The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

Trump-loving Arizona secretary of state candidate posted about stockpiling ammo while keeping a 'treason watch list'

by Brad Reed Ausust 16, 2022.

https://www.rawstory.com/mark-finchem-2657869737/

“Mark Finchem, the Oath Keeper-allied Republican nominee to be Arizona's next secretary of state, made inflammatory social media posts about stockpiling ammunition and keeping a "Treason Watch List."”

"On Twitter, he shared conspiracies that multiple ships docked at a Virginia naval station might be a target for a second Pearl Harbor-type attack," CNN reports. "He said Satan ruled the United States and said gun ownership should be mandatory. In one post, he called for the impeachment of Obama, who was then President, for letting his daughter go on vacation in Mexico."

Another one of Trump's stable geniuses.

Steve Thomas

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

2 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

My greatest concern is seeing half our country championing Trump, no matter how many proven facts reveal him to be the seriously mentally ill and dangerous bad character person Dr. Bandy Lee describes.

Thankfully I think it's less than half; at most it's 1/3, but I obviously share your concern. Trump lost quite a bit of support after 1/6.

Not much of anything changes overnight in the U.S.; the country is too big for that to be feasible, but believe it or not it's trending in the right direction with regard to Trump. He is getting less, rather than more, popular. Because of the cult-like behavior of so many of his followers, it will be a gradual process.

53 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

“Mark Finchem, the Oath Keeper-allied Republican nominee to be Arizona's next secretary of state, made inflammatory social media posts about stockpiling ammunition and keeping a "Treason Watch List."”

"On Twitter, he shared conspiracies that multiple ships docked at a Virginia naval station might be a target for a second Pearl Harbor-type attack," CNN reports. "He said Satan ruled the United States and said gun ownership should be mandatory. In one post, he called for the impeachment of Obama, who was then President, for letting his daughter go on vacation in Mexico."

A lot of the MAGA people in Arizona have spent too much time in the sun.

Lead AOL news story is about Trump and his "revenge" tour where he is verbally working up his base and attacking any Republican political candidate that in any way was disloyal to his standing at any time.

Trump asked Garland to "turn down the heat"...but does the opposite himself in his daily public pronouncements?

The hypocrisy craziness never ends.

2 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'The best is yet to come Wait for it. Merrick Garland'

For those who haven't heard it, the young Canadian crooner, Michael Buble, does a great cover of this Sinatra/Count Basie classic.  Not an easy song to sing.

Edited by W. Niederhut

NBC News:

Passports belonging to Donald Trump have been returned to the former president after last week's FBI search of his Mar-a-Lago home, a Justice Department official told NBC News on Monday.

The FBI acknowledged it had had the passports the same day Trump said on his social media platform that FBI agents who conducted the search on Aug. 8 took them.

---30---

Maybe Trump had tucked some nuclear secrets into the passports. Or encrypted the booklets with nuclear codes info somehow. A microchip for example. 

Ben,

Trump, certainly, made a fuss about his passports, while playing the victim and firing up his base.

But he's not a victim.  He mishandled U.S. government property, then he refused to comply with a subpoena.

The search warrant would never have been necessary if Trump had simply obeyed the law, right?

Edited by W. Niederhut

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

For those who haven't heard it, the young Canadian crooner, Michael Buble, does a great cover of this Sinatra/Count Basie classic.  Not an easy song to sing.

W, this is what the minions hear.

(Trump having two unexpired passports and one expired passport isn’t the issue—government officials generally have two passports. What is interesting, if this news is true, is the FBI is acknowledging what I’ve long said, which is that as a factual matter Trump is a flight risk.)

---30---

When the topic is Trump, people (Donk or 'Phant) seem to go bananas.

Trump is guilty, never mind a trial, or he is innocent, never mind a trial. 

Federal intel agencies, in the past considered oppressive arms of a heavy-handed state, are now public servants of the highest order...or vice versa. 

I like the idea of Trump as a "flight risk." Reminds me of the old Jimmy Durante joke, "What elephant?" Laugh if you are old enough to remember....

BTW/Side note:  A recent meme was that 200 or 300 Proud Boys, in a contingent, moved on the Capitol on Jan. 6. The only problem: Despite the ubiquitous smartphone, heavy security camera coverage of the Mall, and a documentarian film-maker following the Proud Boys....no one has shown a video of the contingent, not even during the 1/6 hearings, and nowhere on Youtube that I can find. 

I did find a NYT video that shows about 60 Proud Boys gathered near base of the Washington Monument, after which they dispersed into small clumps, and they were not dressed in Proud Boy colors, per directive of Enrique Tarrio.

Doing a freeze frame head count of the NYT video, I tally about 60 Proud Boys at the Washington Monument. 

Does anyone know of a video showing the 200-300 member Proud Boys contingent heading towards the Capitol on 1/6?

I would welcome such a video, but the facts seem to suggest that no contingent of such size ever existed. This seems to be a meme perpetrated by the 1/6 committee and then presented as fact by the M$M. 

18 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

There but for the grace of god...

Matt, I probably say this once a day, if not more. I consider myself lucky. 

Anyone can end up anywhere with a few turns of bad luck, a medical or auto accident, a really bad spouse, you name it.  Some high fraction of American today are depressed or taking mental meds. 

Of course that's true, "there but for the grace of God" as Matt said. That's why people fought for a safety net for you. While you're off pontificating about  "Da donks!" and "da deep state"and.Hilary Clinton and the Presidency that never existed. There's another party that wants to take away your 50 year contribution to ss, before you might choose to collect it.
Get engaged in at least knowing what your economic interests are and finding out what you could collect, not only for you, but for your wife and kids sake then. It sounds from your illogical answers that maybe your afraid to look because maybe you haven't contributed as much on the ss grid. But you might be somewhat pleasantly surprised.

Ben:Perhaps you have tread through life without blunder. Congratulations. 

A little drama there, Ben.? No I haven't treaded through my life without blunder, who really has? For example , in regards to this stuff, I've wondered if  I've made the right decisions concerning medicare. Now that's a real morass!
You should see this is how you react to somebody giving you well needed advice.

Incidentally Liz Cheney called and says now that she has more time, she  wants to have that "man to man" talk with you. I told her Ben "can't be reached."  I thought that was the best thing to say to protect you and not have to lie about it.

heh heh

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

3 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

W, I feel a tribute is in order as Elvis died 45 years ago today and I remember that night.  So, I'll raise you and Doug on what I hope might happen with a Texas twist.  Stick around for the I been bad, I been good, Dallas Texas, (not in) Hollywood.