald's movie alibi and insert a ridiculous dash to buses, cabs, rooming houses, yet moments of time suspended while Mr Lee waits at a inbound bus stop, then a dash through Oak Cliff to again, slowly stroll the wrong way whilst being stopped by a policeman, a shooting, more dashing through alleys or was it down Jefferson... anyways the suspect dashes all the way down a major thoroughfare only to duck into a alcove, where the store manager gets suspicious and dashes after this man, who ducks into a theater unseen by the ticket seller or ticket taker. Calls to police about the malicious movie goer make cops dash into the theater and go straight up to the balcony, all the while the shoe store manager is hiding behind the curtains watching the cops in the balcony... nothing is said by the shoe store manager as one suspect is being questioned up on the balcony steps, he stays hidden and quiet... When cops enter the stage door the shoe store manager still doesnt say who is the man... cops start frisking everyone.

Only when Oswald gets his crotch grabbed by a policeman and knocks his hat off does a melee insue. 

Later the policemen says a different man in the front row, and not the overpaid shoe salesman as whom pointed out Oswald as the man they wanted.

The alibis were easy pickings by DPD and the truth or notes of the truth hurt the whole bloody story.

Cheers, Ed

Quite a story you got going there Ed. 

Now it's the Cops intentionally putting Oswald's residence at 1026 North Beckley so they can frame him with an empty holster that they already knew was there? 

Oh yeah, that's real believable. 

As I have stated before about this Rube Goldberg theory, it take bizarre answers to support it. So far you have demonstrated that perfectly. 

And of course all those letters, birth certificate, Russian literature recovered at Beckley were just planted I guess. Huh?

Ed:

I leave your thread proposing that Lee Oswald did not stay at 1026 North  Beckley with you and your conscience as a researcher. People differ in their willingness to accept very improbable events and you clearly have a much lower threshold than I have.  There is no way to progress this thread as there is no solid evidence to add. It is not about rational discussion, it is more about what we are willing to construct from hints and weak data. I took note of all your points, however, I found none of your points convincing enough to reject 1026 North Beckley as Lee Oswald's rooming house. 

On 2/2/2020 at 8:39 AM, Ed LeDoux said:

From Walt Brown's Chronology:

October 14, 1963—time unstated, but a.m., CST— Dallas, Texas. Ruth Paine vaguely recalls driving Lee Oswald into Dallas on that date. (Testimony of Ruth Paine, 3H 32)
Note: It is highly likely that Ruth Paine drove Lee Oswald somewhere that day, as he had arrived at the Paine residence on Saturday, October 12, fully aware that Mary Bledsoe no longer desired his presence as a roomer in her home.
He took more than the usual personal items TO the Paine house, and had to then find new lodgings (1026 N. Beckley), deposit his things there, and return to Bledsoe's (621 N. Marsalis) and collect what remained there.
Because his belongings were at Bledsoe's for a week, and because she had no intention of giving him a refund either way, he got no refund.
Subsequent testimony by Ruth Paine is more clear on the event— she recalled driving Lee Oswald into Dallas on a day when she took her typewriter— with Cyrillic [Russian alphabet] keys, into town to get it repaired.
She found the repair tag and the checks she write to the Weaver Office Machines Co. "when we went to pick up the machine" on October 18, so her recollection is clear that she drove Lee Oswald into Dallas on Monday the fourteenth— the beginning of a week in which he would find new living quarters and new employment. (Deposition of Ruth Paine, 9H 428) 

ROKC additions:

October 14 1963 was a very busy day for the suburban Quaker charity lady Ruth Paine;

-Getting a cyrillic typewriter repaired

-Giving Lee a lift to Dallas near as she could to Texas Employment Commission (TEC)

-Having coffee with the neighbors and organizing a job for Lee without even knowing if he got one for himself that day thru the TEC

-Writing a letter full of praise for Lee to her mother., But not enough praise to drive Lee the 10 miles between a job interview at a lumberyard and Oak Cliff where he has to wander about looking to spot for rent signs in yards for at least another mile in distance....carrying his clothes on a hanger, and a sea bag. 

Busy day the 14th, unlucky too.

Cheers, Ed

Deleted

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

Well it’s time to call this theory DEBUNKED. When Ed LeDoux starts quoting Walt Brown’s timeline stating Oswald went to Beckley, there’s no reason to discuss this forward. Time to move on to more meaningful discussions. 

