The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

Russ Baker nails it today.

This is, precisely, what I have been trying to explain to our one-eyed Putin apologists-- John, Chris, and Paul Rigby.

To wit, the crimes of the U.S. military industrial complex don't justify the crimes of Putin's totalitarian police state in Ukraine.

Both are deplorable.

Western and Russian Imperialism: Our Wrongs Don’t Make Putin Right - WhoWhatWhy

Edited by W. Niederhut

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Ok, since this topic got so stale in that other thread that they're flocking here.
Let's challenge ourselves a little more. I ask you;
1) if there was no nuclear bomb 
and ..2) you aren't a pacifist, and some things are worth fighting and dying for.
And it doesn't mean that there aren't limitations to commitment in life. Or even sometimes sitting things out. 

But wouldn't this pretty much wrap it up?

Even though I don't go for that full beard, shaved sides look, (but he does look better than anyone else!)
And that's the beauty of it!

5 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

Thousands of innocents dead, but John Cotter thinks this is the issue uh huh lol

The Putin apologists are completely oblivious to how silly they look to the rest of the world's normally functioning humans.

Both Matt (and @Kirk Gallaway) ignored the third and final paragraph of my post, presumably because it belies their misrepresentation of it. Here it is:

"Of course neither of them [Biden or Zelensky] is on the battle frontline where the ultimate price is being paid by countless conscripts for the decisions of these two poseurs. But such is the degenerate state of western democracy that the masses are supposed to believe the empty rhetoric and absurd antics of these two clowns."

Straw man arguments such as Matt's and Kirk's are a self-defeating admission that the perpetrators are unable to rebut the actual arguments of their opponents which they have side-stepped.

Thanks for the validation, boys.

10 minutes ago, John Cotter said:

Both Matt (and @Kirk Gallaway) ignored the third and final paragraph of my post, presumably because it belies their misrepresentation of it. Here it is:

"Of course neither of them [Biden or Zelensky] is on the battle frontline where the ultimate price is being paid by countless conscripts for the decisions of these two poseurs. But such is the degenerate state of western democracy that the masses are supposed to believe the empty rhetoric and absurd antics of these two clowns."

Straw man arguments such as Matt's and Kirk's are a self-defeating admission that the perpetrators are unable to rebut the actual arguments of their opponents which they have side-stepped.

Thanks for the validation, boys.

John you can tell you are winning when the left shares right wing memes where they've changed the speech to the opposite of the original meme.. because well, the Left Can't Meme!

Also getting Matt to share Rick Wilson's twitter is bonus points similar to getting William and Kirk to defend the same foriegn policy they claim to virtue signal against ie; NeoConservative interventionists and their Neo Liberal interventions

the_left_can't_meme.png

2 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Russ Baker nails it today.

This is, precisely, what I have been trying to explain to our one-eyed Putin apologists-- John, Chris, and Paul Rigby.

To wit, the crimes of the U.S. military industrial complex don't justify the crimes of Putin's totalitarian police state in Ukraine.

Both are deplorable.

Western and Russian Imperialism: Our Wrongs Don’t Make Putin Right - WhoWhatWhy

Kirk,

Far from being stale, the conflict between Putin's Russian Federation and the West in Ukraine appears to be the most serious geopolitical crisis of our day.

It's like 1939 with nukes.

Yet, the critics of the U.S./NATO response to the Ukraine crisis seem strangely silent on the subject of Putinism.

It's an odd unipolar, anti-American focus on one side of the conflict-- perhaps owing to the fact that this forum is comprised of experts on the history and crimes of the CIA and the U.S. military industrial complex.

But what we need is a more multi-polar focus that includes an understanding of Putinism and the 21st century regression of the Russian Federation from the Yeltsin-era democracy of the 1990s to the Kremlin police state that bombs civilians, relocates civilians to prison camps, and throws dissenters out of windows.

I'm hopeful that we can engage in a more multi-polar analysis, on the grounds that John Cotter has repeatedly expressed an interest in "multi-polarity."  🥸

7 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Yeah, Kirk, I noticed that  Ben and Mathew Koch have been as quiet as mice this week about the truly shocking Fox News Emails relating to the Dominion lawsuit.

Rupert Murdoch and his Fox propagandists -- Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, et.al.-- deliberately lied about Trump's "Stop the Steal" scam because they were afraid to offend their delusional Trumplicon fans by telling them the truth about Trump losing the election.

And Murdoch was desperately concerned about Republicons regaining control of the Senate in 2020.

Just the kind of "journalism" America needs... 

Fox News has functioned, essentially, as a sleazy Republican Super PAC.

FOX viewers accept lying in place of journalism/facts because they only care about their feelings as manipulated by predetermined opinions. Hannity’s opinion, used to manipulate, is all FOX viewers see/hear. Indoctrination in plain site.

Fox is, generally, in the 'Phant-side news camp, and the other M$M outlets are, generally, in the Donk-side news camp. 

Thus we see the Russiagate hoax, the aggressive Wuhan lab leak censorship, and the very aggressive Hunter Biden laptop censorship from the Donk-side, and the above nonsense from the 'Phant-side. 

