The Education Forum

The JFK Records--Will President Biden Obey the Law?

A very important article up at K and K.

Trump blew this off not once but twice.This was after he said he was looking forward to declassifying everything.  Mark makes the case that what he did was illegal in both spirit and the letter of the law.  Hard to disagree.

Where was the media over this issue?

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/the-jfk-records-will-president-biden-obey-the-law

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Trump blew this off not once but twice.This was after he said he was looking forward to declassifying everything.  Mark makes the case that what he did was illegal in both spirit and the letter of the law.  Hard to disagree.

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/the-jfk-records-will-president-biden-obey-the-law

I have a better question; is it possible that the CIA could have cleansed all of the remaining data, leaving nothing telling? I should imagine given the volume it would take quite a bit of manpower to sort it. 

Good friend of Ted Kennedy, Joe Biden will deny the public access, that’s what my money is on. 

Jim- thanks for introducing Mark and me. we have assembled a very talented legal team. Our first tangible result of our effort is getting the Public Interest Declassification Board to put out a statement urging full release of the records and putting this topic on the agenda for the May 18th  public hearing. stay tuned. we have a full menu of legal actions in the works. 

39 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

Good friend of Ted Kennedy, Joe Biden will deny the public access, that’s what my money is on.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think the Kennedys would want the records blocked.  Every time I see that reasoning used, I think of all the times either John or Robert Kennedy are supposedly behind nefarious deeds which have the imprint of the CIA.  Instances such as the wiretapping of MLK, the assassination plots against Castro (all the while using back channel access in order to pull him away from the USSR), the supposed abandonment of the Cuban brigades at the Bay of Pigs, etc.  I know the Kennedys at various times probably would want to keep things about JFK's health (autopsy) out of public access, but now with virtually all of 2 generations dead, I don't see any reason they would put a thumb on the scale.  I am in no way an expert on the Kennedy's, but I think many of the things attributed to them as far as concealment of assassination records have been executed by people supposedly acting on behalf of the Kennedys, but who actually had other reasons of their own for the withholding.

3 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

From JFK to Nixon, from Trump to Biden, no President can cross the National Security State. 

Whether brilliant statesmen (JFK) or self-besotted lulu (Trump), or the very picture of mediocrity and convention (Biden), or even the scheming Nixon, the Deep State runs the show. 

On behalf of whom? 

The media and Congress is busy on the Jan. 6 nut-jobs. They pose a threat to America.

A good article.  I continue to hope for the best and greatly appreciate the efforts of those involved in furthering efforts to get Biden to do the right thing.  Maybe it's never too late.  It has reached a sad state of affairs in the USA, many years ago, when the Lawmakers, our elected officials, can just ignore the law. 

The media has been AWOL since 11/23/63.

"you can find a way to change today . . ."

4 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

It's worth noting that Joe Biden was the Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee when the JFK Act was passed by Congress in 1992.

It was passed by a voice vote in the Senate.

So, this will be a kind of acid test of Biden's true relationship with the CIA and the "Deep State" -- especially since he's an Irish Catholic, and a stickler for policy details.

If he refuses to release the records in September, something is rotten in Denmark.

8 hours ago, Richard Price said:

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think the Kennedys would want the records blocked.  Every time I see that reasoning used, I think of all the times either John or Robert Kennedy are supposedly behind nefarious deeds which have the imprint of the CIA.  Instances such as the wiretapping of MLK, the assassination plots against Castro (all the while using back channel access in order to pull him away from the USSR), the supposed abandonment of the Cuban brigades at the Bay of Pigs, etc.  I know the Kennedys at various times probably would want to keep things about JFK's health (autopsy) out of public access, but now with virtually all of 2 generations dead, I don't see any reason they would put a thumb on the scale.  I am in no way an expert on the Kennedy's, but I think many of the things attributed to them as far as concealment of assassination records have been executed by people supposedly acting on behalf of the Kennedys, but who actually had other reasons of their own for the withholding.

Sorry, Richard. I was a bit cryptic there and not very clear. It was a subtle dig at Biden from me. He spoke at the JFK library about his close friendship and fondness of Ted just after Ted passed. He’d have known Ted’s anguish regarding the deaths of his brothers and how it pained him. Even knowing the Kennedy family would want the truth and justice, I bet Biden still tows the government line and suppresses the records. Maybe I am cynical but, he isn’t a truther, he’s an actor, a career politician that was smiling his arse off when GW Bush signed the declaration of war with Iraq (there is video). What’s funny about going to war?! 

In short, I agree, the family would want the records released, none more so than RFK Jr, he has made his feelings clear. it seems clear to me if they are released and it proves conspiracy, that they’ll be an immediate call for reinvestigations of MLK and RFK deaths, then after that we’ll be looking at just about everything marked ‘national security’ and withheld from the people. That’s why I think the JFKA is like a thread you pull on a knitted jumper, if you tug it, everything else unravels with it. 

I so think the data will have been cleansed, I am not sure expecting to see surviving records showing LHO was a CIA asset sheep dipped, or an FBI informant etc etc. Anything like that would have gone to the grave with Hoover or Angleton. The most we could hope for is some crumbs. 

Oswald's tax returns. Those would be good to see.

Then there is what William Manchester locked away. Until, what? 2060? Great jumping horney toads, what's in there?

Can we make a list of documents that are known to exist but have not yet been seen by the public? I know there's the files that have still not been declassified, everything at the National Archives II building, Wesleyan university's Manchester collection, University of South Florida's Kathleen Cunningham collection, old VHS tapes like the Pittsburgh medical witness conference, John Hunt's material, Bart Kamp's collection, David Lifton's collection, the tapes of most JFK research conferences, a good quality Prayer Man image...

Didn't the Russian government have a stack of unseen files on Oswald that they offered to sell to the U.S. Government until they declined?

EDIT: Also, documents that were known to exist but were apparently destroyed? The Secret Service destroyed some records in the 70's and more in the 90's after being asked for them by the ARRB.

Edited by Micah Mileto

14 hours ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

Jim- thanks for introducing Mark and me. we have assembled a very talented legal team. Our first tangible result of our effort is getting the Public Interest Declassification Board to put out a statement urging full release of the records and putting this topic on the agenda for the May 18th  public hearing. stay tuned. we have a full menu of legal actions in the works. 

Have you contacted the American Historical Association and asked them to join you in the fight to release these documents? Their website has an advocacy page that indicates that they advocated in a large number of issues related to history.

https://www.historians.org/news-and-advocacy/aha-advocacy

I wonder if any prominent columnists in the U.S. might be willing to raise consciousness of the issue of the JFK Records Act and the September 2021 deadline.

Perhaps Timothy Egan or Nicholas Kristof at the NYT, or Eugene Robinson at the WaPo?

Probably not.

I'm guessing that the CIA-affiliated owners of both newspapers would put the kibosh on any such advocacy.

Do you guys have government petitions that people sign in the USA? If our petitions reach over a certain amount then parliament must debate the topic. 
if you have similar it might be an idea to share the hell out of that and get as many Youtubers or prominent people on twitter to raise awareness and advocate a signing of the petition. 
Really the case is simple, nobody is arguing conspiracy, citizens just want documents paid for by the tax payer released and made public. Its been almost 60 years and its been put back. 

I asked the Canadian archives for their JFK documents which was transferred to them by the RCMP. They sent me a very small number of documents and I suspect that they have more documents they are not telling me about.

To reply to Micah, I actually think that Rex Bradford has a list like that. 

Since his web site keep track of those things.

Getting one of those petitions out might be a good idea if we cannot generate any publicity or pressure otherwise.