The notes are pinning Beckley on Oswald, or Framing him to get easy evidence past a court, heck they grab a justice of the peace to seal the deal then and there.

and lo and behold they dont even get a search warrant for Oswald 

Nor OH Lee 

Nor Mr. Lee 

Nope, the JOTP writes it as UNKNOWN PERSONS, Plural. 

Damn conspiracy theorists ...

Cheers, Ed

No inclusion of Earlene- Gladys- or AC Johnson's name anywhere in Oswald's notebook or on Oswald.

This means Lee Oswald did not know them by name or otherwise.

He looked at a room, maybe.

He didnt rent it though.

Took another. Got kicked out. Then what?

He had all weekend to check out, call, or reserve a room somewhere.. but no.

For the second time in a row he doesnt call Gladys.

No No Steve Roe.

He supposedly just shows up Monday and just happens the for rent sign is out??? And yet only a tiny room is available.

He says with a straight face. This is farcical. Roe will never be able to answer this simple question. Why didnt Lee call Gladys from Ruths Saturday? or Sunday, or Monday morning?

Why didnt Oswald call?

Roe has shown he had the number...

Ruth had a working phone.

So Roe? Where's the calls... or did he call to get the address?? hahaha so he could stop by and check to see if the sign is out. 

Oh my.

Did Mary Bledsoe testify to Oswald or Ruth calling her about rentals?

No????

Why not Steve Roe?

Cheers!!!

Ed

I respect and admire Ed LeDoux and a number of the other posters @ ROKC.

But I feel compelled to raise several things which haven’t yet been addressed.

As for how DPD ascertained Oswald’s address, I suggest the throwdown wallet at the Tippitt murder scene contained more than just ID in the names of Oswald and Hidell, namely the address of his boarding house.

Conspirators patsy-fying Oswald would have no way of determining in advance the means by which DPD would be able to track down Oswald, the fleeing assassin and cop-killer.  Leaving the wallet at the crime scene focused attention directly upon Oswald.    

If so, we also have a viable means by which Fritz learned of a Beckley Street address, from an officer in the hallway, just as Fritz had said.

Moreover, having that address in the wallet is what allows DPD to show up at North Beckley even prior to Oswald’s arrival at DPD.

And they did show up there before Oswald’s arrival at the DPD, based upon the consistent testimony of both Mr. & Mrs. Johnson and Earlene Roberts.  

A.C. Johnson and his wife testified that they left their restaurant as soon as they heard from a Cotton Belt Railroad policeman who phoned them to say that Kennedy had been shot.  They went into their car to listen to the radio (their restaurant didn’t have one) from which they learned JFK was dead.  Within 5 minutes or so, they left to go to their boarding house, which by A.C.’s reckoning took another five minutes to reach by car.

If that testimony is reasonably accurate, it creates a timeline of some interest.

The Johnsons received the call telling them of JFK being shot.  At some point thereafter, they learned via radio that the president was dead.  Now, JFK was officially pronounced dead at 1pm.  But the official announcement of his death wasn’t made for a further half hour.  Walter Cronkite reported the news @ 1:38 Dallas time.  Local radio may have been slightly quicker to report the president’s death.

If we assume that the Johnsons  learned of JFK’s death at +/- 1:30 pm, they’d be home not long thereafter.  A.C. Johnson testified it took them five minutes to shut the restaurant and another five minutes to reach the boarding house.  So, they would have arrived at 1:45-ish.  Both Johnsons testified that the police appeared within a half hour of their arrival.  Which would be by about 2:15 pm at the outside.

By assuming - arguendo - that DPD found the Beckley Street address in the throwdown wallet of the Tippitt scene, we have a logical inference as to how DPD were already at the Beckley rooming house before LHO had even been processed downtown.  Given that police didn’t locate evidence of Oswald’s residency in the guest register, the instruction went out that the search warrant should be granted for “person/s unknown.”

Such a warrant gives the bearer access to everything in the house.  Based upon the assumption that police didn’t know under what name their suspect was working, “persons unknown” could apply to anybody, no matter the name they use.

Aside from this hypothetical thought experiment, Ed and others who argue Oswald never lived @ Beckley must nevertheless reconcile another anomaly I haven’t seen addressed.

When police didn’t locate an “Oswald” in the guest register, and when Roberts and the Johnsons claimed not to know a tenant named “Oswald,” all three said “there’s the man” when they saw Oswald on TV, being paraded into custody.  No matter what name they knew him under, they knew him to see him.  If Oswald never lived at Beckley, how does this happen?

