The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

This is why God made pipelines': GOP senator gives nonsensical explanation of Ohio train derailment

by Brandon Gage February 19, 2023

https://www.alternet.org/why-god-made-pipelines-ohio/

“United States Senator John Kennedy (R-Louisiana) suggested during a Fox News appearance on Saturday that "God made pipelines" and that somehow that form of notoriously unreliable infrastructure would have prevented the 150-car February 3rd Norfolk Southern Railway freight train derailment that poisoned East Palestine, Ohio with toxic vinyl chloride gas. “

“What do you think of how the federal government has been handling this? And should the secretary of transportation be out there talking to folks?" host John Roberts asked Kennedy, referring to Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg.

"Well, this is why God made pipelines," Kennedy replied. "They're much safer than trucks or trains. Now, I understand this particular chemical, uh, could, could not have been transported by a pipeline. Um, but, but all you can do is require the truckers and require the railroads to be as safe as they possibly can. But when you can do it through a pipeline."”

Yup. God made pipelines.

Of course, this one doesn't work, but hey, nobody's perfect.

Steve Thomas

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

13 hours ago, Mark Knight said:

If the ONLY thing FOX News reported on was the JFK assassination, I could possibly agree with you.

But that's less than 1% of their (alleged) reporting.

The depositions in the Dominion lawsuit show that their on-air personalities, including Hannity and Carlson, didn't believe the "stolen election" lies they were reporting daily. So if they believe what they're reporting is false...what, EXACTLY, makes Fox News credible?

Thank you Mark.

For this rational reality check perspective.

If America's great Presidents were like Donald Trump... 

"You Continental soldiers should buy my George Washington brand thermal underwear"

george-washington-watching-troops-on-march-to-valley-forge-adam-asar.jpg

If America's great Presidents were like Donald Trump (cont.)

"Ask not what your country can do for you.  Ask what you can do in this country to acquire a box of my JFK brand cigars, after I impose an embargo on Castro's Cuba."jfkinauguration_wide-eb7b471020f0504238dd8d6dfdb935bcd69147c0-s1100-c50.jpg

Matt has uncovered a small treasure trove of All Star deleted tweets made just prior to Putin's invasion of Ukraine.

First this threads most quoted personality ( nearly all by Ben) Glenn Greenwald!

Than George Galloway , who I did like for his defiance before the U.S. Congress back in the Iraq War days of 2005.

But time can change everything, and he looks pretty foolish here! - Don't follow leaders, watch the parking meters!

Then next, who can forget Caitlan Johnstone's posts from Consortium News?

FpqEmSWWIAAzImm?format=jpg&name=900x900

FpZDoUcXEAAHECQ?format=jpg&name=900x900