The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

9 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

James,

I fully understand, and agree, that calling people names in our debates here is beyond the pale.

However, if I may clarify one thing-- my above comment about "wing nut history" was a reference to Mr. Harwood's reference article, not to Mr. Harwood.

Henceforth, I will, certainly, refrain from using the term, "wing nut" in these discussions.

I am sorry I was wrong to criticise you and I am very disappointed the admin team have already had to hide some of Jim Harwood's post.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

25 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Knew that would strike up a Trumpian twitter storm by CV/KG.  Remember the Gallagher Brothers, the heel team from the wrestling scene of the 1960's, well that is what these guys are.

I guess that makes me Ilio DIPaolo. 

Uh oh, here comes the Gallagher Brothers again!  LOL!  🤮

DiEugenio misquotes me and doesn't have the guts to read what I actually wrote?

Good show, Jim. 

Why did it take you five years to denounce Trump's white supremacy?  When are you going to give America's first black President credit for the Iran nuke accords, the negotiated removal of Syrian chemical weapons, or the opening to Cuba?

Putting the photos of Martin Luther King Jr. and Malcolm X on the masthead of your website is an empty form of virtue signalling.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

Six Billion Texts and Counting—How the Presidential Campaign Is Blowing Up Everyone’s Phone

By Lachlan Markay

https://www.thedailybeast.com/six-billion-texts-and-countinghow-the-presidential-campaign-is-blowing-up-everyones-phone?ref=home

“It’s not just you; the entire country is being bombarded with political text messages. The numbers are astronomical, and they show no signs of letting up before voters go to the polls next month.

Anyone who’s found themselves on a political party or campaign’s text-messaging list will attest to the fusillade of fundraising appeals to which they’re subjected. The wave can be measured by the persistent buzz of your phone, or chime alerting you to another message in your inbox. But hard macro data on the scale of America’s political text campaigns has been hard to come by. That’s changing with the release of numbers from RoboKiller, a leading service to combat unwanted robocalls and text-messaging spam.

According to RoboKiller data, Americans received an estimated six billion text messages related to the presidential election alone from June through September. And the volume of texts from political campaigns, parties, and interest groups increased substantially over that time. The 2.7 billion political texts that Americans got in September was nearly six times what they’d received three months earlier.”

Steve Thomas

25th Amendment to the Constitution

Section 4: Declaration by vice president and principal officers

Section 4. Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/08/nancy-pelosi-donald-trump-25th-amendment-removal

Democrats in the US Congress have announced a plan to create a commission to review whether Donald Trump is capable of carrying out his presidential duties or should face removal from office.

The office of the House speaker, Nancy Pelosi, announced a Friday press conference about the bill after she expressed concern that Trump, who is under treatment for coronavirus at the White House, is suffering a “disassociation from reality”.

Steve Thomas

4 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Knew that would strike up a Trumpian twitter storm by CV/KG.  Remember the Gallagher Brothers, the heel team from the wrestling scene of the 1960's, well that is what these guys are.

I guess that makes me Ilio DIPaolo. 

Uh oh, here comes the Gallagher Brothers again!  LOL!  🤮

I don't remember the Gallagher Brothers, but I remember Haystacks Calhoun. Oh, and  I remember Saul Weingeroff, the dapper cane-carrying manager of a tag team. I forget the team's name, but Saul refused to let them wrestle in a bout involving Haystacks because he said "I don't want my boys to catch fleas." Later on (I guess after he retired from the wrestling scene, I don't remember) I saw him fight in a boxing match in my hometown of Palatka. His opponent was Johnny Theobold, an ex-minor league baseball player (he had played for Palatka, so was kind of a local hero) who was a truck driver in Palatka for Coca-Cola. (Johnny trained for the fight by running, with breaks to smoke cigarettes.) In the fight Johnny was out on his feet until the referee disqualified Saul for a low blow. Saul pleaded with the ref, saying, "No! If I lose this fight I'm all washed up!"

White House Slender Man: Because Jared Kushner's Early Crimes Went Unpunished, He Remained to Sabotage the Pandemic Response

If Boy Plunder had been indicted years ago, 210,000 Americans may still be alive. Instead, we prepare for the Second Wave of the novel coronavirus.

https://gregolear.substack.com/p/white-house-slender-man-because-jared?token=eyJ1c2VyX2lkIjo5NTk5NDEyLCJwb3N0X2lkIjo4MTA0MjI1LCJfIjoiNm1HZzYiLCJpYXQiOjE2MDIyNTQ5MjIsImV4cCI6MTYwMjI1ODUyMiwiaXNzIjoicHViLTIwNjk1Iiwic3ViIjoicG9zdC1yZWFjdGlvbiJ9._veoHcxAwULN7ZeaM28WXpbtIg9nSMdxMpfXoD0IVJk

15 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Paul Brancato wrote the text for a series of ground-breaking collector’s cards on Iran-Contra, the JFK assassination, and the drug war.  

What has Harwood ever done?

I never saw the post Cliff, but thanks for rising to the defense of us lowly trading card authors. 

21 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Paul Brancato wrote the text for a series of ground-breaking collector’s cards on Iran-Contra, the JFK assassination, and the drug war.  

What has Harwood ever done?

https://wearethemutants.com/2019/10/08/looney-tunes-and-squalid-criminals-the-iran-contra-scandal-trading-cards/

https://www.historyonthenet.com/authentichistory/1974-1992/3-reagan/5-irancontra/cards/Iran-Contra_Cards.html

Get down, back-biter -- Bob Marley

Edited by David Andrews