• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

10 hours ago, Matthew Koch said:

Thanks for sharing @Matthew Koch. As John says, its a good clip explaining what we see. 

Matt Taibbi’s “Hate Inc” and Ryan Haliday’s “Trust me, I’m lying” provided a great in depth education on how all of this works. Essentially, you can print almost anything as long as some blog somewhere exists as the originator of the disinformation. 

Putin propagandist tries death cult mentality in latest recruiting pitch for cannon fodder...

“Life is highly overrated,” the propagandist said in his program on state-run TV on Monday. “Why be afraid of what is inevitable? Moreover, we’ll go to heaven. Death is the end of one earthly path and the beginning of another.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/top-putin-propagandist-vladimir-solovyov-urges-russians-to-embrace-death?ref=home

1 hour ago, Matt Allison said:

Putin propagandist tries death cult mentality in latest recruiting pitch for cannon fodder...

“Life is highly overrated,” the propagandist said in his program on state-run TV on Monday. “Why be afraid of what is inevitable? Moreover, we’ll go to heaven. Death is the end of one earthly path and the beginning of another.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/top-putin-propagandist-vladimir-solovyov-urges-russians-to-embrace-death?ref=home

Sounds a lot like a climate change activist making people ashamed to have kids, or even live. Life seems less precious with every year that passes, according to news. 

14 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

Sounds a lot like a climate change activist making people ashamed to have kids, or even live. Life seems less precious with every year that passes, according to news. 

Objection your honour!

6 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

Thanks for sharing @Matthew Koch. As John says, its a good clip explaining what we see. 

Matt Taibbi’s “Hate Inc” and Ryan Haliday’s “Trust me, I’m lying” provided a great in depth education on how all of this works. Essentially, you can print almost anything as long as some blog somewhere exists as the originator of the disinformation. 

I haven't read either of those books you mention, Chris. I do have Ryan Holiday's book The Daily Stoic. I find it immensely useful and I would recommend it to anyone.

17 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Robert Costa

An extraordinary moment in American history. A speaker of the House asks the chairman of the joint chiefs if the nuclear codes are safe because she fears the president is crazy and liable to make a deadly decision to stay in power. From Milley's testimony re: Jan. 8, 2021 call.

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/1609924279818412034

image.thumb.png.5950e5d266e211be99bd4fd6c36c32a8.png

Steve Thomas

Yes, you beat me to the punch on this one,. Steve. I'm also having more problems copying from twitter lately.

Pelosi: You know he's crazy, don't you?

On Jan 8th, 2021, after the riots when it appeared Trump was not going peacefully and Pelosi phoned General Milley and as result Milley told all of his subordinates to not take a call from Trump. It's amazing to think that our system was so vulnerable that the Military could be used by Trump to overturn a legitimate election! But it's true, and there was only one person who had the foresight to make that call and though I personally don't think Trump would ultimately have gotten away with it, it would have been the most destabilizing period in U.S. history since the Civil War!

To those Americans who would look at this period as a romp at the beach. I'll repeat what I think is an often needed phrase. This is real! This isn't a trial run! This is your life!

To those abroad who think this couldn't happen because America is so exceptional. Well we've done a good job of snowing you. But think again!

heh heh

[Andy] Biggs has led the anti-McCarthy faction along with Rep. Scott Perry (R-Pa.), who chairs the House Freedom Caucus, plus Reps. Bob Good (R-Va.), Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), Ralph Norman (R-S.C.) and Matt Rosendale (R-Mont.), all of whom belong to the caucus.

WASHINGTON — Rep. Ralph Norman’s biggest regret about urging the Donald Trump White House to declare martial law so Trump could remain in office seems to be that he did so with bad spelling.

The South Carolina Republican texted White House chief of staff Mark Meadows on Jan. 17, 2021, that Trump should declare “Marshall Law” to prevent Joe Biden from taking office.

Steve Thomas