The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

7 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

The Three Stooges of RussiaGate Denial: Glenn Greenwald, Matt Taibbi, and Aaron Mate.

I only see your opinions now as a script writer Cliff. Ice bullets and  Russiagate would make a great scripts for a fictional movie, just like your plot twists that Deep State and Twitter are Trump supporters!! 

Edited by Matthew Koch

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

- Donald Trump -

“A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution.”

I wonder if Trump is going to from a new country, and what he will call it.

Steve Thomas

13 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

That’s not what it says.

“Former head of Twitter Trust and Safety Yoel Roth submitted a disclosure to the FEC saying that the company had been warned by the FBI of a forthcoming Russian disinformation dump, and they assumed the New York Post's reporting was it. Federal law enforcement planted the seed in Twitter's collective mind, and Twitter used that intelligence to suppress the Post's report.”

So Twitter *assumed* the Post story was Russian disinfo after the FBI *planted a seed* — and that’s your idea of a fascist operation?

Since when did Obama dictate to the FBI?  The US Gov’t didn’t put out a phony story about Hillary’s e-mails — James Comey and the NYC FBI office did that.

I've never experience "Gaslighting" until talking to you Cliff

10 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:
Well you're right Matt, in 2013  Greenwald and Laura Poitras were given 250 million dollars from Ebay founder Pierre Omidyar, for their  startup, The Intercept! Just to put that in perspective The New York Times, which has about 1,200 journalists on its payroll, has an annual newsroom budget of around $200 million.  Greenwald left the intercept 2 years ago.

But there's more. The Reality Winner story is tied to Greenwald's Intercept.The earlier release of the Snowden domestic surveillance files "caught the attention of a naïve National Security Agency linguist with the improbable name of Reality Winner in 2017. Ms. Winner, then 25, had been listening to the site’s podcast. She printed out a secret report on Russian cyberattacks on American voting software that seemed to address some of Mr. Greenwald’s doubts about Russian interference in the 2016 campaign and mailed it to The Intercept’s Washington, D.C., post office box in early May.

The Intercept scrambled to publish a story on the report, ignoring the most basic security precautions. The lead reporter on the story sent a copy of the document, which contained a crease showing it had been printed out, to the N.S.A. media affairs office, all but identifying Ms. Winner as the leaker.

On June 3, about three weeks after Ms. Winner sent her letter, two F.B.I. agents showed up at her home in Georgia to arrest her. They announced the arrest soon after The Intercept’s article was published on June 5."

They ended up leaving her twisting in the wind and she's now serving 5 years and 3 months in prison because Free Speech absolutist Glenn Greenwald and Sidney Poitras didn't end up protecting  her.

“They sold her out, and they messed it up so that she would get caught, and they didn’t protect their source,” her mother, Billie Winner-Davis, said in a telephone interview last week. “The best years of her life are being spent in a system where she doesn’t belong.”

Reality Winner, a former National Security Agency linguist, is serving a prison sentence of five years and three months for mailing a classified U.S. report to The Intercept.

They clearly blew it and are all left blaming one another.
Do you think that might be why Mr. Greenwald has been increasingly engaged in the bitter feuds with the Democrats? I'd imagine they are just like Glenn's tweets diatribes, for people who just need to confirm all their biases over and over again.

www.nytimes.com/2020/09/13/business/media/the-intercept-source-reality-winner.html

*To those who think that the MSM including the NYT is   completely in bed with the NSS, in this article written 2 years ago, one of the opening paragraphs is this below.
It actually makes sense , they stick up for press freedoms because they may have to face the same problem with government disclosures themselves. Duh!

"The huge breach of the National Security Agency’s domestic surveillance program in June 2013 was one of the proudest moments in modern journalism, and one of the purest: A brave and disgusted whistle-blower, Edward Snowden, revealed the government’s extensive surveillance of American and foreign citizens. Two journalists protected their source, revealed his secrets and won the blessings of the Establishment — a Pulitzer Prize and an Oscar for it."

Kirk watch this!! You do the same thing as the antifa guy at the end. lolololols 

2 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

- Donald Trump -

“A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution.”

I wonder if Trump is going to form a new country, and what he will call it.

Steve Thomas

In the last week alone, Trump's already "MOST U.S. DEMOCRACY AND CONSTITUTION VIOLATING, THREATENING AND ATTACKING PRESIDENT EVER" legacy 

was etched into Mount Rushmore sized stone even deeper than before...if that is imaginable and possible with the following trifecta of Trump's outrageously terrible actions:

His public displayed dinner at his personal home with two of the most well known American Democracy dumb and Jewish holocaust truth denying and defiling characters one could imagine.