Next, we come to: what advantage is theoretically gained by the subterfuge of Oswald living in an unknown location, while a false tenancy @ Beckley is “constructed?”  (Remember: the Johnsons and Roberts all identified the same man as being their tenant.)  

It has been presumed by some that the official version is the result of DPD incompetence.  Oswald wasn’t a tenant @ Beckley, but a man named “Lee” was.  It simply suited DPD to maintain the pretense that Oswald was a Beckley resident, despite the fact that this was based upon sloppy misidentification.  Perhaps.

Or maybe despite Oswald’s absence from Beckley, there were Beckley tenants who were in some way implicated in the assassination, but DPD failed to plumb their hidden depths.  Or knew of those depths and for whatever putative reason chose to probe no further.  Perhaps.  After all, conspirators are eschewed when the entire framework has been prefabricated to depict a lone gunman.

No matter what the reason was for Oswald’s absence from Beckley in the ROKC hypothesis, the fact remains that details exist which cannot be reconciled by the hypothesis.

How does Oswald know to tell police that the work clothes he’d worn that morning were in the bottom drawer of his dresser?  Where - surprise surprise - DPD found precisely the clothing described.  If Oswald didn’t stop by @ 1 pm per Earlene Roberts, how did he know where his work clothes were @ Beckley?  And if his Friday work clothes were discovered in his dresser later on that Friday, how did they get there?  And how did Oswald know precisely where police would find them?

More to the point; assuming - again, arguendo - the conspirators plotting to implicate Oswald via the throwdown wallet wanted to leave a trail pointing police directly to the fleeing assassin, it needed to include his current address.  Who carries a wallet that doesn’t have some type of contact information, or ID with an address, even if not a phone number?  Or it could include a phone number:  “If lost, finder please call...” or “return to such & such an address.”

But there may be another piece of ID which is not in the extant record, but the existence of which was sworn to by those who should know: a driver’s licence.

If there ever was a drivers licence (genuine or not) in Oswald’s name - as has been hypothesized by a number of researchers - said licence would invariably include an address.  Said licence - assuming it existed - was scuttled and made to disappear almost immediately.  

Police would soon ascertain whether the licence was genuine.  But Oswald had no licence.  What does one make of a throwdown wallet containing a falsified driver’s licence, with a real man’s most recent address, when no such licence has been granted to him?  What rationale or motive are there for such fabrication?        

Further, additional A.C. Johnson testimony yields an additional reason to believe the throwdown wallet was real and contained a driver’s licence.  Per A.C. @ the Commission deposition:

Mr. JOHNSON. Well, they wanted to see the rooms. They had described his age, his build, and so forth.

What other than a driver’s licence would contain not just name and address, but also “age, build and so forth?”

If said licence or other identifying documentation for “Oswald” in the throwdown wallet contained an address, DPD knew who they were looking for and where he lived not long after Tippit’s shooting.

How then to reconcile the time elapsed between DPD’s discovery of the Tippit murder scene wallet (1:15-ish) with DPD arriving at Beckley (2:15-sh)?  Why did it take an hour to follow that up?

Our timeline might require tightening:

Mr. BELIN. How long had you been at the house when the officers arrived?

Mr. JOHNSON. Oh, probably 30 minutes.                    

Mr. BELIN. Do you remember about what time of the day they arrived?

Mr. JOHNSON. Well, it must have been around 1:30 or 2 o'clock--the best I remember.

Johnson’s wife gave similar testimony regarding the timing:

Mr. BALL. Did you ever know his true name was Lee Harvey Oswald?

Mrs. JOHNSON. No; not until we saw his picture flash on the television as the officers were out. Those particulars was found in his pocket after he killed Tippit, after his arrest. So I came from the restaurant, I guess 1 or 1:30, and these officers were there 1:30 or 2, something like that, anyway, it was after this assassination, and as I drove in, well, the officers were there and they told me that they was looking for this character and I told them I didn't think I had anyone by that name there but we went through the register carefully two or three times and there was no Oswald there ...

Earlene Roberts’ testimony contains no mention of when police arrived, but her affidavit of Dec. 5/63 outlines her story of Oswald coming to put on a jacket at about 1 pm, with the following nugget.

“About thirty minutes later (after Oswald had left just after 1 pm), three Dallas policemen came to the house looking for Lee Harvey Oswald.”

