The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

2 hours ago, Chuck Schwartz said:

The intelligence was passed up from the U.S. Special Operations forces based in Afghanistan and led to a restricted high-level White House meeting in late March, the people said.

Chuck,

https://apnews.com/02975c59e71e65327e2f582cd1a91f43

In early 2020, members of the elite Naval Special Warfare Development Group, known to the public as SEAL Team Six, raided a Taliban outpost and recovered roughly $500,000. The recovered funds further solidified the suspicions of the American intelligence community that the Russians had offered money to Taliban militants and linked associations.

Can somebody explain how some guy sitting in a mud hut in the middle of the wildlands of Afghanistan came up with $500,000 in American money?

It strikes me that in the 1970's the Taliban were getting money from the Americans to kill Russians.

In the 20 teens, they're getting money from the Russians to kill Americans.

They're sitting in the middle of their poppy fields just raking it in from everybody, aren't they?

Anybody need a couple of Pakistanis or Tajiks bumped off?

Steve Thomas

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Interesting. over half the covid deaths in California are in L.A. county. (3326) 

What I'm hearing are the cities that are ballooning right now are Miami, Tampa, Houston, Austin, San Antonio,  Dallas, Phoenix and Los Angeles.

Russians squeeze U.S. troops in Syria amid uproar over Trump’s dealings with Moscow

By LARA SELIGMAN and BETSY WOODRUFF SWAN

06/30/2020 02:00 PM EDT

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/30/russians-us-troops-syria-uproar-trump-345584

“The growing friction between U.S. and Russian troops in Syria comes against a backdrop of deepening mistrust between the national security community and President Donald Trump’s White House over dealings with Moscow. The tension burst into the open last week with revelations that Russia’s secretive military intelligence service offered bounties to the Taliban for killing U.S. and coalition troops in Afghanistan. “

“Intelligence and defense officials have become increasingly embittered about the White House’s approach to Moscow, particularly regarding the repeated request to increase cooperation with the Russian military, according to four former Trump administration officials, several of whom requested anonymity to discuss sensitive operations.

From the beginning, the Trump White House wanted “a reset with Russia,” which included counterterrorism cooperation, said Marc Polymeropoulos, a former CIA official who retired in 2019. Even so, Moscow consistently rebuffed their efforts, he said.

“This was a nonstop request as part of the administration's oft-stated and well-publicized desire to engage with Moscow,” Polymeropoulos said. “While we once again attempted to engage the Russians, the effort as had always been the case was futile. There was never any gain to the U.S. in this endeavor."

“In the days after Trump’s election, incoming national security adviser Michael Flynn immediately tried to increase cooperation between the U.S. and Russia in the region, with the stated goal of fighting terrorism.”

“Initially shocked, Pentagon and intelligence officials quickly grew to resent requests for closer cooperation with the Kremlin and to question White House motives, the people said. After an election that the intelligence community determined had seen unprecedented campaign meddling by Russia, officials were especially wary of the new administration and its friendly stance toward Moscow.

“I don’t think the [intelligence community] trusts the White House at all,” said one former Trump administration official. “Not with information, and not to make the right decisions.””

Back in Washington, Trump has mostly lashed out at the media over the recent reports about Russia’s behavior.

Some national security veterans say it reflects Trump’s long-standing rhetorical approach to Moscow. Since the beginning of his presidency, the commander in chief has repeatedly second-guessed and denigrated the intelligence agencies on issues related to Russia, including its meddling in U.S. elections.

Trump has also sometimes responded negatively to information in his daily intelligence briefings that presented Russia in a bad light, according to a former White House official. Over the course of 2017, briefers would choose not to highlight negative material about Russia when verbally briefing the president, the official said. That included intelligence about Russian activity in Syria that was detrimental to American troops or interests.

“I don’t remember a thing that involved Russia that people were comfortable discussing with the president,” the former official said. “Even at the most senior level, at the Cabinet level, it would be like drawing sticks to see who would have to raise a Russia issue with him.”

-more-

Steve Thomas

The Associated Press has reported that at least one of Trump’s daily intelligence briefings included evidence of Russian bounties. Trump has insisted that he was never briefed on such details because they weren’t credible.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/us-officials-found-russian-bank-transfer-data-supporting-bounty-accusation-nyt-reports?ref=home

Data that shows bank transfers from a Russian military intelligence agency to the Taliban was part of the intercepted information used by U.S. intelligence officials to draw the conclusion that Russians were paying bounties for killing U.S. troops in Afghanistan, according to a New York Times report. The bank transfer data, along with information learned from detainee interrogations, pointed intelligence officials to the determination. Officials were also able to identify several Afghans involved in the alleged Russian operation, including one who is believed to have served as an intermediary in fund distribution. Afghan officials said that several businessmen who have been involved in money transfers with Russia have been arrested over the past several months, and half a million dollars was found in one of their homes.

Steve Thomas

I've decided that I'm going to vote for Donald Trump for President.

According to his Press Secretary, President Trump can read, and at his last campaign rally he demonstrated how he can drink a glass of water with one hand.

He's got my vote.

Steve Thomas

Steve, I'm withholding my vote until it can be confirmed that he can read the "Dick and Jane" level 2 books with comprehension.  Being some years younger and having come down with essential tremors, I am impressed that he can drink with one hand though.  Sometimes I find that challenging.

28 minutes ago, Richard Price said:

Being some years younger and having come down with essential tremors, I am impressed that he can drink with one hand though.  Sometimes I find that challenging.

Richard,

I'm sorry that life has thrown you a curve ball, and admire your determination to overcome it.

Steve Thomas

And one must also consider Trump's ability to take full circle golf swings and keep his super top heavy 240 lbs framed body from falling down as fairly impressive.

Seriously, for a guy who hardly sleeps, eats lots of McDonald's type food, weighs 240 pounds, must take ginger steps going down ramps ( anyone notice his wide eyed, baboon hooing facial expression while doing this as well? ) tolerates tanning booth burns, and at 74 years old can still keep his hot 24 years younger wife satisfied is quite remarkable.

Physically, I can understand how some might look at Trump as ... a real stud!

3 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

And one must also consider Trump's ability to take full circle golf swings and keep his super top heavy 240 lbs framed body from falling down as fairly impressive.

Seriously, for a guy who hardly sleeps, eats lots of McDonald's type food, weighs 240 pounds, must take ginger steps going down ramps ( anyone notice his wide eyed, baboon hooing facial expression while doing this as well? ) tolerates tanning booth burns, and at 74 years old can still keep his hot 24 years younger wife satisfied is quite remarkable.

Physically, I can understand how some might look at Trump as ... a real stud!

Joe,

From what I've read, Trump's soccer skills on the golf course are also legendary, when it comes to adjusting the lie of his balls.

His nickname with the caddies is, "Pele."   🤥

39 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Joe,

From what I've read, Trump's soccer skills on the golf course are also legendary, when it comes to adjusting the lie of his balls.

His nickname with the caddies is, "Pele."   🤥

So W. are you actually saying Trump isn't even honest about his golf round score keeping?

Edited by Joe Bauer