Next comes Trump's nationally reported outrageous comments suggesting changing our constitution because he feels he was defrauded of the presidency under it's current form and implementation.

And thirdly, a loss of the most important U.S. Senate race in years by the Republicans because of Trump's inane pick for the Republican candidacy would cap this last week's disastrous Trump legacy pounding to an epic degree.

The man simply can't help himself.

He lives in a self-serving and self-aggrandizing and promoting delusional bubble so out of touch with reality it's scary...imo anyways.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Oh, does anyone out there like my new profile picture?

This is the "real time" me.

I figured it was time to get real versus vainly posting my 33 year age picture.

Still have my Kennedyish full head of hair and original teeth!

Edited by Joe Bauer

10 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

With five hours left, the poll has received almost three million votes. About 80% have voted in favor of pardon for both Snowden and Assange."

I'm afraid that poll won't tell you anything truthful about how many people really feel that way.

However, it will tell you the extent to which bots have now infested Twitter, and that appears to be quite massive.

50 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

I'm afraid that poll won't tell you anything truthful about how many people really feel that way.

However, it will tell you the extent to which bots have now infested Twitter, and that appears to be quite massive.

Matt is Lori a bot? 

2 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

Matt:

Maybe so, I know nothing about the extent which bots pollute the social media environment, pre- or post-Musk. It appears to be a debated topic.

I think Assange and Snowden should be pardoned.

The Biden Administration, like the Trump Administration, like the Obama Administration like the Bush jr. Administration likes to prosecute real journalists and whistleblowers. 

3 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

You look in good nick, Joe. 

The Musk obsession is fascinating. Sure, its common for a disenfranchised proportion of society to be resentful of the worlds richest man but, this is a whole other ballpark. It’s almost like the Trump obsession has been swapped out for Musk. 

There are all these elites who have other people manage their PR who are up-to no good, and they go mostly uncritiqued. Largely because the MSM generates an impression of them related to charitable work. Rockefeller and dimes. 

I have watched this obsession with Musk grow in recent weeks and months. Was Twitter previously without censorship, clever algorithms and sophisticated bots? 

Is this fascination a result of MSM programming a proportion of society? Are people that malleable? 

If Twitter has replaced the town square or speakers corner, it probably shouldn’t have a side, if we aspire to democratic values, right? 

Who is Elon Musk? Where has his wealth come from? Have governments from both sides supported his rise to the worlds wealthiest man? 

1 minute ago, Chris Barnard said:

The Musk obsession is fascinating. Sure, its common for a disenfranchised proportion of society to be resentful of the worlds richest man but, this is a whole other ballpark. It’s almost like the Trump obsession has been swapped out for Musk. 

There are all these elites who have other people manage their PR who are up-to no good, and they go mostly uncritiqued. Largely because the MSM generates an impression of them related to charitable work. Rockefeller and dimes. 

I have watched this obsession with Musk grow in recent weeks and months. Was Twitter previously without censorship, clever algorithms and sophisticated bots? 

Is this fascination a result of MSM programming a proportion of society? Are people that malleable? 

If Twitter has replaced the town square or speakers corner, it probably shouldn’t have a side, if we aspire to democratic values, right? 

Who is Elon Musk? Where has his wealth come from? Have governments from both sides supported his rise to the worlds wealthiest man? 

Yes, Matt Taibbi and Elon Musk have become the lowest forms of life on the planet. 

In truth, I have not personally liked Musk ever since he tweeted derogatory missives about a man involved in rescuing Thai kids in a flooded cave. Musk punched down, and hired fancy lawyers to get away with it. Not pretty, in fact, petty. 

That said, some of his products are amazing, such as his cars and  satellites.

Musk is providing a fleet of satellites to Ukraine, a story now buried and never to be mentioned again. 

I wish Musk success with twitter and hope that he makes as clean and neutral a platform as can be done, given the challenges. 

My own layman's guess is Musk is spread a little thin, and possibly compromised by his CCP connection...like Disney, NBC Universal, GM, Apple, BlackRock, WalMart, Morgan Stanley, Wall Street and Silicon Valley. 

The US leadership class, Donk and 'Phant, also. The Biden family too. 

4 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

The other so-and-so's here (apart from Chris) are too jealous to say it, Joe, but I'll say it. You're a fine-looking dude.