• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

The term Woke for those who don't know was a hip hop term for being a Awake to the fact that there is an Illuminati that does stuff like 911, JFK assassination, faking the moon landing and running the hip hop industry and killing rappers who get out of line. This term was then rebranded by college marxist leftists into meaning social justice. </q>

Yes!  The Marxist academic Lead Belly in 1938 used the term in his description of his song “Scottsboro Boys.”

At 4:33 —“Stay woke.”

Edited by Cliff Varnell

Well, I'm shocked to hear from our long lost itinerant Warren Commission Report salesman, Lance Payette, that most JFK admirers are liberals.  Who'd have thunk?

Lance, did you figure that one out yourself, or is it a Cognitive Infiltration Association talking point?

Edited by W. Niederhut

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

RB-

Kavanaugh socializing with Matt Gaetz may be a bad idea, and Kavanaugh may have to recuse himself from a future trial or case. 

On the other hand Matt Gaetz has never even been charged in court, let alone found guilty of anything. 

Wikipedia: 

In late 2020, the Department of Justice opened an investigation into allegations that Gaetz had a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old girl in exchange for money in violation of federal sex trafficking laws, which Gaetz denied.[4][5][6] In April 2021, the House Ethics Committee also announced an investigation.[7] A September 2022 Washington Post article reported that career prosecutors have recommended not to charge Gaetz in the sex-trafficking investigation, telling Justice Department superiors that a conviction is unlikely in part because of credibility questions about the two central witnesses.[8]

---30---

Whether right- or left-wing, is this not an ugly situation, in which it is copiously leaked that Gaetz is facing charges of paying for sex with a minor....only to have the case evaporate? 

They play hardball in DC, with long knives...was this story planted? 

3 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

May be an image of 2 people and text that says '出有冊 ÛHO THE I KNOW WHAT He SAID, BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT He MEANT! QUIT QUOTING HIS EXACT WORDS, YOU HATER!'

Doug, will your real life character be portrayed in the current Watergate HBO drama series "The White House Plumbers?"

Starring Woody Harrelson?

Edited by Joe Bauer

24 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

Doug, will your real life character be portrayed in the current Watergate HBO drama series "The White House Plumbers?"

Starring Woody Harrelson?

I never had any connection with the White House Plumbers activities. It is unlikely that I shall be mentioned.

I don't plan to watch it but if you do, I would appreciate you take on it afterwards.

Edited by Douglas Caddy

3 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

The term Woke for those who don't know was a hip hop term for being a Awake to the fact that there is an Illuminati that does stuff like 911, JFK assassination, faking the moon landing and running the hip hop industry and killing rappers who get out of line. This term was then rebranded by college marxist leftists into meaning social justice. </q>

Yes!  The Marxist academic Lead Belly in 1938 used the term in his description of his song “Scottsboro Boys.”

Wow Cliff, thanks.  My family has roots outside Scottsboro, grandfathers buried in Woodville. Never seen this.  Lead Bely is legendary.

I guess Lynrd Skynard didn't need no Neil Young, being from Florida.

4 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

4 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Interesting find, Cliff.  I've been a Leadbelly fan for many years, and studied and recorded a number of his songs about 20 years ago, using the old Pete Seeger/Moses Asch Leadbelly songbook.

(There's also a very good 1976 film about his life entitled, Leadbelly, that hasn't received the notoriety it deserves.)

As for Marxism, Huddie Ledbetter was actually a Wendell Wilkie fan back in the days of the Dixiecrat South.

2 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

I never had any connection with the White House Plumbers activities. It is unlikely that I shall be mentioned.

I don't plan to watch it but if you do, I would appreciate you take on it afterwards.

I will.

2 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Interesting find, Cliff.  I've been a Leadbelly fan for many years, and studied and recorded a number of his songs about 20 years ago, using the old Pete Seeger/Moses Asch Leadbelly songbook.

(There's also a very good 1976 film about his life entitled, Leadbelly, that hasn't received the notoriety it deserves.)

As for Marxism, Huddie Ledbetter was actually a Wendell Wilkie fan back in the days of the Dixiecrat South.

Yes on Leadbelly.  Another woke musician for many years.

INSIDER

HOME  TECHNOLOGY

Jack Dorsey apologizes for his Twitter moderation choices, saying he did the 'wrong thing for the internet and society' despite calling his decisions the 'right thing' at the time

https://www.businessinsider.com/jack-dorsey-twitter-wrong-thing-for-the-internet-and-society-2022-12

Dorsey went on to write that he believes social media companies have amassed too much power and Twitter's decision to ban former President Donald Trump, under his own leadership, was evidence of that power taken to an extreme. 

"As I've said before, we did the right thing for the public company business at the time, but the wrong thing for the internet and society," Dorsey wrote.

A rather long mea culpa. 

Well, there is world beyond Twitter.