The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

4 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

An interesting question.

In the not-so-distant past the ACLU defended the right of N*zis to march in Skokie, Illinois, which happened to have a high concentration of concentration camp survivors.  

BTW, I loath, detest and revile N*zis. 

What is your view of the ACLU? 

They didn’t march on private property, did they?

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

25 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Me neither Steve.

Damn.  That one did it.  Without James banning of what's his name and deletion of his posts we would have passed this coming milestone a while back.  Thanks to Joseph for starting the thread, it has been informative at points.  Though lately it has become dominated by fox news associated propaganda. 

As I write this, I see Ben has posted.  I guess the race is on between him and Matt to be 100.1.

Edited by Ron Bulman

Congratulations to JOE McBRIDE for introducing this forum thread which has generated ONE THOUSAND pages of response postings!

That's amazing. Very seldom have I ever seen a more followed and engaged individual thread in the years I have been a member of the forum. Is it a record? Curious.

I believe this thread has seriously increased forum engagement and member numbers.

It's a controversial thread in it's less JFK and more current event area of commentary.

It was started during the first Corona virus wave when the entire nation ( including us here on the forum ) were fearfully and obsessively concerned with our daily survival.

It was hard to stay focused on just the JFK assassination alone.

However, the moderators allowed it, and imo understood we members needed to talk about the nightmare crisis all around us to some stress and concern "release valve" degree as well as JFK related subjects. 

And it has offered a wider interest venue for those who sometimes want to take even a small break from the strictly JFK assassination debate. And yet still keep connected to it.

The thread has been purposely separated from the lower, larger traditional JFK subject threads.

It's so easy to ignore for those who find it an integrity diluting distraction.

Joseph McBride...glasses raised...3 cheers!

It's 1000 pages.  Still far and away a record for the forum.  Much of it relevant to history since 1963 and today.  If a picture is worth a thousand words.  Is a thousand pages worth a thousand miles?  Far from nowhere to today?

Edited by Ron Bulman

10 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

It's 100 pages.  Still far and away a record for the forum.  Much of it relevant to history since 1963 and today.  If a picture is worth a thousand words.  Is a hundred pages worth a thousand miles?  Far from nowhere to today?

Only 100 pages?

Am I misreading the 999 number?

What is that...the number of thread responses?

Kirk, I watched the video because you mentioned Iranian Sylvester Stallone. He's right, Kennedy and Trump are similar and if you aren't overly bias you can see how both had populist movements and both were destroyed by the establishment and it's deep state.. 

4 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

They didn’t march on private property, did they?

Good point. As I recall, the N's got a parade permit to march through city streets. 

I take your point that Twitter is privately owned and can do what they want. 

What would think of a restaurant that refused to serve a minority group? 

And also... if Big Tech manipulates the playing field to make sure there is no Parler or other social media rivals....

There is also the question of whether Facebook, Twitter, Google have became de facto town squares and thus should be open to all, within reason. 

Like Musk, I have a "free speech agenda." 

Interesting topic. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

2 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Good point. As I recall, the N's got a parade permit to march through city streets. 

I take your point that Twitter is privately owned and can do what they want. 

What would think of a restaurant that refused to serve a minority group? 

If it’s open to the public by way of public sidewalks and public roads then the restaurant should serve the public, whomever that should be.

And also... if Big Tech manipulates the playing field to make sure there is no Parler or other social media rivals....

Is that what’s happening?

There is also the question of whether Facebook, Twitter, Google have became de facto town squares and thus should be open to all, within reason. 

Not my town square.  I don’t need them.  I need water and electricity from public utilities — but if all 3 of those tech companies went belly up I’d give a half a cheer.

Like Musk, I have a "free speech agenda." 

So you think that free speech would extend to posting photos on Twitter of Elon Musk’s children, their addresses, and the routes they took to school every day?

Interesting topic. 

Mark Zuckerberg and the other owners of Facebook have the right to enforce moderation policies as an exercise of their right to free speech.

8 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

If it’s open to the public by way of public sidewalks and public roads then the restaurant should serve the public, whomever that should be.

Is that what’s happening?

Not my town square.  I don’t need them.  I need water and electricity from public utilities — but if all 3 of those tech companies went belly up I’d give a half a cheer.

So you think that free speech would extend to posting photos on Twitter of Elon Musk’s children, their addresses, and the routes they took to school every day?

Mark Zuckerberg and the other owners of Facebook have the right to enforce moderation policies as an exercise of their right to free speech.

All the social media companies rely on public utilities for electricity (also satellites operated by the US, and under a defense umbrella provided by US taxpayers). 

So...the restaurant analogy is...what?

Why should a restaurant on private land be forced to serve people it does not want to serve? As it sits adjacent to a public road?

So do all the HQs of all the social media companies. Probably they bank through federally insured banks. I could go on. 

Anyway, let's see how Musk does. He looks to have fumbled so far. 

I do not think "free speech" includes inciting or enabling physical violence. 

Matt A. has an interesting post on controlling algo's. 

Interesting topic.

17 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

All the social media companies rely on public utilities for electricity (also satellites operated by the US, and under a defense umbrella provided by US taxpayers). 

So...the restaurant analogy is...what?

Is the customer denied service because of the color of their skin or because they scream obscenities at other diners?

Why should a restaurant on private land be forced to serve people it does not want to serve? As it sits adjacent to a public road?

If the problem is race or religion they better put their private club behind their abode.

So do all the HQs of all the social media companies. Probably they bank through federally insured banks. I could go on. 

And the social media companies are excluding people due to race and religion?  No, it’s because people who signed a moderation agreement don’t want to behave.

Anyway, let's see how Musk does. He looks to have fumbled so far. 

I hope he goes broke.  Just another right-winger bitching about a right-tilt company not being right-wing enough.

I do not think "free speech" includes inciting or enabling physical violence. 

How about telling people ivermectin prevents covid?  Lots of folks in Trump country died from that.

Matt A. has an interesting post on controlling algo's. 

Interesting topic.