The Education Forum

Unacknowledged

17 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

This was posted on Facebook:

There are a surprising number of links between key figures in the JFK assasination and the UFO phenomenon of 1947.
The figure in the trench coat is FBI agent Guy Bannister shown investigating a UFO crash in 1947. That seems to have been his focus at that time.
In the summer of 1963 Bannister ran a private detective agency located on 544 Camp st. Lee Harvey used this address on his Fair Play for Cuba pamphlets.
Bannister came to New Orleans District attorney Jim Garrisons attention on 11-22-63 after Bannister got into a fight with his employee Jack Martin. Martin in retaliation accused Bannister’s involvement in the assasination of the president and made the claim to the local press and to Garrison.
When Garrison charged Clay Shaw with involvement in the conspiracy to kill JFK, the first person he called was Fred Chrisman. Chrisman was the primary source of the Maury Island UFO case of 1947.
Garrison, Shaw, Chrisman, and Bannister were all in the Pacific Northwest in 1947.

No photo description available.

Is there any documentation that is Guy Banister, in trenchcoat? 

(Banister, one "n"). 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

(Banister, one "n"). 

No, but this has been reported before.

I first met Banister in 1955 when I was in high school in New Orleans. In 1959 he and I spoke at an American Legion rally. I wish that I was aware of his full background then. I would have asked him many questions.

The UFO topic is covered here:

Guy Banister - Wikipedia

Edited by Douglas Caddy

On 10/12/2023 at 6:39 PM, Benjamin Cole said:

(Banister, one "n"). 

Looks somewhat like Banister on the right. However, that was 16 years before 1963. Banister would have looked much younger then versus 1963.

Edited by Joe Bauer

12 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Verily. But, Banister, with one "n."

Easy to confuse spelling of Banister with Bannister, the latter being who set a running track record in an early part of the lives of us who are seniors.

1 hour ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Easy to confuse spelling of Banister with Bannister, the latter being who set a running track record in an early part of the lives of us who are seniors.

Sir Roger Gilbert Bannister CH CBE FRCP (23 March 1929 – 3 March 2018) was an English neurologist and middle-distance athlete who ran the first sub-4-minute mile.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In 1934, Banister joined the Federal Bureau of Investigation. He was present at the killing of John Dillinger. Originally based in Indianapolis, he later moved to New York City where he was involved in the investigation of the American Communist Party. FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover was impressed by Banister's work and, in 1938, he was promoted to run the FBI unit in Butte, Montana. In December 1944, Banister was charged with investigating a fatal Fu-Go balloon bomb near Kalispell, Montana.[5] 

>>> During the 1947 flying disc craze, Banister investigated a hoaxed saucer in Twin Falls.[6]<<<

E. Howard Hunt was a Watergate client as well as long time friend of Doug Caddy.

I cannot accept that someone like Hunt ( longtime deeply involved in the highest intelligence circles with his own office in the White House at one point ) would out-of-the-blue bring up the subject of ET/UFO reality to his friend Doug Caddy.

Caddy didn't bring up the subject, Hunt did.

Hunt was a highly intelligent man. Hunt was a very serious-minded man.

To dismiss Hunt's startling UFO subject statement to Caddy is not as logical as considering it to be true, especially, again, coming from a man with Hunt's highest level of government intelligence service...imo anyways.

Edited by Joe Bauer