The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

This is why Trump had to get a new lawyer:

ATTACHMENT E

I hereby certify as follows:
1. I have been designated to serve as Custodian of Records for The Office of Donald J.
Trwnp, for purposes of the testimony and documents subject to subpoena
#GJ20222042790054.
2. I understand that this certification is made to comply with the subpoena, in lieu of a
personal appearance and testimony.
3. Based upon the information that has been provided to me, I am authorized to certify, on
behalf of the Office of Donald J. Trump, the following:
a. A diligent search was conducted of the boxes that were moved from the White
House to Florida;
b. This search was conducted after receipt of the subpoena, in order to locate any
and all documents that are responsive to the subpoena;
c. Any and all responsive docwnents accompany this certification; and
d. No copy, written notation, or reproduction of any kind was retained as to any responsive document.

I swear or affirm that the above statements are true and correct to the best of my knowledge.
Dated: June 3, 2022

- REDACTED -

Who provided that information to Trump's lawyers?

You can't be a witness against your client at the same time you are the defense counsel for your client.

Trump's lawyers need lawyers.

Steve Thomas

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

8 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

A lot of people have been asking why Trump would have taken and kept National Security Classified documents home with him.

Some have suggested it was for blackmail or extortion or for just plain old pecuniary reasons.

A lot was written at the time about the Trump Transition Team's refusal to cooperate with the Biden Transition Team in the peaceful transfer of power and handing over the reins of government.

I think a lot of it was an effort by Team Trump to hamstring the Biden government. by denying them the information they would need to effectively govern.

Steve Thomas

BINGO STEVE!

12 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

This Teen Was Prescribed 10 Psychiatric Drugs. She’s Not Alone.---NYT

This one is for W.

As a layman, this strikes me as the wrong approach, along with most other medications for mental troubles. 

Is this the right approach? Has something about the drug industry and reimbursement schemes worked to this end? 

Did you ever tell a patient, "Look, get a lot more exercise and reduce alcohol and sugar in your diet. Then, let's see where we stand?" 

I have an adult bipolar son. Getting treatment is a nightmare. They are happy to prescribe him all the pills he wants.

3 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

BINGO STEVE!

Joe,

From page 8 of those Exhibits:

"The Assistant Attorney General has advised me that there is no precedent for an assertion of
executive privilege by a former President against an incumbent President to prevent the latter
from obtaining from NARA Presidential records belonging to the Federal Government where
"such records contain information that is needed for the conduct of current business of the
incumbent President's office and that is not otherwise available." 44 U.S.C. § 2205(2)(B)"

Those records are one of a kind. There are no copies. (Unless they are digitized somewhere that we don't know about). It was all about sabotaging Biden's Administration (although, if you could make a little money on the side, so much the better).

Steve Thomas

I know this is not related to how 56 (now soon 59) years from JFK's death got us to today.  But it does relate to Ben Bradlee and near the end Jackie.  So, I thought some members might find it of interest.  I wonder who sent the box to her?  No return address is mentioned.

The Famous Author Who Restored Grey Gardens Found a Jackie O. Treasure in the Attic (msn.com)

3 hours ago, Andrew Prutsok said:

I have an adult bipolar son. Getting treatment is a nightmare. They are happy to prescribe him all the pills he wants.

Man, my heart goes out to you. In my family a member has been taking anti-depressants for 30-40 years.  A good friend's son committed suicide after schizophrenia. 

I  hope for the best for you, and for me. 

8 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ben,

This new NYT article is almost identical to Benedict Carey's popular NYT series in the summer of 2008 about the use of psychotropics in teens.  I spoke to Carey at the time, and he used me as a reference in his July 12, 2008 article on the subject of Big Pharma and the psychiatric establishment.

Psychiatric Group Faces Scrutiny Over Drug Industry Ties - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

As for psychiatric diagnosis and treatment, alcohol and exercise can have major effects on mental health, but there is more to the neuroscience of mental illness than physical fitness, alcohol use, and glucose levels.

W-

Thanks for your reply. 

I was just thinking, as a layman, step one for anybody is diet and exercise. 

9 hours ago, Richard Price said:

Great minds think alike, I guess.  I think Rep. Jim Jordan brought that up.

What are we to make of this?  Has Trump been framed?

The clues are all there, I can't wait for the Q version of events.

"What are we to make of this?  Has Trump been framed?"

Not a bad pun. 

12 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Not a bad pun.

Thanks, Benjamin.  I tend to lapse punny at times.  Most of my puns are fairly pedestrian, but you can walk away from them unharmed.  It's far more cathartic than yelling at those you might be disagreeing with more often than not.  Civility has merits.

3 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

I hadn't thought of this, but the possibility doesn't surprise me.

Ex-Trump Aides Say He Probably Has More Sensitive Documents At Other Properties (msn.com)

The rumor I'm hearing is that the five top secret documents in the FBI picture were possibly concealed in the five Time magazine frames.