The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

The Supreme Court just wimped out on Trump’s tax returns — and handed him a political victory

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/the-supreme-court-just-wimped-out-on-trumps-tax-returns-and-handed-him-a-political-victory/

[This is a must read]

Edited by Douglas Caddy

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Douglas Caddy said:

I just burst out laughing reading this latest Trump raging tweet storm.

Reading this just bolstered Trump's family expose book writing niece Mary Trump's damning psychological assessment of her uncle in spades.

A person consumed by extreme self-obsessed thoughts and driven by deep emotional insecurities.

These latest three Trump tweets make him look so emotionally fragile and insecure to the point of spoiled child tantrum behavior. 

Lashing out in such an overly animated and angry way and in so many scattered and seemingly disconnected directions and ways ( Obama committed crimes against me and nobody did ANYTHING ...Whaaaa! ) it's disturbingly irrational and adolescent stunted.

And it's also disturbing to see Trump's frantically unstructured writing style.

Words illogically written in capital letters in what seems like a desperate attempt to emphasize their importance. Misspellings that show he is not even thinking about projecting Presidential intelligence to 60 million of his followers.

These SCOTUS income tax rulings actually are going to keep his returns locked up in court until after the elections which is much more a victory for Trump than not.

Yet, I think this latest frantic tweet storm by Trump clearly reveals how obsessed he was about his taxes being revealed and his still great fear in what the SDNY prosecutors may uncover and release to their grand jury in their investigation.

There must be some outrageously damning information in Trump's tax records for him to react so tweet frantic in response to the SCOTUS rulings allowing Vance and his office to see them.

Edited by Joe Bauer

On balance I think he lost today. Even though the decision on letting Grand Jury view his returns has some caveats, It’s very encouraging that Justices by a 7-2 majority refuted Trump’s claims of total immunity, and gave Congress guidelines to follow that might result in victory there too. 

Speaking of laughter, I couldn't stop laughing yesterday when I read Mary Trump's story in the Guardian about Uncle Donald's Christmas gift basket with the missing tin of caviar.  🤪

I know that what is happening in the U.S. right now isn't funny, but I may have to buy Mary Trump's book just for a little comic relief.

(Perhaps I'm suffering from end-stage Trump Derangement Syndrome.)

PTSD = Post Trump Stress Syndrome.

The entire country seems afflicted.

What a legacy.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Rudy Guiliani Calls Cops On Sasha Baron Cohen.

Says a streaking pink bikini clad Cohen attempted to prank him during a fake set up interview about the Coronavirus at the "Mark" hotel.

Guiliani was so concerned at this sight ( he didn't recognize Cohen at first ) he called the cops. Guiliani said Cohen wasn't very attractive in his get up of a pink bikini with lace fringes adorning his very hairy body and legs.

Guiliani knows what's attractive in this genre. Check out his own cross-dressing action with breast smooching Donald Trump back in the day. One would think the Dems might want to send this same Trump/Judy Guiliani video link to potential swing voters this election. Along with his Billy Bush "grab em by the pu$$y" tape.

Enjoy Guiliani/ Trump fans:

Apr 14, 2006 - Yes, it's former NYC mayor Rody Giuliani in drag having his "breasts" shamelessly violated by "Apprentice" tycoon Donald Trump. Clip from ...

Edited by Joe Bauer

The Supreme Court just wimped out on Trump’s tax returns — and handed him a political victory

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/the-supreme-court-just-wimped-out-on-trumps-tax-returns-and-handed-him-a-political-victory/

[This is a must read]

Johnson is right. Our Supreme Court just handed Trump the victory he wanted in keeping his tax records hidden.

Let Trump tie the investigations up for years.

It is truly a tragic injustice for us all.

Well, maybe Vance can push to fast track the Trump tax records investigation anyway, even if Trump's lawyers will fight like rabid dogs to block him at every turn.

7 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Priceless! Trumps twitter account:

WITCH Hunt!

..Won all against the Federal Government and the Democrats send everything to politically corrupt New York, which is falling apart with everyone leaving, to give it a second, third and fourth try. Now the Supreme Court gives a delay ruling that they would never have given...

for another President. This is about PROSECUTORIAL MISCONDUCT. We catch the other side SPYING on my campaign, the biggest political crime and scandal in U.S. history, and NOTHING HAPPENS. But despite this, I have done more than any President in history in first 3 1/2 years!

