The Education Forum

The Woman who Predicted JFK's Assassination

Michael Marcades has done a revised edition of his book about his mother, Rose Cherami: Gathering Fallen Petals.

This story is amazing every time I look at it.  To think that Fritz did not think it was important, even though the Louisiana State Police did, makes it even more shocking.

Mike just about proves she was murdered by the way.  The HSCA fumbled that aspect of the story.

Her, Naglell, Odio and the Chicago Plot.  There was a red flight flashing. But not according to the Warren Report.

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-reviews/the-woman-who-predicted-jfk-s-assassination

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what ever happened to Nagell's receipt for the registered letter he sent Hoover from the El Paso jail?

The stones that were turned over. . .

It's hard to tell. . .

And I looked her in the eye. . .

I could not help but cry. . .

And the red light was my mind.

Edited by Ron Bulman

And just think, with all that going on before, Hoover and Tolson go to the race track on Saturday.

4 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Michael Marcades has done a revised edition of his book about his mother, Rose Cherami: Gathering Fallen Petals.

This story is amazing every time I look at it.  To think that Fritz did not think it was important, even though the Louisiana State Police did, makes it even more shocking.

Mike just about proves she was murdered by the way.  The HSCA fumbled that aspect of the story.

Her, Naglell, Odio and the Chicago Plot.  There was a red flight flashing. But not according to the Warren Report.

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-reviews/the-woman-who-predicted-jfk-s-assassination

Great article on Rose Cheramie. Her story has been pretty much verified, and it is chilling, remarkable. 

Boy, what a commentary. A troubled woman, very down on her luck, afflicted by drugs, easy for her to just keep quiet...but she tells the truth.

In contrast, the combined forces of the official US security establishment, from the FBI, to the CIA, the WC....well, a different story.

As they say, never judge a book by the cover. 

I still sit on the fence on Nagell. All his materials and documents disappear. So tough to confirm he worked for the KGB, or much of what he says. 

As they say, trust but verify. 

6 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Jim,

It was kind of eye opening to me to look at Rose Cherami's story against the backdrop of the AGVA (the American Guild of Variety Artists) and what was going on the fall of 1962.

image.png.9bd96f9c1c608bde0e70f6eb8013487d.png

https://books.google.com/books?id=mM71tt8x_9UC&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

image.png.cdfdd469d050a9d8c2c9228961c36e13.png

image.png.5fd4463ef1672a141bf03a3e22b8905b.png

These girls were being run up and down along the circuit, shuttled from town to town.

Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

Jim,

It was kind of eye opening to me to look at Rose Cherami's story against the backdrop of the AGVA (the American Guild of Variety Artists) and what was going on the fall of 1962.

image.png.9bd96f9c1c608bde0e70f6eb8013487d.png

https://books.google.com/books?id=mM71tt8x_9UC&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

image.png.cdfdd469d050a9d8c2c9228961c36e13.png

image.png.5fd4463ef1672a141bf03a3e22b8905b.png

These girls were being run up and down along the circuit, shuttled from town to town.

Steve Thomas

Your post would be enlivened by photographs. 

On 5/11/2021 at 12:31 AM, James DiEugenio said:

And just think, with all that going on before, Hoover and Tolson go to the race track on Saturday.

Just 24 hours after JFK ( the President of the United States ) was brutally gunned down in broad daylight and the entire nation was in once in a lifetime concerned, worried and even sickened shock, Hoover's and Tolson's light hearted, highly publicly visible race track get away at that specific time was about the most cold blooded, lack of feeling and disrespectful acts one could imagine from one of our highest ( top 5 ) national figures. Especially our #1 crime fighting one.

This Hoover/Tolson play date wasn't just incredibly ill-timed and disrespectfully inappropriate, it also was a blatant expression of Hoover's true personal feelings toward JFK and RFK - who cares!

If there was anyone that 200 million Americans thought would be 24 hour busy in the immediate hours and days after their president was gunned down trying to investigate this greatest importance nation shocking and unsettling crime in our history ( equivalent to Lincoln's assassination in 1865 ) it would be our #1 crime fighting head of the FBI. 

What more graphic way could Hoover show his contempt for JFK ( and RFK ) than to go off on a fun gambling adventure at a race track less than 24 hours after JFK's obliteration?  Probably shouting and cheering on his horses in the stretch, sharing hot dogs, beer ( or soda pop? ) and racing form hunches with his boyfriend ... and maybe a "well connected" tipster as well?