Both the Johnsons pegged the arrival of DPD between 1:30 and 2:00 pm.  Roberts said it was about 1:30 pm.

Yet at 1:30 pm, Oswald had just been spotted by Johnny Calvin Brewer, whose attention was drawn to Oswald by his apparently shifty looking behavior.  The incident is less important than the time it occurred.  All 3 Beckley owner/operators claimed police arrived well before they could have known why to visit Beckley.

But revisit Mrs. Johnson’s testimony above and it gets stranger still:

“...So I came from the restaurant, I guess 1 or 1:30, and these officers were there 1:30 or 2...”

The awkward wording suggests the police were already there when she arrived.  But that couldn’t be.....and I doubt it was her intention; yet, again, we encounter precisely the same suggestion later in the same sentence:

“... and as I drove in, well, the officers were there and they told me that they was looking for this character...”

In closing, let me suggest that the throwdown wallet likely contained ID with the Beckley address, perhaps a driver’s licence (genuine or not) which would have included the Beckley address.  It explains the otherwise puzzling ability of DPD to show an interest in an address well before having the reason to do so.

Such a supposition also explains why such a driver’s licence - genuine or not - has been deep-sixed.  For police to brandish the throwdown wallet information would be to admit that a wallet full of Oswald ID was found near Tippit’s body, precisely as originally intended by those who fabricated it.  

Yet, how can a man arrested in possession of his own wallet have so thoughtfully left behind at a murder scene a second wallet containing his ID?  Was Oswald trying to incriminate himself?  Or was somebody else doing that very thing, unbeknownst to him?

The emergence of a falsified driver’s licence in the throwdown wallet would have been particularly telling.  The only reason for fabricating that driver’s licence and leaving it at the Tippit murder scene was to incriminate Oswald.  There can be no mundane, non-conspiratorial explanation for this.

2 hours ago, Robert Charles-Dunne said:

I respect and admire Ed LeDoux and a number of the other posters @ ROKC.

But I feel compelled to raise several things which haven’t yet been addressed.

As for how DPD ascertained Oswald’s address, I suggest the throwdown wallet at the Tippitt murder scene contained more than just ID in the names of Oswald and Hidell, namely the address of his boarding house.

Conspirators patsy-fying Oswald would have no way of determining in advance the means by which DPD would be able to track down Oswald, the fleeing assassin and cop-killer.  Leaving the wallet at the crime scene focused attention directly upon Oswald.    

If so, we also have a viable means by which Fritz learned of a Beckley Street address, from an officer in the hallway, just as Fritz had said.

Moreover, having that address in the wallet is what allows DPD to show up at North Beckley even prior to Oswald’s arrival at DPD.

And they did show up there before Oswald’s arrival at the DPD, based upon the consistent testimony of both Mr. & Mrs. Johnson and Earlene Roberts.  

A.C. Johnson and his wife testified that they left their restaurant as soon as they heard from a Cotton Belt Railroad policeman who phoned them to say that Kennedy had been shot.  They went into their car to listen to the radio (their restaurant didn’t have one) from which they learned JFK was dead.  Within 5 minutes or so, they left to go to their boarding house, which by A.C.’s reckoning took another five minutes to reach by car.

If that testimony is reasonably accurate, it creates a timeline of some interest.

The Johnsons received the call telling them of JFK being shot.  At some point thereafter, they learned via radio that the president was dead.  Now, JFK was officially pronounced dead at 1pm.  But the official announcement of his death wasn’t made for a further half hour.  Walter Cronkite reported the news @ 1:38 Dallas time.  Local radio may have been slightly quicker to report the president’s death.

If we assume that the Johnsons  learned of JFK’s death at +/- 1:30 pm, they’d be home not long thereafter.  A.C. Johnson testified it took them five minutes to shut the restaurant and another five minutes to reach the boarding house.  So, they would have arrived at 1:45-ish.  Both Johnsons testified that the police appeared within a half hour of their arrival.  Which would be by about 2:15 pm at the outside.

By assuming - arguendo - that DPD found the Beckley Street address in the throwdown wallet of the Tippitt scene, we have a logical inference as to how DPD were already at the Beckley rooming house before LHO had even been processed downtown.  Given that police didn’t locate evidence of Oswald’s residency in the guest register, the instruction went out that the search warrant should be granted for “person/s unknown.”

Such a warrant gives the bearer access to everything in the house.  Based upon the assumption that police didn’t know under what name their suspect was working, “persons unknown” could apply to anybody, no matter the name they use.