The Supreme Court sends case back to Lower Court, arguments to continue. This is all a political prosecution. I won the Mueller Witch Hunt, and others, and now I have to keep fighting in a politically corrupt New York. Not fair to this Presidency or Administration!

"We have a totally corrupt previous Administration, including a President and Vice President who spied on my campaign, AND GOT CAIGHT [sic] and nothing happens to them," Trump raged in a series of tweets.

"This crime was taking place even before my election, everyone knows it, and yet all are frozen stiff with fear. No Republican Senate Judiciary response, NO 'JUSTICE', NO FBI, NO NOTHING. Major horror show REPORTS on Comey & McCabe, guilty as hell, nothing happens. Catch Obama & Biden cold, nothing. A 3 year, $45,000,000 Mueller HOAX, failed - investigated everything. Won all against the Federal Government and the Democrats send everything to politically corrupt New York, which is falling apart with everyone leaving, to give it a second, third and fourth try," he said.

Yes and the Trump forces are gearing up to  re write this prosecutorial injustice and going  after the previous Obama administration..  The list reads like a whose who.  Wiliam Barr, Rudy Giuliani, Shawn Hannity, Jim Jordan, Jim Di Eugenio, Rush Limbaugh, Matt Gaetz, Lindsey Graham, , Oliver North, Jeff Carter, Lou Dobbs, Tucker Carlson, Richard Poindexter, The 5!, Ollie Stone, Herman Caine, Doug Collins, , Of course Jonathan Turley, The "My Pillow" Guy, Al Dershowitz and Clarence Thomas,  and that's just for starters!

The question they're pursuing: What did Barack Obama and Joe Biden know, and when did they know it?

Stay tuned!

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

Trump Rat Michael Cohen Thrown Back In Prison!

Trump and his current fixer attorney Barr must be thrilled.

27 mins ago - Former Trump attorney Michael Cohen was thrown back into federal prison Thursday for violating the terms of his release into home confinement, ...

Guess dining at fancy upscale restaurants is not considered "essential" outdoor activity for home confinement criminals.

Edited by Joe Bauer

U.S. judge hearing Flynn case asks full appeals court to reconsider dismissal

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-judge-hearing-flynn-case-asks-appeals-court-to-reconsider-dismissal/ar-BB16xVSM?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=UE07DHP

About 90% certain they will. And rule in Sullivan's favor to be able to order a hearing.

I'm not a big Thomas Friedman fan, but I think he has at least in part a good idea here. He says Joe Biden should debate Trump 1) only if Trump releases his tax returns between 2016-2018. and 2)that a real-time fact-checking team approved by both candidates be hired by the nonpartisan Commission on Presidential Debates — and that 10 minutes before the scheduled conclusion of the debate this team report on any misleading statements, phony numbers or outright lies either candidate had uttered.

The way I see it, there's no way Trump will release his taxes, and he'll be crying bloody murder. We've come to expect Presidential debates and is a good thing.It would be a shame to break precedent. I don't know why we necessarily have to have 3 debates, Two, one on domestic affairs and one on foreign affairs could be fine.

But  a real-time fact-checking team approved by both candidates is a really good idea. We can' let Trump get away with his compulsive lies.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/07/opinion/biden-trump-debate.html?referringSource=articleShare&fbclid=IwAR2Hv1adrUrTjVK6gobxM5eCn6qDuJNUGYyMAd_suXL7qAjdNgC9N-RotWY

3 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

I'm not a big Thomas Friedman fan, but I think he has at least in part a good idea here. He says Joe Biden should debate Trump 1) only if Trump releases his tax returns between 2016-2018. and 2)that a real-time fact-checking team approved by both candidates be hired by the nonpartisan Commission on Presidential Debates — and that 10 minutes before the scheduled conclusion of the debate this team report on any misleading statements, phony numbers or outright lies either candidate had uttered.

The way I see it, there's no way Trump will release his taxes, and he'll be crying bloody murder. We've come to expect Presidential debates and is a good thing.It would be a shame to break precedent. I don't know why we necessarily have to have 3 debates, Two, one on domestic affairs and one on foreign affairs could be fine.

But  a real-time fact-checking team approved by both candidates is a really good idea. We can' let Trump get away with his compulsive lies.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/07/opinion/biden-trump-debate.html?referringSource=articleShare&fbclid=IwAR2Hv1adrUrTjVK6gobxM5eCn6qDuJNUGYyMAd_suXL7qAjdNgC9N-RotWY

I kinda think they should just see which way the wind blows. I'm not certain there's any reason to debate Trump.