Edited by Joe Bauer

11 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Very interesting book.  I got a signed copy from Dr. Marcades.

For me, Rose's statement to Fruge that Ruby & Oswald knew each other & were 'bedfellows' was one of the most profound of her revelations.

I asked J. Gary Shaw during a recent DPUK Zoom seminar what he thought of Cherami's disclosure & he was certain it was true, although with the proviso of 'which Oswald'.

In the last 2-3 years there have been a couple of back benchers  who question Nagell's story.  

Larry Hancock did a 78 page paper on Nagell.  

In the following review, at the end, I noted the evidence, that is exhibits and testimony, that corroborate Nagell.  Much of it before the assassination. I really do not understand how people get around these facts. But they do. It makes me wonder if people have podcasts just to have podcasts, even when they have nothing to say about this case.

Just click through to the end if you don't want to read the review of Russell's book. There, i list the evidence.  The striking thing is that Nagell's story, like Cherami, leads to New Orleans and SAS. Remember what Odio said about the Cubans at her door, they came from New Orleans.  So much for Fred Litwin.

https://kennedysandking.com/content/russell-dick-on-the-trail-of-the-jfk-assassins-richard-case-nagell-the-most-important-witness-part-2

I think the stories of foreknowledge are important to analyze when trying to determine the mechanics of the plot.

@James DiEugenio What is your take on Parrot Jungle?

There's also a story about an overheard phone booth conversation, but I'd have to dig through notes to find the details about that one.

Denny:

I think you may be referring to the Oxnard call with the last?  I don't think that has panned out.

Are you talking about the George H W Bush thing with the Parrot Jungle?

If you read my review of Russ Baker's book, I discuss that one.

One of the most interesting parts of Fallen Petals to me was her role as an informant for the Houston P D vice squad's Martin Billnitzer.  I thought it mentioned George Hunter White in relation to Billnitzer, but there is no name index in the book and I re read the portion about Rose as an informant in Houston.

Now I'm stumped.  I thought maybe it was from Poisoner In Chief by Steve Kinzer as white is mentioned in it multiple times.  Nope.  Chaos by Tom O'Neil, mentioned once.

Not to digress too far from Rose but I remember the story fairly clearly.  The Federal Bureau of Narcotics was investigating the Houston PD because they were re selling drugs from busts they made.  They sent down White (who kept drugs from busts and did them himself) who suspected Billnitzer but after grilling him realized he was the one straight cop around.  When Billnizer shot himself twice in the chest in the office "committing suicide" the PD and Mayor tried to blame it on White.  Saying he bullied and pressured Billnitzer into killing himself.  White was able to turn the tables on them and clear himself, pointing the finger back at them (an murder?).  I don't remember the details of the last part.  So, darn it, where did I read this.

Rose was waiting to meet Billnitzer at the time of his death, she got up tight when he didn't show.  Then when she read about it in the paper the next day she freaked out.  Left (down)town for her mom and dads.  So, White was around at the same time as her.  No indication that they ever met from what I remember though Billnitzer could have mentioned her or "an informant" to White.  Or he could have come across her name reviewing Billnitzer's notes after his death.  Just an odd coincidence probably, nothing suspicious really.   

When I talked to Michael about this, he said he got it from Albarelli.

He really had many sources for his information.

Personal interviews, documents, letters etc.

4 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Denny:

I think you may be referring to the Oxnard call with the last?  I don't think that has panned out.

Are you talking about the George H W Bush thing with the Parrot Jungle?

If you read my review of Russ Baker's book, I discuss that one.

I had not heard of the Oxnard call. What a bizarre story! It never fails to amaze me that no matter how much I seem to read and watch, there's always something new to learn. That is definitely a strange mystery.

The one I was thinking of, I believe it was a woman at a hotel lobby or maybe a college campus overhearing a man talking on the phone in a nearby booth. I'm sorry to say I can't remember the details. I'll try and look through my notes and see if I can't find anything more on that.

Here's the report on the Parrot Jungle incident, which sounds like Odio Part II:

Commission Document 246 - FBI O'Connor Report of 31 Dec 1963 re: Oswald

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10649&relPageId=2

And an earlier thread here on the forum, which still leaves me a bit confused, to be honest:

https://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/14408-parrot-jungle-incident/

I don't know of any direct H. W. Bush connections to Parrot Jungle either.