Aside from this hypothetical thought experiment, Ed and others who argue Oswald never lived @ Beckley must nevertheless reconcile another anomaly I haven’t seen addressed.

When police didn’t locate an “Oswald” in the guest register, and when Roberts and the Johnsons claimed not to know a tenant named “Oswald,” all three said “there’s the man” when they saw Oswald on TV, being paraded into custody.  No matter what name they knew him under, they knew him to see him.  If Oswald never lived at Beckley, how does this happen?

Next, we come to: what advantage is theoretically gained by the subterfuge of Oswald living in an unknown location, while a false tenancy @ Beckley is “constructed?”  (Remember: the Johnsons and Roberts all identified the same man as being their tenant.)  

It has been presumed by some that the official version is the result of DPD incompetence.  Oswald wasn’t a tenant @ Beckley, but a man named “Lee” was.  It simply suited DPD to maintain the pretense that Oswald was a Beckley resident, despite the fact that this was based upon sloppy misidentification.  Perhaps.

Or maybe despite Oswald’s absence from Beckley, there were Beckley tenants who were in some way implicated in the assassination, but DPD failed to plumb their hidden depths.  Or knew of those depths and for whatever putative reason chose to probe no further.  Perhaps.  After all, conspirators are eschewed when the entire framework has been prefabricated to depict a lone gunman.

No matter what the reason was for Oswald’s absence from Beckley in the ROKC hypothesis, the fact remains that details exist which cannot be reconciled by the hypothesis.

How does Oswald know to tell police that the work clothes he’d worn that morning were in the bottom drawer of his dresser?  Where - surprise surprise - DPD found precisely the clothing described.  If Oswald didn’t stop by @ 1 pm per Earlene Roberts, how did he know where his work clothes were @ Beckley?  And if his Friday work clothes were discovered in his dresser later on that Friday, how did they get there?  And how did Oswald know precisely where police would find them?

More to the point; assuming - again, arguendo - the conspirators plotting to implicate Oswald via the throwdown wallet wanted to leave a trail pointing police directly to the fleeing assassin, it needed to include his current address.  Who carries a wallet that doesn’t have some type of contact information, or ID with an address, even if not a phone number?  Or it could include a phone number:  “If lost, finder please call...” or “return to such & such an address.”

But there may be another piece of ID which is not in the extant record, but the existence of which was sworn to by those who should know: a driver’s licence.

If there ever was a drivers licence (genuine or not) in Oswald’s name - as has been hypothesized by a number of researchers - said licence would invariably include an address.  Said licence - assuming it existed - was scuttled and made to disappear almost immediately.  

Police would soon ascertain whether the licence was genuine.  But Oswald had no licence.  What does one make of a throwdown wallet containing a falsified driver’s licence, with a real man’s most recent address, when no such licence has been granted to him?  What rationale or motive are there for such fabrication?        

Further, additional A.C. Johnson testimony yields an additional reason to believe the throwdown wallet was real and contained a driver’s licence.  Per A.C. @ the Commission deposition:

Mr. JOHNSON. Well, they wanted to see the rooms. They had described his age, his build, and so forth.

What other than a driver’s licence would contain not just name and address, but also “age, build and so forth?”

If said licence or other identifying documentation for “Oswald” in the throwdown wallet contained an address, DPD knew who they were looking for and where he lived not long after Tippit’s shooting.

How then to reconcile the time elapsed between DPD’s discovery of the Tippit murder scene wallet (1:15-ish) with DPD arriving at Beckley (2:15-sh)?  Why did it take an hour to follow that up?

Our timeline might require tightening:

Mr. BELIN. How long had you been at the house when the officers arrived?

Mr. JOHNSON. Oh, probably 30 minutes.                    

Mr. BELIN. Do you remember about what time of the day they arrived?

Mr. JOHNSON. Well, it must have been around 1:30 or 2 o'clock--the best I remember.

Johnson’s wife gave similar testimony regarding the timing:

Mr. BALL. Did you ever know his true name was Lee Harvey Oswald?

Mrs. JOHNSON. No; not until we saw his picture flash on the television as the officers were out. Those particulars was found in his pocket after he killed Tippit, after his arrest. So I came from the restaurant, I guess 1 or 1:30, and these officers were there 1:30 or 2, something like that, anyway, it was after this assassination, and as I drove in, well, the officers were there and they told me that they was looking for this character and I told them I didn't think I had anyone by that name there but we went through the register carefully two or three times and there was no Oswald there ...

