The Education Forum

The only five books you need to read

The Daily Beast has come out with a list of the only five books you need to read to understand the JFK assassination.

The Only Books on JFK’s Assassination You Need to Read

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-only-books-on-jfks-assassination-you-need-to-read?ref=home?ref=home

The first one they list is, "Oswald's Tale" by Norman Mailer.

I do not subscribe to this website, so I don't know what the other four books are.

Perhaps someone who does subscribe could list the other four.

This is for discussion only.

I personally don't believe you can understand what happened in JFK's assassination by limiting your reading to only five books.

Steve Thomas

In my article about JFK and Trump, i wrote that Politico proves that the online revolution in journalism was stillborn.

Here is another example.  Norman Mailer as necessary reading on the JFK case?

Five books?  I'd think like closer to 50, maybe well over if you include portions of some or partial relevance.  A few not very important ones still have some important information in them. I just counted 36 on my top shelf.  A few on the second shelf could be added and some from the Library.  For starters:

Accessories After The Fact

The Assassinations

Best Evidence 

Brothers

At The Cold Shoulder Of History

Contract On America, I know but important documented information.

Crossfire

Deep Politics And The Death Of JFK

Destiny Betrayed

Devil's Chessboard

Echo From Dealy Plaza

Flawed Patriot

Ghost

Girl On The Stairs

High Treason

Into The Nightmare

In The Eye Of History

JFK (Prouty)

JFK And Vietnam

The Last Investigation

Last Word

Last Dissenting Witness

On The Trail Of The Assassins

Oswald And The Cia 

Our Man In Mexico 

From An Office Building With A High Powered Rifle

Plausible Denial

Prayer Man

The Radical Right

Reclaiming Parkland

Reclaiming Science 

The Ruby Cover-Up

Someone Would Have Talked

Survivor's Guilt

Trauma Room One

A Texan Looks At Lyndon

Unspeakable

The Warren Report

22 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

In my article about JFK and Trump, i wrote that Politico proves that the online revolution in journalism was stillborn.

THE TOP FIVE BOOKS:

The JFK Assassination by James DiEugenio

Destiny Betrayed SECOND EDITION by James DiEugenio

The Girl on the Stairs by Barry Ernest

The Lee Harvey Oswald Files by Flip de Mey

(warts and all) Inside The ARRB (Volumes 1-5) by Douglas Horne

Thanks Vince.

On 7/6/2020 at 9:40 PM, James DiEugenio said:

It's depressing, and the examples of terrible journalism on-line and in the M$M are legion-- like your recent essay about Politico using a poorly informed sports writer to write about American political history.

Another example I encountered recently was on a Google search for some old scientific research literature about 9/11.  (Hadn't looked this stuff up for awhile.) It was depressing to see page after page of pseudo-scientific bunk promoting the false government narrative.

I felt like a character in George Orwell's novel 1984, living in a world where reality and history have been erased and re-written to manipulate the masses.

3 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

I felt like a character in George Orwell's novel 1984, living in a world where reality and history have been erased and re-written to manipulate the masses.

Everyday now we have an Orwellian dichotomy in national news coverage.

Just watch Fox News and then MSNBC on the same evening.

Same events reported. Completely different realities in their presentation.

Must be hard for young people in this country trying to figure out the truth of what's happening all around them. Just the press of a TV remote button and you see two polar versions.

Was listening to national CBS news on the radio yesterday. Lead story was the Covid-19 case increases.

CBS reported this:

The number of Covid-19 cases are "higher" in some states ...

and then 1 minute of flat general coverage.

No mention of any controversial contradictions or urgent pleas for immediate changes to lock down or mask policies by over-whelmed health providers and experts in areas being inundated like Houston, Texas, etc.

Local newspaper news reporting on this subject with headlines like:

Covid-19 Case Increase Exploding To Record Levels. Hospitals Overwhelmed.

Experts demand immediate review of Trump re-opening push and policies.

I notice that most television and radio MSM downplays almost every Trump involved story like this.

Listening to national news radio, you just don't hear the same urgent concern about the most troubling anxiety and controversy causing Trump actions, words and policies that is a daily reality all around us.

Trump's impeachment trial was barely reported as a Trump negative for about one week after it's conclusion by the bulk of MSM.  The MSM could have really gone after Trump after this rare but super important highest level Congressional rebuke. But, it's not even mentioned anymore. You'd think Trump was just a fairly normal President by their placid coverage of such things.

What MSNBC and sometimes CNN and of course some internet news sites like Huffington Post and public radio reports actually reflects the true reality of the Trump driven conflict of interests that has engulfed our society to unprecedented divisive, angry and anxiety causing degrees.

Our national political news coverage is so starkly divided in it's opposite reality presenting it's pathological.

Mark Lane isn't mentioned much on these most important best books lists.

He did arouse millions to want to know more about it all, did he not? Certainly me.

Garrison's "On The Trail Of The Assassins" remains one of my top 5 tomes.

His writing was engagingly and intelligently witty to boot.