What is interesting (particularly for this forum) is Tucker Carlson and his pursuit of the JFKA story. Sure, every polemic has flaws, as does Carlson, as does Rachel Maddow.

But it is Carlson, and Carlson alone, who is pursuing the JFKA story.

Give credit where credit is due. And also to GOP'er Schweikert. 

My take on modern M$M is that it is combo of the old machine-politics days, and the new intel-state propaganda panopticon.

In the old days, party newspapers populated some cities, and ran their versions of the news. That happens today on the national scale, with WaPo and NYT as Donkside "news" outlets, and the WSJ as the 'Phant-side "news" outlet. 

Overlapping this is the intel-state, Operation Mockingbird on steroids, also having converted various M$M outlets into mouthpieces (including many "hip" internet news outlets, such as Insider and Daly Beast). The rainbow flag on bombs-away!

I am skeptical of M$M narratives, and especially when they amplify government "investigations." 

Think about Warren Commission hoax, and attendant M$M coverage. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

2 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Marjorie Taylor Greene lays out her rules for living in red states and blue states after the National Divorce:

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1628062963754999809

Awful lot of rules in the name of freedom and liberty.

Steve Thomas

That's a pretty wild rant Steve.  thanks for sharing.

I highly doubt Walmart could place sex toys next to children’s toothbrushes. 

MTG for ya.  Like they do this in the first place?  Maybe in Rifle Colorado, but not at the one I go to.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/freeing-the-u-s-economy-from-china-will-create-an-american-industrial-renaissance-and-millions-of-good-paying-jobs-f8e5a525

Interesting op-ed, a bit glib here or there, but I largely agree. 

Also, restricting illegal labor-bashing labor immigration would improve matters greatly for the bottom half of the US labor force. 

But both political parties are heavily beholden to the globalist perspective. 

See Detroit for how that works out. 

1 hour ago, Matthew Koch said:

John you can tell you are winning when the left shares right wing memes where they've changed the speech to the opposite of the original meme.. because well, the Left Can't Meme!

Also getting Matt to share Rick Wilson's twitter is bonus points similar to getting William and Kirk to defend the same foriegn policy they claim to virtue signal against ie; NeoConservative interventionists and their Neo Liberal interventions

the_left_can't_meme.png

Well, Matthew, while I would naturally be disinclined to vote for the “right” if it means voting for unbridled capitalism and making the rich richer, I can’t see how I could vote for the “left” if it means voting for the likes of the following:

·        A foreign policy whose purpose is to maintain US global hegemony by military and other more insidious means

·        Economic inequality facilitated by the failure to limit the wealth of individuals and families

·        Unlimited immigration which drives down the wages and living standards of ordinary (non-rich) people and further destroys the ecosystem

·        The impoverishment of ordinary people by inflation caused by the printing of money to solve manufactured crises such as the covid scam and the war in Ukraine

·        Authoritarian government involving the suppression of free speech, the mass media serving as government mouthpieces and the greater dependency caused by the above-mentioned impoverishment

·        A compulsory “education” system whose chief purpose is the mass production of wage slaves

·        Unrestricted abortion based on the denial of the right to life of unborn human beings

George Carlin was probably right when he said it would be best to spend election days onanistically at home, since at least then you would have something to show for it.

3 minutes ago, John Cotter said:

Well, Matthew, while I would naturally be disinclined to vote for the “right” if it means voting for unbridled capitalism and making the rich richer, I can’t see how I could vote for the “left” if it means voting for the likes of the following:

·        A foreign policy whose purpose is to maintain US global hegemony by military and other more insidious means

·        Economic inequality facilitated by the failure to limit the wealth of individuals and families

·        Unlimited immigration which drives down the wages and living standards of ordinary (non-rich) people and further destroys the ecosystem

·        The impoverishment of ordinary people by inflation caused by the printing of money to solve manufactured crises such as the covid scam and the war in Ukraine

·        Authoritarian government involving the suppression of free speech, the mass media serving as government mouthpieces and the greater dependency caused by the above-mentioned impoverishment

·        A compulsory “education” system whose chief purpose is the mass production of wage slaves

·        Unrestricted abortion based on the denial of the right to life of unborn human beings

George Carlin was probably right when he said it would be best to spend election days onanistically at home, since at least then you would have something to show for it.

John-

Man, that's a powerful bit of writing you have produced.

I disagree with you on some issues (Ukraine comes to mind), but I certainly respect your opinions. 

Globalists rule both parties. 

Sad story: If HRC had won in 2016, the US would still be entangled in Afcrapistan. 

Rainbow bombs away!

1 hour ago, John Cotter said:

John those are very valid reasons you listed..

I'm going to teach you the secret to unbridled capitalism that I learned from the Mexicans, you participate in it and when you are successful at it you donate part of your income to charity and help the less fortunate. In secular countries that doesn't happen and the people on the left have brain washed themselves that taxes are charity. I'm Catholic, in the Bible it says that joyful giving is the way and no-one joyfully gives to the government (especially when they misappropriate funds for welfare and infrastructure to pay for war)