Earlene Roberts’ testimony contains no mention of when police arrived, but her affidavit of Dec. 5/63 outlines her story of Oswald coming to put on a jacket at about 1 pm, with the following nugget.

“About thirty minutes later (after Oswald had left just after 1 pm), three Dallas policemen came to the house looking for Lee Harvey Oswald.”

Both the Johnsons pegged the arrival of DPD between 1:30 and 2:00 pm.  Roberts said it was about 1:30 pm.

Yet at 1:30 pm, Oswald had just been spotted by Johnny Calvin Brewer, whose attention was drawn to Oswald by his apparently shifty looking behavior.  The incident is less important than the time it occurred.  All 3 Beckley owner/operators claimed police arrived well before they could have known why to visit Beckley.

But revisit Mrs. Johnson’s testimony above and it gets stranger still:

“...So I came from the restaurant, I guess 1 or 1:30, and these officers were there 1:30 or 2...”

The awkward wording suggests the police were already there when she arrived.  But that couldn’t be.....and I doubt it was her intention; yet, again, we encounter precisely the same suggestion later in the same sentence:

“... and as I drove in, well, the officers were there and they told me that they was looking for this character...”

In closing, let me suggest that the throwdown wallet likely contained ID with the Beckley address, perhaps a driver’s licence (genuine or not) which would have included the Beckley address.  It explains the otherwise puzzling ability of DPD to show an interest in an address well before having the reason to do so.

Such a supposition also explains why such a driver’s licence - genuine or not - has been deep-sixed.  For police to brandish the throwdown wallet information would be to admit that a wallet full of Oswald ID was found near Tippit’s body, precisely as originally intended by those who fabricated it.  

Yet, how can a man arrested in possession of his own wallet have so thoughtfully left behind at a murder scene a second wallet containing his ID?  Was Oswald trying to incriminate himself?  Or was somebody else doing that very thing, unbeknownst to him?

The emergence of a falsified driver’s licence in the throwdown wallet would have been particularly telling.  The only reason for fabricating that driver’s licence and leaving it at the Tippit murder scene was to incriminate Oswald.  There can be no mundane, non-conspiratorial explanation for this.

A long post, so let’s cut to the bottom line here. Did Oswald live at 1026 North Beckley or not? A simple question to you. 

4 hours ago, Andrej Stancak said:

Does the lady who was eleven years old in 1963 and who knew Mr. Lee from seeing him at Gladys Johnson's rooming house look like she is fabricating her memories?

Well that’s her own recollections. According to ROKC, she’s not telling the truth. Let me take this moment, since you bring up Pat Hall, this debate/conversation was already been hashed out months ago with ROKC Parker, Kamp and LeDoux on social media. All of it got erased (or did it ;)). Pat Hall was in the middle of this after ROKC called her a xxxx and her family a bunch of money grabbing opportunists. Parker, Kamp and LeDoux will never tell you about this on their endless parlour games. 

4 hours ago, Steve Roe said:

Well that’s her own recollections. According to ROKC, she’s not telling the truth. Let me take this moment, since you bring up Pat Hall, this debate/conversation was already been hashed out months ago with ROKC Parker, Kamp and LeDoux on social media. All of it got erased (or did it ;)). Pat Hall was in the middle of this after ROKC called her a xxxx and her family a bunch of money grabbing opportunists. Parker, Kamp and LeDoux will never tell you about this on their endless parlour games. 

Now you are telling rubbish.

It was you who stopped replying to our evidence and replies.

I am still waiting for your answer on the finger prints on the holster and the fact that there was a gun and commie literature there with kids playing in that unlocked room and Johnson and Roberts about their denials of there ever being a gun inside that room.

It was you who walked away after being confronted about this twice. And it was you who insisted on having the debate here.

And let me add on it was you who accused me falsely in a Tx FB group of unsubstantiated drivel who could not back any of that up in that post after being asked for it.

Pathetic!

And if you do not know who Brain Doyle is then you are playing silly games again as well, as he was kicked by Dennis M. out of the group there after he was such an annoying tr0ll.and you were right there.

Funny infantile games you play Steve Roe. Come back  when you post that evidence on the holster or keep schtumm.

Edited by Bart Kamp

3 hours ago, Steve Roe said:

ROKC Greg Parker, is he a member here? 

No, and you and Hess were invited to show up at ROKC months ago already.

Again the silence was deafening.