The Education Forum

JFK Revisited: Through The Looking Glass

Jim,

In the second episode, the FBI and CIA theories of shot sequence are briefly addressed. I have not heard much, if anything on these theories previously to this series. Whoopi goes through the theories briefly but offers no supporting evidence for the theories, especially the CIA theory which is totally opposite of the WC conclusions. I recall she does mention something about CIA documents relating to this being destroyed.

My question is, what info do you have to support the conclusion of the CIA relating to this issue? If the documents were destroyed, what lead you to this information? I'm not saying I doubt this info, but I am genuinely curious to learn more and study this issue further. 

If I missed something and this is not new information, I apologize and would appreciate any info that may be available.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished the final chapter, which was also excellent. It was an effective summation of Kennedy's vision of a peaceful world contrasting with the reality of escalating war.

Overall, I think it's an impressive achievement and will probably stand as the best JFK documentary for many years to come. It's very thorough, even though four hours still only scratches the surface of the many mysteries and incongruities that surround the case. Credit is due for tackling a case of this magnitude at all. It's important work, even though I suspect at times it seems to be a thankless task considering the amount of misinformation still being fed today.

I think breaking it down into episodes was wise. It helped me to digest the information. I always worry that the sheer amount of names and places thrown at the viewer will become confusing for people unfamiliar with the times. A lot of comprehending the case means having a basic understanding all these complex geopolitics and their history. "JFK: Destiny Betrayed" uses expertly assembled news footage and graphics to make this all understandable as possible. 

3 hours ago, Denny Zartman said:

I just finished the final chapter, which was also excellent. It was an effective summation of Kennedy's vision of a peaceful world contrasting with the reality of escalating war.

Overall, I think it's an impressive achievement and will probably stand as the best JFK documentary for many years to come. It's very thorough, even though four hours still only scratches the surface of the many mysteries and incongruities that surround the case. Credit is due for tackling a case of this magnitude at all. It's important work, even though I suspect at times it seems to be a thankless task considering the amount of misinformation still being fed today.

I think breaking it down into episodes was wise. It helped me to digest the information. I always worry that the sheer amount of names and places thrown at the viewer will become confusing for people unfamiliar with the times. A lot of comprehending the case means having a basic understanding all these complex geopolitics and their history. "JFK: Destiny Betrayed" uses expertly assembled news footage and graphics to make this all understandable as possible. 

Excellent summary Denny Z.

99% of the American people cannot and will not ever know the thousands of important JFK event side stories and characters in these that make up the larger and clearer truth picture.

For a million different reasons.

It's just too much for most to digest.

And if one "truly wants to know" the real and full truth about most world history changing man made events, one must dig it out with years of committed hard work study. Often to the point of significantly sacrificing more fun, enjoyable, family time giving and more income producing aspects of what we consider the good life. No?

I know more about the JFK event and Oswald, Ruby and hundreds of other story related characters than I do any other major American and even world changing historical event by far.

Too obsessively so I'm sure. 

First triggered by my watching on live national TV the morning of November 24th, 1963, tacky strip joint owner Jack Ruby blasting a death blow hole into handcuffed Lee Harvey Oswald's gut in the middle of 70 armed Dallas Police personnel and right inside of their own building. 

Was this a PTSD event for me? And many others of the millions who also watched this brutal and bloody shocking event on live TV that day?

To a degree I believe it was. Certainly something you would never forget.

And yet, even with my years of reading books, articles and internet forum entries as well as viewing hundreds if not a thousand JFK event related You Tube videos  I am still just a laughably uneducated neophyte relative to thousands of others who have researched this historical event story to PH.D. levels.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Ty:

When the book of the film comes out, you will see that this is sourced to the McKnight book and the ARRB interview with McMahon.  We could have also added Brugioni. 

The point we were trying to make was that the case was such a mess early that you ended up with three shooting scenarios.

Thanks Denny.

And you are correct, when you see the book of the film, we could have had a six hour series easily.

It was not at all easy to put the four hour one together.   We had two editors--Brian Berdan and Rich Molina- and two assistants on that one. It took many, many months to edit it.

The main achievement as I see it is the coupling of the ARRB forensics evidence, with the revelations of Kennedy's foreign policy, not just in Indochina but in the Middle East, Indonesia, and the Alliance for Progress.  And how the people in the Third World, and the leaders themselves knew that when Kennedy was killed, a very dark face of America was now going to assert itself.

On 3/8/2022 at 3:41 PM, Pat Speer said:

My understanding is that someone left a memo in the HSCA's files saying there was material on CE 567 and that it should be examined. In the 1990's John Orr, hoping the material would track back to Connally, successfully pushed for it to be examined. 

It turned out to be human tissue, with insufficient DNA to point to Kennedy or Connally. This wasn't what Orr had hoped for, so it was largely ignored. 

The problem, however, is that the skin on the bullet nose is the smoking gun that will re-open this case IF people will finally accept it for what it is. This skin could only have come from Kennedy's large head wound. It proves the bullet impacted at the supposed exit. This means two head wounds. When you read forensic books and journals this is clear as can be. 

I don't know if it's "proof", but there is like one scientific paper suggesting that bullets striking tangentially can result in a lot of missing skin, but there is no total scientific proof that shows only a tangential wound could leave so much skin on the bullet. Seems simple enough, a bullet scraping along the body is more likely to scrape off skin, but it is too hard to jump to conclusions with ballistics. Although I must say that your theory on the shooting is pretty good compared to others.

Edited by Micah Mileto

I think Boston Herald likes Oliver.  Two decent stories in a row.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2022/03/08/oliver-stone-adds-up-the-clues-in-jfk-destiny-betrayed-doc/

Hmm, no one is interested in the JFK case and Stone's documentary was a flop eh?

"Destiny Betrayed" is #1 on the nonfiction TV iTunes chart and "Revisited" is #3 on the documentary chart.  

Does not sound like a flop to me.

5 minutes ago, Bruce Fernandez said:

I'm not seeing the 4 hr version on Amazon, any suggestions?

Try typing in "jfk destiny betrayed" and selecting the autocomplete version that says "jfk destiny betrayed in prime video".

38 minutes ago, Bruce Fernandez said:

Thanks Denny, but I'm looking for "revisited" not "betrayed", or am I confused somehow?

It is a little confusing.

The title of the two hour version is "JFK Revisited: Through The Looking Glass."

The title of the four hour version is "JFK: Destiny Betrayed - Season 01". It's four hour long chapters/episodes.